Sign in to follow this  
rated

Price guide

I have been thinking on suggesting this for a while but i think its getting around time that a price guide needs to be set down. In the past month, quite a few people have left and dumped many items into the game causing the prices of those items to crash dramaticly (As in zbow, which is currently 50b but is worth 70-80b.) I think it would be a great addition to the game and would help players find prices for items they would normally have to ask for. It would also hopefully stabilize the fluctuations of high valued items in and out of the trading post. I have heard that there has already been a price guide made by another player but there needs to be an official price guide, as in one the owner/coowner approves of, that way people can refer to the guide and trade/sell items for what they are worth not off of a price given by a player who has no idea what that items price is. Please give me feedback guys, thank you.

Edited by rated

I don't agree about 50b on zbow, but I agree that we do need a price guide. Good suggestion

If you check trading post there was a zbow on there yesterday set for 50b. They have continuously dropped since several were dropped in the drop party's over the last few weeks. And this if for every high valued item, even torva sets are nearly 90b ea now when they are normally upwards of 200b per set.

yes, we need an official price guide made by someone with high authority. Perhaps the whole staff team should cooperate and make a legitimate and well reasoned guide. I myself am probably a bit guilty as well, whenever i was rich, i would sell expensive items for way cheaper to other players.

You can't really make a price guide for runescape/rsps.

Prices keep changing, it's how the game works.

This.

You can't regulate the market, it's a self-driven force.

Even if it were a "figure of authority" who were to create a list, if the demand doesn't hold, people will sell for less. The issue lies in the belief that prices are stagnant, when they are elastic and always subject to change.

No support. If a person were to write up a guide, what would they use as benchmarks? The market changes every single day, and the guide would be obsolete before you even know it.

zbow is indeed 50b? why? because it is 100 blood diamond. blood idamond right now are selling for 500-600m each. The market (grand exchange or w/e we call it) is a very good indicator of current price. Look look at recently sold for price.

Po, i get what you are saying but other rsps have made price guides and they have worked quite well at maintaining the prices that the guide's have recommended. Its the fact that its currently down to the public to make the prices themselves which is causing the prices to crash. I am just making a suggestion here on this but i recommend that there be a price limit set to the trading post in some sort of fashion which prevents items from dropping to a certain price. Prices would probably not drop as much if the trading post was not available. Not saying that it wasn't a great idea to have been put into the game because by all means it was, its just it gives the community far too much power over the prices of items. Im just saying there needs to be a set guide to what the prices of items should be and just hope that the rest of the community abide's by them standards.

This.

You can't regulate the market, it's a self-driven force.

Even if it were a "figure of authority" who were to create a list, if the demand doesn't hold, people will sell for less. The issue lies in the belief that prices are stagnant, when they are elastic and always subject to change.

No support. If a person were to write up a guide, what would they use as benchmarks? The market changes every single day, and the guide would be obsolete before you even know it.

Price guides can always be revised. The point is that this is only a suggestion. Let me ask you a question, what stops the prices of these items from continuously crashing? It has been a little over a month since the trading post has been added to the game and as more and more people quit items will be dumped into the community causing the prices to drop even more then they currently have and they have dropped by 50% in just the last month. Give it 2 more months and guess what the prices will still be doing as long as the problem doesn't get addressed? Still crashing of course. Its not the fact that the prices are changing, its that the prices of the items are dropping. I am simply giving my suggestion to a problem that people are ignoring.

Price guides can always be revised. The point is that this is only a suggestion. Let me ask you a question, what stops the prices of these items from continuously crashing? It has been a little over a month since the trading post has been added to the game and as more and more people quit items will be dumped into the community causing the prices to drop even more then they currently have and they have dropped by 50% in just the last month. Give it 2 more months and guess what the prices will still be doing as long as the problem doesn't get addressed? Still crashing of course. Its not the fact that the prices are changing, its that the prices of the items are dropping. I am simply giving my suggestion to a problem that people are ignoring.

Prices will continuously crash until they reach a new equilibrium point. It's simply because there are too many items in the game right now, and the player base has shrunk.

Feel free to write a guide though, I'd love to give some input on it too.