Sign in to follow this  
kgb

Avoid corruption.

An idea could be that, an Appeal must be dealt with by someone other than the original banner/muter, this would ensure there is a second opinion at least rather than someone closing the thread and disregarding it as soon as it is posted.

Also, if this game's main motive is to have a large player base, then maybe calm down on the bans and give more warnings. You know something must be wrong when the 'appeal an offence' thread almost has the most threads on the whole forums.

Out of respect for how much the players have donated to keep the server running, maybe a strict diciplinaroy system could be set up to give second chances to certain players. This would eliminate the completely unnecessary UID bans to players who would cause no harm to the game and have no previous offences. Realistically each UID ban to a player that hasn't (scammed/hacked/threatened or caused any harm in general to the server) is what is killing the server. it's almost as if some people are power hungry to ban and enjoy the power.

Edited by kgb

All around I agree I know another server that if you do something minor you're sent to an area where you must mine and turn in like 5000 ores to be unmuted/unjailed. I feel like for small offenses the player would learn his lesson from doing so. +1

I'll second this. Also add new people to the staff team and take the ones that do nothing besides go on ban frenzies and just close the appeals on sight out of the view :] they know who they are :D

An idea could be that, an Appeal must be dealt with by someone other than the original banner/muter, this would ensure there is a second opinion at least rather than someone closing the thread and disregarding it as soon as it is posted.

Also, if this game's main motive is to have a large player base, then maybe calm down on the bans and give more warnings. You know something must be wrong when the 'appeal an offence' thread almost has the most threads on the whole forums.

Out of respect for how much the players have donated to keep the server running, maybe a strict diciplinaroy system could be set up to give second chances to certain players. This would eliminate the completely unnecessary UID bans to players who would cause no harm to the game and have no previous offences. Realistically each UID ban to a player that hasn't (scammed/hacked/threatened or caused any harm in general to the server) is what is killing the server. it's almost as if some people are power hungry to ban and enjoy the power.

The first part is a great idea. This would eliminate emotional spillover and ensure cases are treated with minimal bias. 100% support.

However

The last paragraph basically states that donators should receive unfair treatment. You did not pay for unfair treatment, you paid for in-game benefits. The status you acquired for your donations is merely for in-game enjoyment.

I do agree that they should be stricter about UID bans, these should be a second-third time offender punishment.

The first part is a great idea. This would eliminate emotional spillover and ensure cases are treated with minimal bias. 100% support.

However

The last paragraph basically states that donators should receive unfair treatment. You did not pay for unfair treatment, you paid for in-game benefits. The status you acquired for your donations is merely for in-game enjoyment.

I do agree that they should be stricter about UID bans, these should be a second-third time offender punishment.

No hes saying that all players should get this benefit.

No hes saying that all players should get this benefit.

Ah, I must've misread it.

So he's saying because of how much has been donated to the server, there should be a better system implemented for ALL players?

If so, I support this 100%.

Ah, I must've misread it.

So he's saying because of how much has been donated to the server, there should be a better system implemented for ALL players?

If so, I support this 100%.

Yeah more or less