Sign in to follow this  
Fat Abdah

Command to prevent gambling for X amt of time

I know on other servers there is the possibility of a command that will execute a "Gambling Ban" for X amt of time. I think it would be a cool concept to have a command you can run on your own account to stop any form of gambling, ::gamble and ::duel alike. This would prevent players from being cleaned constantly, keep more players playing, and in my opinion, could help prevent economy decline, by allowing someone to run the command, and prevent rage gambling of large amounts.

Possible command could be - ::gambleban [X amount of time] (possibly times like 1-2 weeks etc)

OT: Some people have genuine gambling problems on here, by implementing this command, it could help lessen these problems, and even help stop them if used long term.

Edited by Fat Abdah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you die and resurrect pray it's a man with some balls this time because that's what you'll need to stop gambling not a command

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

When you die and resurrect pray it's a man with some balls this time because that's what you'll need to stop gambling not a command

I mean I don't need the command, im suggesting it for others, all you see in yell etc is people flaming over getting cleaned/quitting etc, just figure it would help

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:34 AM, Fat Abdah said:

I know on other servers there is the possibility of a command that will execute a "Gambling Ban" for X amt of time. I think it would be a cool concept to have a command you can run on your own account to stop any form of gambling, ::gamble and ::duel alike. This would prevent players from being cleaned constantly, keep more players playing, and in my opinion, could help prevent economy decline, by allowing someone to run the command, and prevent rage gambling of large amounts.

Possible command could be - ::gambleban [X amount of time] (possibly times like 1-2 weeks etc)

OT: Some people have genuine gambling problems on here, by implementing this command, it could help lessen these problems, and even help stop them if used long term.

I agree with this. Gambling is a server killer. Adding a gamble ban npc or command would be amazing! I also hardly ever gamble but have seen many many players leave cause of it. I know it’s their fault of course nobody made them gamble but adding this would be cool 

If someone doesn't have the discipline to know when to stop gambling, I doubt they have the discipline to type the command.

26 minutes ago, jacked up said:

If someone doesn't have the discipline to know when to stop gambling, I doubt they have the discipline to type the command.

said every arrogant owner of now dead servers.

To me this is just something to prevent the server from losing players. Yes, staff will have to deal with people complaining they can’t gamble, but is it worth the sacrifice to keep players playing? I would hope so. 

Also to add, this in return bring more people into the wild to earn money, aka (add more blood revs :) )

+1

Edited by Austin

Actually a great idea but wont happen. Cleaned people buy bonds to gamble some time so that kills that lol