Sign in to follow this  
Faith pots

Forum Permissions.

Forum Moderators  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need Forum Moderators?

• Yes, we do.
    • No, but give the helpers permission to lock/move/delete topics.

Do we need Forum Moderators or do helpers need moderator panel on forums? The in-game helpers have no permission to lock/move topics at the moment, so what do you guys think?

Vote on the poll please.

Edited by Faith pots
  • Thanks 1

forum moderators?

not much goes on here, the moderators can do the job perfectly fine. dont really care if helpers have forum powers.

Yes!

I would like to see forum moderators or the in-game mods need to be more active on forums. Not just replying but really making topics, closing, moving, editing etc... It will give a way more professional view to new players.

JP

3 hours ago, Jean Paul said:

Yes!

I would like to see forum moderators or the in-game mods need to be more active on forums. Not just replying but really making topics, closing, moving, editing etc... It will give a way more professional view to new players.

JP

Thing is, we have 2 Moderators;

- @Casey

- @Yeezus

they have the permission to;

- Lock

- Move

- Delete

- Pin

- Moderation panel (Ban players from the forums)

But, these two moderators are pretty "In-active" on forums. Casey does some forum moderation every now and then, but it's not enough. That's why I do think we need forum ranks. There's a few people that are always helping on forums, but have no powers, so they still have to wait for a moderator to hop on the forums and do his moderation work which should've been done ages ago..

This is not towards any staffmember, you all doing a great job, but they actually need some help with the forums though.

• Thanks 1

ah, im on the forums several hours a day, but i am doing player reports and they should be private so you wouldnt be able to see my responses and the same with appeals, i could help more probaly under different categories, but as i mentioned, player report, and appeal an offense is where im always at. If im needed that much, i can dedicate way more time on the forums. which categories would you say are lacking the most responses on, if that made sense, is it ''help'' ''report a bug'' ect.. please let me know so i can change. Also moderators should be the only ones besides owners and helpers to lock and mess with other threads, in my opinion anyway, moderators only being able to lock threads is good imo because we are well trusted and before we lock a thread or delete ban anything like that, we do go over it and make sure it was handled properly ect.. But if you believe we need forum ''ranks'' i will not deny your request, maybe we do need them and i just dont realise it. But also given the power to ban, they would need to be extra trusted and should probaly get helper first then forum rank?

35 minutes ago, Casey said:

ah, im on the forums several hours a day, but i am doing player reports a should be private so youuldnt be able to see my responses and the same with appeals, i could help more probaly under different categories, but as i mentioned, player report, and appeal an offense is where im always at. If im needed that much, i can dedicate way more time on the forums. which categories would you say are lacking the most responses on, if that made sense, is it ''help'' ''report a bug'' ect.. please let me know so i can change. Also moderators should be the only ones besides owners and helpers to lock and mess with other threads, in my opinion anyway, moderators only being able to lock threads is good imo because we are well trusted and before we lock a thread or delete ban anything like that, we do go over it and make sure it was handled properly ect.. But if you believe we need forum ''ranks'' i will not deny your request, maybe we do need them and i just dont realise it. But also given the power to ban, they would need to be extra trusted and should probaly get helper first then forum rank?

Forum moderators won't have the permission to ban on forums, but in-game moderators do.

Forum moderators will pretty much only have the ability to; lock - pin - move topics. This is just so the ingame moderators and helpers can do their ingame stuff without having to look on forums everytime.

I could understand if you wanted this newly proposed rank due to no other staff member being able to handle said issues, but forum moderation is something that ANY moderator can do, therefore making a "Forum Moderator" rank rather unnecessary. 

As of right now, each staff member has the ability to moderate the forums to an extent that corresponds to their respective rank. Although it may be true that we have certain staff members that specialize in doing work over the forums, once said staff member reaches the appropriate level (Moderator) they will be entrusted all of the tools necessary to handle any issue that a "Forum Moderator" would handle.

Also keep in mind that Super Moderators are entrusted with even more responsibility and authority both in game and on forums, and would definitely be rather active on forums.

Do keep in mind that they are still ranked as "Helpers", the first rank ANY staff member will start out as. They will need to work their way up through loyalty and by proving that they can handle various issues time and time again. They are still learning, so i don't think we need to give them the ability to lock topics, move, etc. This is simply because there's already a lot of protocol and procedures to follow, alongside commands, adding more features would be an overload of information. Also, by having these permissions for Moderator +, it keeps them motivated to work hard for a promotion, but it also builds good communication for the staff team as they will need to contact other moderators to close the threads, etc.

I don't -1 a lot of posts, but i believe with the valid argument i made a -1 would be more than justifiable.

Edit: You have to remember to think server-wide, not every helper that comes in is going to be qualified to handle forums extensively. If there seriously is a helper that comes along who shows extreme potential in terms of forum responsibilities, special permissions can always be granted.

Edited by Phenomenon

I get what you mean @Phenomenon, but think about this.

How many players do we have right now? Around 100-150? 

How many moderators do we have? 2.

Helpers: 2. (serge is never online, so he doesn't count)

Super Moderators; 0. Both, nick and phenom resigned.

Here's a quick reminder on the stafflist:

The two moderators are:

- Casey

- Yeezus

Casey; Does forum stuff every now and then, does appeals etc.

Yeezus; Does close to nothing on forums.

Then we have two helpers;

- Kellatha

- The Aurora

Kellatha; Very active on forums, has no permissions to do forum moderating.

The Aurora; Never on forums.

We actually do need forum moderators, or either promote kellatha to moderator and look for a new server support. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a useless poll, there is nothing to moderate, I've been looking around for the past 3 days to look for some content / updates to read, General is dead, I've read back to when I actually played, Forum Moderators would get so bored sitting there doing nothing, I'm sure Helpers / In-game mods are enough to handle this forums

Juicy 0range,