diamondguy

Make it so achievement rewards cannot be claimed on the same IP

Hello,

I am a (now permanently banned) player from SpawnPK named Spagotti. I was ba19: Using multiple accounts for voting and/or rewards19: Using multiple accounts for voting and/or rewardsnned in mid April because I broke a rule which is under section 19 of the bannable offenses:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19: Using multiple accounts for voting and/or rewards

There is a vote cap per account for a reason

If you are caught using multiple accounts to vote, you will lose your items and possibly be banned

Using multiple accounts to receive more than one "weekly top voter" reward is also punishable

You can NOT use your phone to redeem more votes

This multi-account rule also applies to other account based rewards, such as starter kits, achievements, etc.

When done with a few accounts (lesser extent) the offense is less severe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The part about my ban which frustrates me, was the fact that the section of the rules which I broke, is one that is barely even noticeable. "This multiaccount rule also applies to other account based rewards, such as starter kits, achievements, etc." When I initially joined the server, I gave the rules a reading, and did not even notice that achievement farming was even a bannable offense. I simply thought I had been clever in coming up with a method to flip blood diamonds for a profit of 1b-5b each time depending on the margins. I ended up profiting a grand total of around 90-100b total, which, as most players know is practically nothing. 

My suggestion is that if achievement farming is against the rules, then why not just make it so that the achievement rewards cannot be claimed multiple times on the same ip address? If achievements are allowed to be done on multiple accounts, then this rule does not make sense, as whos to say I wasnt simply working towards a comp 3 cape on all of my accounts. If anything, make the achievements doable on the same ip, but remove the rewards granted for doing it. This will solve any problem, and remove any confusion about this rule. 

tldr: if claiming achievement rewards on multiple accounts is considered to be against the rules, then make it so the rewards for the achievement cannot be claimed more than 1x on a specific ip address in order to prevent players from accidentally breaking this rule. 

To clarify, I am saying if I complete a certain achievement on one account, then I can claim the reward with no issues, but if i complete it on a second account, then it will still show as completed, however, I will not receive any tradeable reward from it, so as to prevent the accidental breaking of the achievement farming rule.

Rule is crystal clear and easy to understand. Whether or not it was "accidentally" overlooked or not fully understood isn't the servers fault. The system you suggest could always be implemented but could easily be evaded as if it were never there to begin with. The few people that will abide and follow through is pretty close to nonexistent if people were made aware somehow of their wrong doings for whatever circumstance it was that they didn't comprehend the rules.

Making alts for comp 3 is certainly unrealistic but if you chose to really play that card it would be a horrible excuse. The amount of time required to earn maybe what, 200b-300b in achievements laughable considering many money makers make this much more easily and more time efficient. Creating alts for the sole purpose of exploiting achievements is what you would be penalized for. If you claim you were hunting comp 3 but 20 of your alts had close to no achievements farmed or worse if all of them just had the blood diamond fuser achievement completed that would certainly not look good on your part.

If you claim "100b" was all you profitted and earned a hefty banned (you didn't specify what type of ban) it would be surreal as from personal experience people only get severe bans if the profit was in the trillions. Some exceptions could be made, but if it really only was 100b and you got a bad ban for it you must of had priors or something along those lines. It's a case by case basis, and at the end of the day if the owners green light a severe ban then that's the end of the story.

If this was just a account ban and you are making a big deal just tough it up and learn from your mistakes. Not sure why you are posting on the forums as if you are drawing attention to your case and punishment but whatever anyone  comments or however much support you obtain will not change the course of action that was taken.

To start off, my intention by creating this post was not to defend my case, rather, it was to make a suggestion to help avoid new players making this mistake in the future. The ability to multi-vote is already curbed by the websites ensuring that multiple votes are not claimed on the same IP within a certain time frame, and spawnPKs website takes measures to look into and prevent this as well. If it is against the rules, why not simply implement this new system, which would only allow the first account on your ip to claim the rewards, as it would allow players to complete achievements multiple times with no concern of a ban. I would argue this rule is significantly lesser known than most of the other common rules, such as multi-voting, multi-logging in wilderness, etc. If the IP part cannot be implemented, why not at least put some kind of a warning about this, as like I said, it is quite an obscure rule, and not one that most players realize is even in place. 

As for the part about myself personally, you can choose to believe it or not, but I really did make around 100b from the method, and did it accross about 10 accounts. You can choose to believe this or not, or even look into the margins yourself. Calculate how much you would make by buying enough tanz/magma helms to satisfy the blood diamond achievements, and claiming the rewards. You will likely realize that the margins are in fact minimal, and if the prices are not low enough, it will actually come at a loss.

Additionally, SpawnPK has been known to get backed up on appeal tickets in the past, which is understandable as there are so many, so one way to reduce the influx of these would be to simply add in warning messages and minor locks which would prevent players from breaking rules.

-If a player types a different servers name, a warning message could be sent in their chatbox about not advertising for other servers.

-If the word "ddos" comes up in a conversation, trigger a chatbox warning.

-If someone has sent the same message in the chatbox 3+ times, trigger a chatbox warning. 

-If someone is using language with a high level of "flaming" content, trigger a chatbox warning.

-If someone advertises or uses the words "drop party" or "dp", trigger a chatbox warning regarding the rule on fake drop parties.

-The risk fight arena and pure zone should send their rules in the chatbox as soon as the player teleports to them.

-If a second account with the same ip address as the first enters the wilderness, trigger a chatbox warning

Many of the servers rules are self explaining, as they are common rules across Runescape itself, and most rsps, (rwting, botting, scamming), but especially for the rules that are less common, or even unique to this server, automated warnings at the very least should be implemented, as the more players are aware of the various rules will reduce people breaking them. I can't tell you how many times I witnessed a fake drop party, or saw excessive flaming on yell, saw people talking about ddosing one another, and especially multilogging in the wilderness. I used to be a big fan of the bounty hunter system, and it was laughable how many times I would get tagged off by an account in complete spawnables in an otherwise remote area, then when I killed both accounts I would receive the message saying you cannot receive rewards for this kill as you have just killed someone on this ip. Most of the players that break these rules are newbies, but there are even some more experienced players who overlook and break server rules as well, often times without realizing. Implementing a warning system, as well as other measures in order to prevent the playerbase from violating the server rules would allow more of the playerbase to remain online, and increase the awareness of the rules among the SpawnPK community.