Sign in to follow this  
Goalieman206

Different pvm styles

When it comes to slayer and pvm the only really efficient way to do it is to use a blowpipe. I personally like a little variety in pvm and think that melee and mage should have a bigger impact on slayer and pvm. Currently it's just so inefficient to use anything but a blowpipe to pvm. I know this isn't a pvm server but It would be nice to make more than just a blowpipe viable for pvm. 

I use melee for a lot of enemies like Tekton, corp, barrelchest, demonic gorillas, just to name a few. I think mage has taken a pretty big boost in terms of PvM. Divine hawk and FSH alone boost damage by 68%(35+33).  Grab a tome of fire, another 50%. Occult Necklace(10%), Tormented bracelet(5%), Ancestral top and bottom(4%, 2% and 2%), bloodmancer boots another 5%. All of that stacks up. That's 137.5% damage boost for a flames of zamorak spell. And oh, you can also cast "charge" and make the spell a stronger by 50% (187.5%) I need to try that out myself tbh. Mage is picking up, but range is still king.

2 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I use melee for a lot of enemies like Tekton, corp, barrelchest, demonic gorillas, just to name a few. I think mage has taken a pretty big boost in terms of PvM. Divine hawk and FSH alone boost damage by 68%(35+33).  Grab a tome of fire, another 50%. Occult Necklace(10%), Tormented bracelet(5%), Ancestral top and bottom(4%, 2% and 2%), bloodmancer boots another 5%. All of that stacks up. That's 137.5% damage boost for a flames of zamorak spell. And oh, you can also cast "charge" and make the spell a stronger by 50% (187.5%) I need to try that out myself tbh. Mage is picking up, but range is still king.

Yeah this would work but thats if you have all those items.... and if you do whos going to bring that into the wilderness. not everyone has High donator ranks to pvm at ::ezone ::vip ::sponsor. I think he is looking for a somewhat Cheap alternative to Blowpipe that anyone even a new player can get ahold of.

2 hours ago, Micro shade4 said:

Yeah this would work but thats if you have all those items.... and if you do whos going to bring that into the wilderness. not everyone has High donator ranks to pvm at ::ezone ::vip ::sponsor. I think he is looking for a somewhat Cheap alternative to Blowpipe that anyone even a new player can get ahold of.

DDS is overpowered as well, especially when in max melee. Torva top and legs is only +2 str bonus higher than regular torva so that barely makes a difference in terms of upgrading. Get a color slayer helm and that's your 35% damage boost for pvm. Primal boots/gloves are 300m ea, flame burst is only like 10m. That's relatively cheap and you should be expecting to be ddsing around 100-120s. I've maxed up to 152 in my gear with torture(or) and vigour(i) and with sponsor. I can dish out 10-12 specs by the time I run out of spec since sponsors can regain spec when they heal.

Nothing is OP off the bat. BP wouldn't be that scary if there weren't swift gloves nor slayer helmets. In fact, BP is so broken with all the range strength/damage bonus that you can even hit regularly on corp bypassing its 50% damage reduction when being hit by range.

I agree with @Kellatha it’s completely dependent on the bosses you’re killing. But I do agree with you about mage, it isn’t viable at all for anything other than PvP. I would love to see wats to make mage more useful.