ghost

Possible Bug

I am going to be doing more testing myself. But it seems that if you have a death pet without any orb and only have one item of value, then even when smited, the death pet protects the one item. Where per the update it looks like it should be dropped. Not sure if this was intended to work this way or not

8 hours ago, ghost said:

I am going to be doing more testing myself. But it seems that if you have a death pet without any orb and only have one item of value, then even when smited, the death pet protects the one item. Where per the update it looks like it should be dropped. Not sure if this was intended to work this way or not

Are you using the protect item prayer? Death pets work by giving you an additional +1 (+2 if shade genie) item kept on death. The recent change made it so that the system picks your 2nd most risked item instead of your 3rd, meaning you can get smited and lose everything compared to before where a smite meant you still kept your most risked.

Are you saying you keep your most risked item regardless of the recent change?

So yes, they were using protect item prayer, but they didn’t have an orb of any kind, so per the new rules for death pets the most valuable item in your bag would then be smited, but if you only have one tradable item in your inventory it superceeds the new rule and still protects the malev war axe. So for example I fought a guy, no orb but death pet skulled with malev war axe. Smited him on the kill and got nothing. Per the new rule I would assume it should have dropped the next at axe but since he had no other tradable items in his bag it then didn’t drop anything and by smiting him nothing actually happened

Apparently This Is Being Abused By ALOT Of People Via Using Full Untradable Armor And No Orbing With 1 Item. Not Sure If It's Meant To Be That Way Or If "Abuse" Is The Correct Wording For It, But It 100% Is Happening Alot. 

Yeah, i've since been able to confirm that this is occurring on multiple pk's i've had in which i smite but get no drop