ODHB

Appeals need rework (rant)

First and foremost this is not to be taking as an slander towards anyone, specially the staff team. The premise of this thread is simply a protest. Better yet, see this as a censure feedback on the handlings of appeals and operations associatated with it. 

Secondly, I jus want to clarify one thing: this isn’t about me solely, because many other players who’ve put forth appeals are also subjugated to this problem. So, It’s clearly safe to say I’m not alone in this “decry”. Moreover, let’s now ask one BIG question: who is beneficiary in all this? No one. Not the player base, not the server, none. 

In the end, there are no winners in this, none. So why don’t you guys jus please do what’s really right for us and most importantly, for the server. 

PS: I know I didn’t put forth why and how I was banned, and that’s because I didn’t think it was necessary. All there is to know is since then, 8 months has passed. Btw, you can submit appeal every 30 days. 

The 'benefits' if you would say are that most people who want/get unbanned may tend to do the same thing again. most of them won't i know that, but the owner/s have much more to do then look at appeals, updates, real life, etc. It must not be easy in their shoes as if  i'm correct they get about 500+ appeals a month. on top of doing the numerous tickets @Ramzi does efficiently he would have to do about 17 appeals a DAY (which must have back ground checks and things similar to this) which must be so fucking awful to do.

I've been banned for well over 4+ Months but i don't feel the need to make thread's as it won't do anything like the lost hundred didn't suddenly make them change. Even with the limited number of staff we have it won't be wise to add hundreds of players a month who are recent scammers/hackers/ddosers and everything else.

I do wish that my appeal would have a verdict placed upon it but our actions have lead us to where we are. Accidental or not we must pay the price.

(also ryan himself said that appeals are a privilege and that they don't have to be looked at.

11 minutes ago, Doggy said:

The 'benefits' if you would say are that most people who want/get unbanned may tend to do the same thing again. most of them won't i know that, but the owner/s have much more to do then look at appeals, updates, real life, etc. It must not be easy in their shoes as if  i'm correct they get about 500+ appeals a month. on top of doing the numerous tickets @Ramzi does efficiently he would have to do about 17 appeals a DAY (which must have back ground checks and things similar to this) which must be so fucking awful to do.

I've been banned for well over 4+ Months but i don't feel the need to make thread's as it won't do anything like the lost hundred didn't suddenly make them change. Even with the limited number of staff we have it won't be wise to add hundreds of players a month who are recent scammers/hackers/ddosers and everything else.

I do wish that my appeal would have a verdict placed upon it but our actions have lead us to where we are. Accidental or not we must pay the price.

(also ryan himself said that appeals are a privilege and that they don't have to be looked at.

This is why tevin should be head-admin, so he can help ramzi.

How not to get banned

1. Dont rwt

2. Dont multi log in wild

3. Dont scam

4. Dont log into accounts that dont belong to you

5. Dont give away your account

6. Dont flame staff 

7. Dont avoid punishments

8. Dont bug abuse / hack players

• Haha 1

This has got to be the most absurd thread due to the fact that it has no basis:

• You have no analytics on how many appeals are open and how many are handled, so don't try to say it's needs a "re-work".
  • I hold the jurisdiction of handling appeals when the Co-Owner is not doing them, so i make sure each player gets their case investigated thoroughly.
  • Your appeal will be dealt with ASAP, please refrain from making posts regarding appeal an offense.

Follow the rules next time and you won't get punished: https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1084-server-rules

If you're going to make valid points, then i am all ears, however, this was more-so:

7: Punishment Threads (Forum-based)

Making a thread about a previous Infraction/warning/ban in any section other than appeals will lead you to get further punishment.
If a staff member has punished you, it was for a reason. You can make ONE appeal, and ONE appeal only. If your appeal is declined, try again in two weeks.
If you feel a punishment placed upon you by a staff is unfair, private message another staff member and they'll help you out.
Any ban evading or posting elsewhere will result in a void of your appeal and further punishment. Ramifications are in place for a reason.

If you have a concern regarding appeals, send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to at least start looking into the case and telling you why you were banned.

-Pheno