Sign in to follow this  
James Bond

NERF Malevolent War Axe

I've never been smited twice in a row in the 5 years of playing Spk.. it just doesn't happen.

Most are using limitbreaker + Male axe specing x2 making it almost a guaranteed smite, they risk literally nothing. They can sit in untradables and x2 male spec all day and smite all day long.

My suggestion:

Make the Malevolent War Axe use 55% spec instead of 50%.. this will force more of these players to risk vigour or not be able to use x2 spec instantly. 

IT'S WAY TOO OVERPOWERED.

14 hours ago, James Bond said:

I've never been smited twice in a row in the 5 years of playing Spk.. it just doesn't happen.

Most are using limitbreaker + Male axe specing x2 making it almost a guaranteed smite, they risk literally nothing. They can sit in untradables and x2 male spec all day and smite all day long.

My suggestion:

Make the Malevolent War Axe use 55% spec instead of 50%.. this will force more of these players to risk vigour or not be able to use x2 spec instantly. 

IT'S WAY TOO OVERPOWERED.

Yeah I think that would be more then a fair nerf that wouldn't get too much complaint, plenty of people with elder blood, mythic capes, and vigour I. The rest can either get any of those or risk the damn vigour 

• Like 1

malev axe was already nerfed and so was lb zerker, let's not nerf these items to the ground any further :( 

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

malev axe was already nerfed and so was lb zerker, let's not nerf these items to the ground any further :( 

Have you been pking in edge recently? 

It's getting bloody stupid. No effort or skill when we have people x2 axing and guaranteeing a smite. Bangs a 90 pray drops, specs another 90 on your 4head.. it's stupid.

Imagine getting Blood King and only risking a fucking tok cape. SMH. All untradables, no skill or effort needed and risk NOTHING.

Z9gZOZq.png

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

Have you been pking in edge recently? 

It's getting bloody stupid. No effort or skill when we have people x2 axing and guaranteeing a smite. Bangs a 90 pray drops, specs another 90 on your 4head.. it's stupid.

It's capped at 70 though, also I don't think malev axe smites that hard without a smite pet to begin with, might need to test that out.

And no honestly been pvming a lot, i've heard edge has been dead hella bc of pet and lack of edge hotspot

Pretty sure if you just keep your pray above 70 and pray up as soon as you see a malev axe spec you're golden?

If anything invest in a verzik pet :P 

Edited by Kellatha

Malev axe isn't the problem, it's the pet. U can stack over full hp with 0 risk 9 out of 10 times. Needs a nerf .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kellatha said:

It's capped at 70 though, also I don't think malev axe smites that hard without a smite pet to begin with, might need to test that out.

And no honestly been pvming a lot, i've heard edge has been dead hella bc of pet and lack of edge hotspot

Pretty sure if you just keep your pray above 70 and pray up as soon as you see a malev axe spec you're golden?

If anything invest in a verzik pet :P 

You make it sound easy to escape a x2 axe spec, you either eat and be smited or pray and die. It's a double edged sword. There is no escape to it. I'm shocked its capped at 70.. I swear I've seen it 1hitk0 full stacks of hp multiple times.

Again, no effort or skill needed. Theres a blood king running around in untradables x2ing axe effortlessly.

10 hours ago, James Bond said:

You make it sound easy to escape a x2 axe spec, you either eat and be smited or pray and die. It's a double edged sword. There is no escape to it. I'm shocked its capped at 70.. I swear I've seen it 1hitk0 full stacks of hp multiple times.

Again, no effort or skill needed. Theres a blood king running around in untradables x2ing axe effortlessly.

Because it is easy. Nothing is as broken atm as ele mace making your prayer go from 99 to 0 and hit a 74+ accurately. I was so scared that it was so broken I used a shade genie so I wouldn't lose my +1. I'm more than sure Ryan got it right this time and truly capped it at 70 since before it was "capped" but I did some heavy testing and found out ways to bypass the caps.

Gonna have to check out x2 malev axe in person thought 👀

people who can afford that axe most likely have a elderblood ring or vig(i) so that change won't change much tbh..

4 minutes ago, sonny said:

people who can afford that axe most likely have a elderblood ring or vig(i) so that change won't change much tbh..

You are right, I would have suggested something way harsher but it wouldn't have even been considered.

Something needs to be done, it's way too OP. No skill, effort or risk is needed using this weapon.