Kalfka

Kalfka's Staff Application

1. Desired staff position: Helper
2. Your name (first name would suffice): Evan
3. Your age: 27 
4. Your timezone: (GMT-6) Mountain time Colorado, USA
5. Average amount of gameplay hours per day: ~9:50 AM - 3:00 PM / 5:00 PM - 3:00 AM Typical Weekend
6. Why you should receive the position: Criteria below

Kalfka's Staff Application (6/20/21) [Last Edit: 7/11/22]

Hello, my name is Evan but many of you might know me as Kalfka 😄. My history with RSPS began in 2009 with the deltascape server 'Ballscape' ran by Babablksheep and Mikey. This was a small subculture of a server which functioned without ::donate or ::gamble. Here I started lifelong friendships across the world which eventually grew into a larger RSPS community with servers like SoulPlay, Fire-PK, and SpawnPK. The people I met along the way on these servers have been my closest friends in life. We have learned together through college, programming projects, and getting older. Community building and conflict resolution are very important to me. I eventually became a forums moderator for Ballscape and an in-game moderator in 2011. When Ballscape shut down in late 2012 I began my journey in developing java projects. I acquired the Ballscape source, and to this day I spend time off tinkering through files to learn how these servers run. It's online (locally) as a test world for me to explore ideas and recommendations before I post them! I love building sprites and testing both PvP & PvM mechanics.

My best friend Miko introduced me SpawnPK in early 2015. Ever since, I have been obsessed with learning every detail I can about this custom server. Seriously ask me anything and I will follow through with every possible answer, not just one. I love directing people to information by showing them advanced search techniques and hidden gems in SPK update history. I am regularly checking forum updates from the beginning of SPK to current.

The raid community on SPK is a one that I care a lot about (Please check out my latest suggestions for raids!). I am a founder of the 'SPK raids fam' discord community which is the largest unofficial (let's change that) source of information on raids. We are 360 members strong and growing. We have a #data channel, #loadouts, #marketplace, #high-scores, and many giveaways hosted for the community. We are an actual fountain of knowledge held up by some of the most senior players in the game. Our veteran players include Kellatha, Bsouth, Metal Raimon, Nrdm, Despair, Huntir, myself, and many more in testing and providing guidance to newcomers. In-game, I am available as an active general in the 'raids fam' clan chat. I also wrote the librarian custom discord bot for SPK raids from scratch. Please come check it out in our discord for access to commands like:

1. Display COX/TOB drop tables.
    -  Call on specific items will include effects, stats, price (updatable).
  2. Display COX/TOB drop rates by game mode.
  3. Roll raid loot from either COX/TOB by game mode difficulty.
  4. Display loadout recommendations under 'x' amount of cost.
  5. Display COX/TOB time averages (+ top speed) & top scores by difficulty.
  6. Display COX/TOB efficiency calculator.
    - This is the ratio at which ToB is more profitable than CoX (bags/hr).
  7. Display various server boss stats with available information and guides.

SPK has been a home away from home for years now. I remain active on ::yell to share my experience, discuss updates, patches, and game mechanics. I truly do love this community, and I would be so proud to serve as a helper.

In-game achievements:

• Completionist III (did not purchase in the blood synth pool)
  • 1189 ToB KC
  • 176 Blood slayer (all from pvp)
  • 12,878 player kills
  • Legendary donator
  • Mythic alt

Link to the SPK raids discord community that I manage: https://discord.gg/W2tu8XW3j3

Link to my YouTube channel where I host GM-ToB streams: Solo GM Tob [LIVE] - YouTube

Some Python lines that will compare GM-ToB to GM-CoX: 

Spoiler

SPK Raids Calculator

Variables:

• Loot Table Value
  • Drop Rate Frequency (Across 1,000s of observations GM-ToB/GM-CoX)
  • Raid Time

Outputs:

• Total Drop Table Value
  • Average loot per chest
  • A ratio of GM-ToB/GM-CoX for comparison

###Insert updated prices and run :) [PRICES TP-MIN: 7/7/21]

xerician_pendant = 6700
relic_of_xeric = 3166
epic_pet_mystery_box = 550
twisted_bow = 1500
mystery_chest = 250
ancestral_top = 870
ancestral_bottom = 740
elder_maul = 450
x100_bags = 100
kodai_wand = 200
ancestral_hat = 200
ghrazi_blood_hilt = 8250
sanguinesti_enchantment_orb = 15000
relic_of_blood_theatre = 19600
scythe_of_vitur = 3350
ghrazi_rapier = 1250
sanguinesti_staff = 1550
avernic_defender_hilt = 1500
x3_treasure_chest = 255
justiciar_chestguard = 1400
justiciar_legguards = 975
justiciar_faceguard = 250
LootTableCoX = xerician_pendant + relic_of_xeric + epic_pet_mystery_box + twisted_bow + mystery_chest + ancestral_top + ancestral_bottom + elder_maul + x100_bags + kodai_wand + ancestral_hat
print("The total value of the CoX loot table is", LootTableCoX, "bags.")
WeightedLootTableCoX = xerician_pendant*.006 + relic_of_xeric*.006 + epic_pet_mystery_box*.035 + twisted_bow*.006 + mystery_chest*.035 + ancestral_top*.006 + ancestral_bottom*.006 + elder_maul*.006 + x100_bags*.035 + kodai_wand*.006 + ancestral_hat*.006
print("The average value of looting 1 chest in GM CoX is", WeightedLootTableCoX, "bags.")
LootTableToB = ghrazi_blood_hilt + sanguinesti_enchantment_orb + relic_of_blood_theatre + scythe_of_vitur + epic_pet_mystery_box + mystery_chest + ghrazi_rapier + sanguinesti_staff + avernic_defender_hilt + x3_treasure_chest + justiciar_chestguard + justiciar_legguards + justiciar_faceguard
print("The total value of the ToB loot table is", LootTableToB, "bags.")
WeightedLootTableToB = ghrazi_blood_hilt*.0175 + sanguinesti_enchantment_orb*.0175 + relic_of_blood_theatre*.006 + scythe_of_vitur*.018 + epic_pet_mystery_box*.075 + mystery_chest*.075 + ghrazi_rapier*.018 + sanguinesti_staff*.018 + avernic_defender_hilt*.006 + x3_treasure_chest*.075 + justiciar_chestguard*.006 + justiciar_legguards*.006 + justiciar_faceguard*.006
print("The average value of looting 1 chest in GM ToB is", WeightedLootTableToB, "bags.")
AdjCoX = WeightedLootTableCoX*2
print("A three man GM-ToB takes 18 minutes. A three man GM-CoX takes 9 minutes.")
print("So, let's double the average value of looting a chest in GM-CoX:", AdjCoX)
ratio = WeightedLootTableToB/AdjCoX
print("GM-ToB is", ratio, "times more profitable than GM-CoX")

The total value of the CoX loot table is 14726 bags.
The average value of looting 1 chest in GM CoX is 114.456 bags.
The total value of the ToB loot table is 54180 bags.
The average value of looting 1 chest in GM ToB is 739.05 bags.
A three man GM-ToB takes 18 minutes. A three man GM-CoX takes 9 minutes.
So, lets adjust the value of looting a chest in GM-CoX: 228.912.
GM-ToB is 3.228533235479136 times more profitable than GM-CoX.

Outside of SPK

I am a 27-year-old graduate student studying at the University of Colorado. My MS is in Computer Science and Linguistics. I am very passionate about ontology learning, and computational linguistics. Currently, I am taking graduate courses on Object-Oriented Analysis, Neural Networks and Deep learning, Syntactic Analysis, and Natural Language Processing. I work for the Computer Science department at my university and am project lead on four different government funded research projects.

My goal in life is to finish my program in two years and enter the tech world as a Natural Language Processing Engineer. Afterwards, I would like to save up for my own sailboat and explore the South American coast with my wife.

I speak English, Spanish, enough to understand fluently and casually speak it. I've also spent two years studying Arabic, السالم عليكم

Edited by Kalfka
update
  • Like 2

Kalfka! Finally a staff application. I will +1 your application for many reasons.

1) I trust you a lot since you were my first friend ever on Spawnpk and we kept a close friendship since then.

2) You have a lot of knowledge about the game and you are willing to help.

3) A very active player with a raids discord that will bring all the raiders together.

Now there are more reasons to +1 you however, I would like to see you put in some work over forums, Spawnpk official discord, and ingame (Yell, Help chat).

Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Scooby Dooo said:

Now there are more reasons to +1 you however, I would like to see you put in some work over forums, Spawnpk official discord, and ingame (Yell, Help chat).

Best of luck.

It's funny you mention that haha, I was just posting and checking in on various forum threads. Check out Despairs idea for ToB and leave a comment man, he's got some great ideas! Theatre of Blood updates.

Much appreciated Scoobs, you're a ride or die for life man thanks for the support

+1 , active, helpful, has enough knowledge and experience, also he is a kind person , good luck mate

• Like 1

+1, Never +1'd a player so fast.

This guy has more general runescape knowledge and experience then 90% of the players i've known this guy personally for over a decade from server to server and have once never heard or seen a bad statement against him, such a humble and trustworthy person. Would be such a benefit to the staff team

BIG +1, always been very helpful and knowledgeable. He clearly has a gear passion for the game and would be a great addition for the server. 

• Like 1

+1, As part of Kalfka's Raids Family discord, I can attest to his insane knowledge of all aspects of SPK and the assistance he provides to new players and veterans alike. 

• Like 1

+1. There is no doubt in my mind that Kalfka, or rather Evan, is the best suitable candidate for a staff position. To start it's no surprise that on a pking server there are bound to be toxic players. However, he is absolutely the opposite of a toxic player or person. One of the most down to earth people I have ever met in my RS & RSPS life.

He is always the first person to help others, lend a hand, and give advise. We are talking about a person who has ran normal Cox and normal Tob, meanwhile he has grandmaster Tob. All just to show some new players how to properly raid and keep the community up. He is also the owner and community manager of the one and only Raid Discord which has thrived since he took it over in the early days of its creation and is a fun discord community to be apart of all to his credit. 

Another reason I think he would be a fantastic person to have on staff is because he genuinely enjoys the game and its mechanics. There have been countless nights where he would ask me to help him test specific game mechanics, or pet combo ideas. For both in PVP and PVM. From figuring out the best Blood slayer PVP setups with the blood slayer beast, to devising the BIS for the fastest COX or TOB raids, his brain is always in LAB Mode. His input and feedback would be extremely valuable. 

As someone who played this server extensively for the past year, I can say without a doubt in my mind that he would easily be the most active and most helpful (to both staff and players) person for the job. He would be a really good look for the server, and I can assure you that he would aid the server in keeping it's player base by providing newcomers with the comfort they need to grow and become committed to the game. Hands down, the best choice for the server! 

• Thanks 1

Kalfka is more than suited to become part of the Staff team. This guy is genuinely just trying to make everyones gaming experience on SPK better everyday. Connecting all kinds of people despite their different point of views. The Raids discord he is leading is nothing but wholesome and a place for new players to get the help they need. 

He is also one of the most chill person out there in the community. BUT dont mistake his friendly nature with a Yes man personality, he is always ready to have constructive and meaningful discussions without toxicity, which is one of the traits I respect the most from him. Mans got brains lol.

Last but not least: Might be a biased reason from my part but I wouldn't mind more PvM representation in the staff team either. While Kalfka isnt purely just a pvmer, PvMing is still a big part of his SPK Life. I trust him enough to help the staff team in making decissions that benefit both parts of the game rather than just sticking to the good old "its a pk server" argument many players make.

+1 from me on this one for sure. He's built different.

• Like 1

Always helpful, has been a very very loyal player for a long ass time (i started in 2016, and he was old then) he was just as cool back then and he's the same now, 100% support. r

This man deserves staff, he is always helpfull and never rude too anyone. Very trusted player and very respectful off everyone. Known him a long time and I could not say a bad word about him.

Has grinded most content on the game its self and doesn't play for pixels he plays to help people and keep contact with friends I highly reccomened him for staff ❤️

A BIG +1 for me knows everything in the game, knows all shit about pvming knows all pet fuses out of his head! Active as fuck and helps everyone!

keep it up mate! Hope you get it you deserve it!!!

another great staff application posted. +1, no need for an explanation as i'd just be repeating the words of so many others :)

• Like 1

very helpful, only person who actually responds to messages, would love to have him as part of the staff team. think he can benefit spk alot

Would love to see Kalfka join the staff team. Has helped me ALOT and is quiet interactive with the community/players. Not to mention the extensive research and testing he does solely for the benefit of the community! 
A +1 from me definitely.

Hello! i dont recall you very much ingame, maybe time zone, ive seen you around before obviously, but scooby seems to support you, and i support scooby, so i will +1 as well, keep up the good work, you clearly have some staffs attention! 

Kalfka is the most helpful person i've ever come across, literally spend countless hours of his time making fun stuff for the community and helping out. Has massive knowledge in coding and has played this game for ages, no one has ever been more fit for a staff role than kalfka imo +1