Sign in to follow this  
Mod 4 Po please

The Kick Command.

So, the kick command, which can allow abusive mods (and brothers :() to take advantage of their powers.

Has only been seen to cause harm in my eyes.

I was wondering in what ways does the 'kick' command actually help.

Discuss!

The kick command is important for players who are in an emergency situation and need to be logged out. For example they have a lot of valued items on them or something that makes them not want to die, yet they disconnect while fighting a boss, they stay logged in until either the boss is dead or you are dead and sent to home. So what we do is we kick the player so that they don't have to go through that. Or if they're glitched or stuck and sendhome just won't cut it. It's a needed command. If any abuse is going on and you have evidence, you need to report it on forums and we shall review the case.

The Kick command is a very appropriate tool which is almost mandatory for staff members, unfortunately there have been cases where it's been mis-used, however those cases have since been resolved.

The kick command is important for players who are in an emergency situation and need to be logged out. For example they have a lot of valued items on them or something that makes them not want to die, yet they disconnect while fighting a boss, they stay logged in until either the boss is dead or you are dead and sent to home. So what we do is we kick the player so that they don't have to go through that. Or if they're glitched or stuck and sendhome just won't cut it. It's a needed command. If any abuse is going on and you have evidence, you need to report it on forums and we shall review the case.

I'm not saying I have experienced any abuse with this. I have just thought that there were more disadvantages to the command than benefits. However now I understand, and also remember a time when I was kicked to help me.

I was just wondering, was all.

The kick command actually has multiple beneficial uses to it such as:

#1: player has disconnected yet account remains logged on.

#2: auto typer's, allows them to kick them from the game to stop spamming.

#3: advertiser's, giving them a second chance to get to know the game without banning instantly