Sign in to follow this  
Kellatha

Building a new computer, any computer wizards here?

So basically I am going to start from scratch and build everything myself. I have experience from my last build which started off prebuilt from ibuypower, and later I upgraded pretty much every component except the CPU. I'm really thinking hard about whether I should go for Ryzen(1700X) or the Intel 6700x. I could always wait for the Intel 8th gen, but I feel like Ryzen is the best choice at the moment. Any thoughts on that guys? I have seen so many performance benchmarks and majority of sources say the 1700x is better than the intel 6700x, except for hardcore gaming and the overclocking(which I wont do). I already know pretty much what I want to order, I'm just wondering on what Motherboard and ram would go perfect with them.

Here is a list of stuff so far:

• AMD Ryzen 1700x or Intel I7 6700x - CPU
  • Corsair 460x or Corsair Crystal 560x - Case
  • Corsair HX1000i - PSU
  • EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Edition - GPU
  • Noctua NF-A14 6-8 of them - Fans OR Corsair AF120 8 of them
  • Whatever generic 2TB 7200 RPM hard drive
  • Cheapest 1TB External SSD
  • CoolerMaster Liquid Pro 240 - CPU Cooler

I might splurge even more depending on the total cost, if it's cheaper than I think it will be, then I will buy the Corsair HD series fans, atleast 6 of them :P 

Why dont you buy a finished pc? I think that's easier.

If not, then pm me. I can help you setup an insane gaming PC. 

I also built mine and it costed me around 1300$ total.

I have finally finished it and ordered everything except my case and PSU.

• AMD Ryzen 1700x
  • Corsair 460x or Corsair Crystal 560x - Case (not yet)
  • Seasonic Prime 750w Titanium (later today)
  • EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Edition Hybrid 
  • Noctua NF-A14 6-8 of them - Fans OR Corsair AF120 8 of them (not yet)
  • Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x2
  • NXT Kraken X62
  • Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz 16GB(8x2) will buy another two later

Thoughts guys?

OP build, should last a few years with almost anything (be weary of some amd cpus, they tend to not last as long if you try to OC) 

Its defintely a beast though, should be able to do anything on it except maybe 8k rendering :P

• AMD Ryzen 1700x - Got
  • Thermaltake View V71 - Got (didn't get the corsair after all)
  • Seasonic Prime 750w Titanium - Got
  • EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Edition Hybrid - Got
  • Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x2 - Got
  • NXT Kraken X62 - Got
  • Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz 16GB(8x2) RGB - Got
  • Gigabyte Aorus GA-370X K5 - Got

Lowkey excited to put this all together :P A lot of first timer brands in any of my rigs like Seasonic, Samsung SSD's, NXT, Gigabyte. Usually a corsair fanboy but this time the case wasn't available in amazon prime shipping and would get it like a week or more from now. Sticking to Thermaltake for case, Evga for GPU, but everything else i'm switching sides.

Thoughts so far guys? :P 

On 3-9-2017 at 7:39 PM, Kellatha said:
  • AMD Ryzen 1700x - Got
  • NXT Kraken X62 - Got

Lowkey excited to put this all together :P A lot of first timer brands in any of my rigs like Seasonic, Samsung SSD's, NXT, Gigabyte. Usually a corsair fanboy but this time the case wasn't available in amazon prime shipping and would get it like a week or more from now. Sticking to Thermaltake for case, Evga for GPU, but everything else i'm switching sides.

WTF tbf with you, i didn't understand any shit. COMPUTER NERD ALERT!

37 minutes ago, blonded said:

It's not a bad build, however what do you plan on doing with build?

I did my research, sure I could of spent way more but I got the best for what I spent. 1440p 144hz Gaming on a 27 Inch curve samsung monitor with HDR , I'd say thats close to a perfect build :P the case was my third option, I originally wanted a Corsair/Thermaltake case but neither showed up "lost in transit" so I went with a mid tower all in one 360 mm liquid cooling.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, Kellatha said:
  • AMD Ryzen 1700x - Got
  • NXT Kraken X62 - Got

Well Considering I'm running a Ryzen 1600 build I like it.

Seasonic is probably the best PSU brand considering that's the OEM that most other companies use, I'd like an EVGA 850 P2

The Samsung SSD's are outright OP you splurged on them mofo's

Gigabyte is one of the more dependable mobo manufactures

NZXT is a very good brand, that is a nice AIO cooler

That EVGA 1080ti though, like gah damn my child hm is mom giving you for allowance might need to consult her about that.

ehh RAM is RAM, my LED's are sexc'er tho

My Build

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• AMD Ryzen 1600
  • NZXT S340 white
  • Senty 650W PSU(Generic POS)
  • XFX R9 380X
  • 2 NZXT 120mm fans/2 Corsair 120mm SP fans
  • 1Tb WD 7200RPM HDD
  • Corsiar H100i GTX - Got
  • G.skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz 16GB(8x2)
  • MSI B350-Tomahawk
Edited by Beretta
Valuable comment about RAM

10 hours ago, Beretta said:

Well Considering I'm running a Ryzen 1600 build I like it.

Seasonic is probably the best PSU brand considering that's the OEM that most other companies use, I'd like an EVGA 850 P2

The Samsung SSD's are outright OP you splurged on them mofo's

Gigabyte is one of the more dependable mobo manufactures

NZXT is a very good brand, that is a nice AIO cooler

That EVGA 1080ti though, like gah damn my child hm is mom giving you for allowance might need to consult her about that.

ehh RAM is RAM, my LED's are sexc'er tho

My Build

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• AMD Ryzen 1600
  • NZXT S340 white
  • Senty 650W PSU(Generic POS)
  • XFX R9 380X
  • 2 NZXT 120mm fans/2 Corsair 120mm SP fans
  • 1Tb WD 7200RPM HDD
  • Corsiar H100i GTX - Got
  • G.skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz 16GB(8x2)
  • MSI B350-Tomahawk

I work for my own money and live alone, thank you very much :P also, my dear child. You must get a SSD otherwise you are not truly living up to any computers potential.

Very OP Build, bring us on that adventure :) Keep us updated Let me see how the PC looks when you finished building it, Take a Picture. Best of luck, don't destroy it like I did with mine ^^

On 11/11/2017 at 1:45 PM, Kellatha said:

I work for my own money and live alone, thank you very much :P also, my dear child. You must get a SSD otherwise you are not truly living up to any computers potential.

You moved out? Then who's the kid at the dinner table every night? Also, I very much agree with you but this is also a rather new build for me and I held off on some things because my brother may be adopting the CPU, board and RAM.

I planned to get the 1700x like you but I was short on funds at the time. Also I wanted to wait for more motherboard options to come out and see how other boards were fairing with Bios updates. As for the RAM I currently have 3000mhz frequency like I said, but Ryzen's Infinity Fabric benefits from faster memory speed increasing single core performance. I'm not sure on which frequency I will settle on but I'm definitely satisfied by these beautiful G.skill Trident Z RGB modules.

6 minutes ago, Beretta said:

You moved out? Then who's the kid at the dinner table every night? Also, I very much agree with you but this is also a rather new build for me and I held off on some things because my brother may be adopting the CPU, board and RAM.

I planned to get the 1700x like you but I was short on funds at the time. Also I wanted to wait for more motherboard options to come out and see how other boards were fairing with Bios updates. As for the RAM I currently have 3000mhz frequency like I said, but Ryzen's Infinity Fabric benefits from faster memory speed increasing single core performance. I'm not sure on which frequency I will settle on but I'm definitely satisfied by these beautiful G.skill Trident Z RGB modules.

They were my first choice but at the time the corsair vengeance rgb were on sale for $40 cheaper so i bought those instead. Only downside is they never turn off, even when my PC is on sleep. But I don't mind much, got a RBG night light lol

Just now, Kellatha said:

They were my first choice but at the time the corsair vengeance rgb were on sale for $40 cheaper so i bought those instead. Only downside is they never turn off, even when my PC is on sleep. But I don't mind much, got a RBG night light lol

Ah see it wouldn't bother me because I never put my computer to sleep, so I don't really have that expectation for mine lol. Though if you can buy a set of these and sell your corsair one's I definitely recommend.

DONT SLEEP ON THE FAN, MAKE SURE U HAVE A GOOD COOLING SYSTEM, THE STRONGER THE COMPUTER RUNS THE HOTTER IT GETS, I MADE THE MISTAKE IF IGNORING THE COOLING SYSTEM AND MINES WOULD TURN OFF EVERY HOUR FROM OVERHEAT

On 7/15/2019 at 12:29 PM, just a pixel said:

thats a nice pc indeed but you should of waited for the new amd cpus what came out this month :D

This thread is 2 years old lol

32 minutes ago, infused zerk said:

How much did that cost in total to build ? Sounds wild

Well considering this was 30 months ago, and inflation from mining was much higher I spent around $3200 on the rig, and about $650 in peripherals, $650 on the monitor as well so pretty much around $4500ish