Sign in to follow this  
Goobymunch

Fire Surge

As many of you know Fire Surge has recently been released on 07 and a lot of Youtubers have made a video on it, the spell can be used in both multi pking pure pking and max pking.

The spell itself seems strong and it could bring the use of the Tome of Fire back into the game on SpawnPK, if you look at the current price of the Tome of Fire it sits around 300-500m and I have never seen somebody use it in actual combat. Comparing it to the Tome of Frost which sits around 3-4b and gets a lot of attention because its combination with the ice barrage spell it seems like its just another useless item.

Ascendency and me have been thinking about it and we think it would be a great idea to add Fire Surge to the spell-book which is sure to bring the price back of the tome of fire up to par with the Tome of Frost, This would be great since the swamp has been nerfed and doesn't hit as hard as it used too.

Thankyou for reading my post let me know what you think in the comments.

I like the idea in itself yes so +1 already 

I just dont like the thought behind it, particulary on this :

2 hours ago, goobymunch said:

This would be great since the swamp has been nerfed and doesn't hit as hard as it used too.

It got nerfed because it was way too op and annoying, why would there be a need for something similar just with another name (think)

Eitherway I like the idea itself as mentioned before and if its well balanced it would bring a funny aspect to use in the wilderness.

1 minute ago, despair said:

I like the idea in itself yes so +1 already 

I just dont like the thought behind it, particulary on this :

It got nerfed because it was way too op and annoying, why would there be a need for something similar just with another name (think)

Eitherway I like the idea itself as mentioned before and if its well balanced it would bring a funny aspect to use in the wilderness.

I meant it more as in a way that users that are on the modern spellbook are most likely tbing and using the swamp which is the only option they have if they wish to do some mage damage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goobymunch said:

I meant it more as in a way that users that are on the modern spellbook are most likely tbing and using the swamp which is the only option they have if they wish to do some mage damage.

Anything to make PvM viable for mage :) +1 I checked it out on the wiki, is it just the strongest fire spell now? Or does it have some sort of special ability? Looking at the stats and bonuses, I think it's equivalent to flames of zamorak. I'll check some youtube videos out regarding this, hopefully it's stronger.

8 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Anything to make PvM viable for mage :) +1 I checked it out on the wiki, is it just the strongest fire spell now? Or does it have some sort of special ability? Looking at the stats and bonuses, I think it's equivalent to flames of zamorak. I'll check some youtube videos out regarding this, hopefully it's stronger.

I think its the strongest fire spell if combined with the Tome of Fire not sure about it having a special ability.

I have mainly seen videos in which people are pking with it not sure how it is in PvM but thanks for your feedback and support on it!

support mage pvp is so limited could implement it through a blood perk or a BH ability? unless its free to get

might as well. modern spellbook is trash with how much gap you lose when you miss entangles

Support from me +1

The modern spell book is useless unless you want to teleblock and entangle but then again when does an entangle ever land?

would bring more variety to pking and pvming! 

• Like 1