Sign in to follow this  
despair

Beginner zone revamp

1200px-Armadyl_godsword_detail.png?50b4f Beginner Zone Revamp  1200px-Dragon_claws_detail.png?68422

wellwellwell_2.gif

Introduction

Not too long ago we've seen a new update which sounded promising at first but sadly wasn't executed well (imo). So where did the update went wrong and why iss it almost dead content already?

One of the issues is that its way to restricted as it is right now. The list of items you can use is very short and doesn't allow for much variety to play around with.

The seond issue and probably the main issue here is that its not really worth doing. The rewards you can get from PKing players and from the store itself can't even be classified as "begginer" rewards. You probably dont need to expect big loots from players thanks to the aforementioned heavily restricted items list and rewards you can buy from the store convert in avarage to just 200m-300m per point.

Sure this is supposed to be a zone for fresh players, but even for those there are way better ways to make Starter money than spending time at the new beginner zone. 

Suggestion

So to increase activity in the beginner zone I'd suggest to work on those two main issues. The list of restricted items as well as the Reward store need to be relooked at.

Items List

The list of useable items should be expended by:

Spoiler

Vesta's - Statius's - Morrigan's - Zuriel's (Armour and Weapon)

Swift - Goliath - Spellcaster gloves

Primodial - Eternal - Pegasian boots

Korasi Sword

Flameburst Defender

Abyssal dagger

Saradomins's blessed sword

Chaotics

Serpentine helm

Amulet of the damned

Amulet of fury (or)

Ring of vigour

Heavy Ballista (Only allow dragon javs)

Malediction/Odium Ward

Staff of the dead/Staff of light

Arcane stream necklace

Spirit shields (Not divine)

Brimstone Ring

Kiln Cape

Blood/Bounty cape

Super Combat Potion/Sanfew

Rune pouch

Some may think that expending the list by those items would defeat the idea behind the zone. I had those thoughts aswell and tried to only chose items that aren't auto keep, not too costumy but still worth some gp aswell as still fun to use. e.g Max Melee with this list would look as follows:

d4f7c7366519c27aac17b230f11b86d5.png

Imo this is a very well balanced set that even someone with spawnies and ags can deal with. And he would get rewarded decently for it too.

a597f7d8bfb0d71ae9a7a6b52d2c3495.png

This would also give the beginner zone a more pre-eoc (RS2) kinda vibe which not only beginners that need money will enjoy. I can see myself pking there just for fun and to get away from the lots of items that can kill you in a blink of an eye or the tons of 0s against Tektonic Pkers and such. With the increased activity beginners would have actual oponents to enjoy this place and build their a starter bank for themselves.

Store expansion

Add the following to the store:

Spoiler

Imbued rings instead of the regular ones

PvP Mystery Box

Primal Mystery Box

Prize key

Treasure Casket

Pking Task Bottle

Blood/Bount cape

Ring of Vigour

Frost Whip

Lava Whip

As for the store list I feel like I am mising couple of ideas, so feel free to comment with your own suggestions.

PS: whether or not you like the idea I think we can all agree that the daily reward should be improved...at the current stage its easier and faster to complete your daily lava/frost dragon and Elder druids task and you are being rewarded way more than for completing your daily beginner zone kills.

Please let me know what you guys think about the beginner zone and if you agree or disagree with what I said.