Sign in to follow this  
Primatol

Reward Youtubers

Id suggest more rewards for YouTubers. I never started this for "money". I started YouTube mainly to learn how to edit and to show off my game play.  So far I've released about 20 videos.  Quite honestly it is a lot, supporting your own giveaways, the time it takes to edit and the biggest time is spent getting clip. Dont take this as  "give me stuff". But I just feel if anything support with giveaways and some play money should be the minimum. I just think it should be more rewarding. Why would anyone want to do this without some incentives.  Im at over 20,000 views many videos hitting 1-2k plus, which matches the view count as many larger youtubers. Went from 0-near 600 subs purely off spawnpk just for fun but its not a great investment of my time without at least some incentives to keep me going. I think its just not the best business move to not reward people for showing off the server. It helps the server grow and keeps people logging in. Plus keeps me logging in. Youtube is really the ONLY good way to advertise a rsps atm that works. Why not pump it up and keep the videos flowing from everyone. Start an incentive based reward program keep us motivated.

I'm not an official SPK youtuber but I agree that youtubers could use more incentives to pump out content, right now there are only like 5 active uploaders on spk right now and the server could use as much advertising as it can get, especially with the recent decline in the playerbase

I completely understand where your coming from tbh.

I started making videos as a hobby and if it wasn't for the community I wouldn't of been able to keep up with giveaways, I have had to do some videos in the past without giveaways simply because I cant keep up with them.

I'm not sure if an incentive is the right word, as I enjoy making videos and communicating with the community I'm growing, However with that being said having more consistent support would be nice.

Regarding the "play money", I have so many ideas for content but a lot of the time am held back by the items I have available to me, Would be nice to have access to certain items for content purposes, such as pk videos and guides ect.

I understand the staff are busy but the amount of attention some of us bring to the server would be nice if supporting the YouTubers was more of a priority.

I have had to wait 6 weeks for a reply from staff regarding issues I had, A normal player shouldn't have to wait that long, let alone a YouTuber. 

As a YouTuber you are meant to have an affiliate link and a command and some other benefits, however so far apart from a small offering from Tevin along with my in game YouTube rank, I haven't received any of the previously mentioned benefits.

In all honesty I wouldn't of given my public opinion like this however given the fact you have made a thread I thought I would add my feelings towards the subject.

Oxy

1 hour ago, oxygenthief said:

In all honesty I wouldn't of given my public opinion like this however given the fact you have made a thread I thought I would add my feelings towards the subject.

Oxy

I'm trying to help server, not myself. We need more videos to showcase the server. We need more players period.  Throwing youtubers some inventive wouldn't do anything but help. And I hope they don't take this the wrong way, I really applicate they got behind me and gave me the rank to begin with. I understand how they might feel but the amount of time and effort of all smaller youtubers shouldn't be ignored. Without giveaways its hard to get the amount of views,  asking for a little support for everyone. I don't feel it's a lot to ask for.  Were spending our time to advertise the server. No one should be scared to speak up on something that's good for everyone and over all would help the server. 

9 hours ago, Primatol said:

I'm trying to help server, not myself. We need more videos to showcase the server. We need more players period.  Throwing youtubers some inventive wouldn't do anything but help. And I hope they don't take this the wrong way, I really applicate they got behind me and gave me the rank to begin with. I understand how they might feel but the amount of time and effort of all smaller youtubers shouldn't be ignored. Without giveaways its hard to get the amount of views,  asking for a little support for everyone. I don't feel it's a lot to ask for.  Were spending our time to advertise the server. No one should be scared to speak up on something that's good for everyone and over all would help the server. 

Oh I completely agree with everything you said, Just mean I don't think I would of felt comfortable coming out publicly like this myself.

I hope this get the attention it needs and moving forward things start to improve.

• Like 1