Sign in to follow this  
metal justin

Pure Zone Overhaul

Complete Overhaul of the pure zone suggestion

a1ORyZg.png

Hello everyone and thanks for checking out this post. Today I wanted to talk about the pure zone, one of the most dead pieces of content on spawnpk. The reason I want to bring it up now once again, is due to the winter event being over. When we were discussing in yell to skip for the hotspots, I realized I didn't even want to see pure hotspots now because without the winter shards for kills, it's just not worth it what so ever. What I'd like to suggest instead, is to have a look at this zone once again, and make positive changes in terms of:

- What you can do there.

- Possible rewards - and thus money making.

- Adding more fun to the whole expierence overall.

Let's start off with the "what you can do there".

Currently your only option is to be a 1 defense pure here. Anything above 1 def and you won't be able to even enter the wilderness here. What I want to oppose, is an extension to pures. A lot of players really enjoy different kinds of pures, as seen as peak 2012 pking days when pures were probally at their highest in hype. I'm talking about regular pures, special pures based on magic damage (TSOTD pures on osrs for example), initiate pures (20 def), turmoil pures (30 def), Rune pures (40 def) and of course the almighty zerkers (45 def). On top of that we also have ranged pures, tanks and other special kind of account setups that can be widely enjoyed by all different kinds of players. So how would we handle all these kind of pures? 

Well since the main pking spot for pures is this PvP area around the grand exchange, I thought we could take it up a notch and divide the area in 4 different places. NE, SE, SW and NW. 

8fH4inb.png 

Dividing the GE into 4 different areas where different types of account builds could gain access, with different limitations. If this area ends up being too small for the amount of pkers, perhaps it could be switched to varrock square (this would overall be far more interesting imo, as more brids could show up with TB, getting tank tests to the banks and such. Or perhaps the tele could be to the varrock big bank, and you'd have a locked down varrock area that is completely accessible. Now let's cover the rules for each side to create different oppurtunities for different pkers.

NE: the low level pures (TSOTD pures, obsidian maulers, dark bow pures etc).
You must be under a combat level of 60 in order to access this area. 

Spoiler

Obsidian mauler example: With 99 strength, 70 hp, 52 prayer and everything else at 1 you'd be 56 combat. Youd get variety here by switching up stats like your prayer and hitpoints level.

In this area more lower level pures can try and find their unique account builds in order to try and top the other players in said area. The wilderness level would however be reduced to 5. That way a level 60 cannot attack a level 50. That way more of the same type of builds can fight each other, or you'll have to see more adjustments in order to match each other's combat level.

SE: "mid tier pures". Restrictions: Have to be under a combat level of 84. This area will also have a max of 5 combat level difference in terms of attacking. This tier will give more wiggle room for unique builds, but are still in a domain where pures can stand a top of all without having huge downside effects (f,e having to fight ranged tanks). 

Spoiler

A zerker at combat level 84 would have: 60 attack, 80 strength, 45 def, 80 hp (range/mage wont influence). As you can see they get a slight advantage in def while still being moderately weak in their offense in return.

SW: High end pures. Restrictions: Have to under a combat level of 96, with a maximum defense level of 45. At this point you're getting near max pure level, with moderate prayer, without having all the options unlocked. However, you can create a VERY wide variety of accounts based on that combat level. Wilderness level would also be reduced to 5. 

NW: All kinds of account builds. Restrictions: Must be under a combat level of 102. A 102 combat is the absolute max a pure can reach with 1 defense. Any account variantions, including tanks, could fight in this area, as long as they are below a combat level of 102. Wilderness level would also be reduced to 2.

Now that we have covered different kinds of areas for different kind of builds, let's go over a few more overall area restrictions. In order for this to work out properly and not giving some players ridiculous advantages over others, some chances need to be made. First off a limitation of pets:

- Any and all Holy pets that buff smiting effects. This one needs to be ATLEAST restricted in all areas except for NW, due to the fact that a lot of account builds here would be 52 prayer or below. Smiting is already an easy enough thing of pures - let's try to keep it a skill based thing here, rather than an overpowered weaponry/pet system.
- Death pets and all fusion variants will not be allowed in the north east and south east areas of the pure zones, in order to make the overall required risk of low level pures higher. (more about this when we get to the rewards).
- God spell boosting hawk's and/or variants. Atleast in the tiers below level 84 I believe this would be too brokenly overpowered.

Item restrictions:
- Divine & elysian spirit shield. Too broken for tanks.
- Elemental mace. Same reason as the smiting pets.
- Barrelchest waraxe/malevolant waraxe. All area's except for NW (maxed pures).
- Dragon upgrade scroll buffs will be turned off when in all areas except for NW (maxed pures).
- Blood slayer weaponry will be completely restricted, unless they get a god damn repair cost thats billions. Too broken what so ever.
- Wicked Blade in all area's except for the NW maxed pures.
- Swift/enchanted gloves, ridiculous advantage for tanks (it's just way too strong on spawnpk)
*NOTE: more may be added with your help, let me know what you believe would need to be restricted in certain area's for them being too overpowering in their class.

All with all I think this would be an amazing expierence overall. To truly spice things up and make this area booming, it would have to be rewarding. What I hope to bring with this are overall more fun and balanced fights between different builds, while also allowing players to increase their risk for stronger setups. This will be implemented into the new reward shop as well. Keep in mind the majority of these will still fall under "pure points" as a currency, which you gain from fighting in any of the zones. 

New items:

- Corrupt Obsidian.
This will be a slight rework on regular obsidian armor. This armor will boost your obsidian weaponry significantly just like the other sets would, however they will see a heavy nerf overall.
* the pieces now require a defense level of 40 to wear.
* defensive stats will be HEAVILY reduced from where they are now. About -70%
* it loses their smiting ability
Can be bought in the store at the following prices;
Helm: 45 points
Platebody: 55 points
Platelegs: 60 points.

- Spiked manacles/(E)
These will be the new BIS boots for pures, with a significant raise on stats from climbing boots, giving a +4 strength bonus.
These can be bought for 25 points. The spiked manacles (or) will be a new enchantment chest item in the Tier I catagory. They require 5 of these boots for a 20% rate. The item is tradable.
The spiked manacles (or) could be considered the best in slot boots OF ALL, so because of that I wanted to propose a special limitation. In order to use these boots you must be UNDER a defense level of 45. From 46 and higher you'll be restricted in wearing these boots. Leveling up your defense stat while wearing the boots will force them into your bank, or on the floor if your bank is full. 
These boots will give decent accuraccy stats as well as a whopping +8 strength bonus! Since they are tradable however, they are lost on death if they aren't your most valuable item. It'll also increase your max hit potential by +1 over the cap. (keeping in mind pures cant use ferocious gloves or blood serp/faceguard for other +1's!)

- The SoulBound Pendant/(or)
This will be a very special and unique kind of amulet. The stats overall will be that combined of a regular anguish, torture and occult necklace, HOWEVER with a -50% stat decrease.
Now this doesn't sound very good overall until we have a look at it's special ability. 
This pendant will actually buff it's own stats based on your defense level! At level 99 it'll have a 0% bonus meaning it won't do anything. At level 1 defense however, the total buff would be 1.5X that of the original amulets, making it by far the strongest amulet in the game (at 1 def). I'm not 100% sure on the maths inbetween but what I'm trying to go for here is that it slowly gets stronger as your defense goes down. At a zerker level the amulet should be at about 1.15x stronger than the regular amulets stats, and it maxes out at 1 def. Similiar to how dharok's gets stronger on lower hitpoints.
This item can be bought for a whopping 1.000 pure points (expensive due to the strength of the item). This item will have an ornament kit available in order to make it untradable as I figure a lot of people would rather risk some money than this ammy itself. In order to balance an untradable like this out in it's environment the repair cost of this item will be a whopping 5B, dropping 2.5B for the killer.
The ornament kit will be gained from Pure Crates (a new item).

- Pure Crates
Similiar to BH crates, it'll be the pure zones variant. Bought for 25 pure points, the box can be opened for a wide variety of items. From more basic items such as a treasure casket, up to all the new pure items. Of course, the more expensive/special an item is, the rarer it becomes. It can also give any of the items from the other pure zone shop, with a very rare chance of getting the untradable hood or book. In return, players will now be able to sell back those hoods/books to gain 75% of the points back as well as any items sacrificed to make it. Could also include some new cosmetic pure gears that are fashionscape as heckity. These crates also have a rare chance of giving 50, 100 or 250 pure points (scaling up in rarity).
These boxes will also include a few uniques such as the ornament kit for the soulbound pendant, perhaps more later on. 
*When the pure hotspot is active, ANYONE will have a random 1/25 chance of pking these boxes during the pure hotspot regardless of what their stats, gear or risk are. The drop rate on this can NOT be increased by any means (grand falcon, wyrm, boneguard, risk etc).*

Angelic Halo (tradable). *A bright white halo with a small particle effect*
This will be another unique pure item restricted to a max of 45 defense. The angelic halo will give not BIS stats, but good overall tribrid stats for the helmet slot. It can also increase your max hit by +1 over the cap. Cost: 500 pure points. Does not have an untradable variant so it's a high risk item. 

- Frosted d'hide armour set.
Consists of a body, chaps and vambraces. The body will require 40 defense to wear and all other items require atleast 85 ranged. Has increased ranged stats and magic defense, but doesn't give range damage. Would be a new mid tier range set overall - but extremely useful for pures (especially NHers). Chaps would be the main go to for pures.
Full set cost: 250 pure points. Tradable.

- Proselyte (g)
New turmoil pure armor, requiring 30 defense and 95 prayer to equip. Gives exceptional prayer bonus as well as good melee stats. Strength bonusses;
Helmet: +3
platebody: +5
platelegs: +3
While the full set is equipped you'll have a 5% chance to drain an extra 5 prayer points when you deal damage to your opponent. This will always be a flat 5 prayer damage, uninfluenced by any possible things.
Full set cost: 750 pure points.

- Gilded HandCannon
A new weapon, comparable to the already existing hand cannon, easter cannon and barrelchest hand cannon, but with slight variant in stats/effects.
The stats will be overall lower than your regular cannon, but this will be compensated for by how the cannon is used.
* The regular shots of the cannon are faster in speed by 2 ticks.
* It shoots only Gilded Shots from the pure shop
* The max hit of a regular hit is only 35.
The uniqueness for this weapon will come in the form of it's special attack. This special attack will cost 50%. When used, the player will ready itself (delaying it's attack by a few ticks), to then shoot 2 shots, with about 3 ticks between the shots. A player can then chose to switch weaponry after this first shot is fired, to interrupt the special attack and combine the first hit with another weapon such as an AGS spec. 
The maximum hit of the gilded cannon when using it's special is 45-45, this cap cannot be highered by anything.
Cost: 1.000 pure points. Cannon shots cost 1 points each, and can be saved on firing with an accumulator (t) or assembler.

- Shade Crystal (attachable)
These can be used on the Elder Chaos Robes to create Elder Shade Robes instead. This will be the new BIS mage gear for 1 defense accounts, giving exceptional magic bonusses. Cannot be equipped above a defense level of 30. In turn the crystals can also be used on the Daggon 'hai robes in order to create new BIS mage gear for zerkers+. This will be restricted to 70 defense in order to not intervere with items such as ancestral and sorcerer's robes. Personally I'd love it if anyone could use it, but if that's the case there have to be restrictions with how good the armor is, which is hard to do dealing with how powerful some items already are. If anyone has a good balanced out suggestion for this problem, let me know.
Price: 250 pure points (per crystal).

Other adjustments to the purezone;
- The base amount of pure points per kill will remain 1.
- When the hotspot is active on the purezone, all points gained will be doubled.
- Upon killing someone there is a 5% chance that you'll get +2 points instead (4 during hotspot).
- You can now gain killstreaks in the Pure Zone. This will be a seperate killstreak below your current killstreak in the quest tab. 
When on a 10+ killstreak you'll gain 2 points per kill. 
25+ killstreak you'll gain 3 points per kill.
50+ killstreak you'll gain 3 points per kill, by the 5% chance for gaining +2 points goes up to 25%.
100+ killstreak you'll gain 5 points per kill with previously mentioned effect.
- While pking at the purezone, there is a 1/5000 chance that a player kill will result in a brand new "pure pet" drop. It'll look like a very typical pure (d'hide chaps, shade robe top, pointy hat etc), mini-me size. 
Unique ability:
* Gives 2.5% more damage and accuraccy in all combat styles.
* This effect will get added on by 0.1% for every level closer to 1 defense. (max +9.8% for a total of 12.3% damage and accuraccy as a 1 def pure)P8k0RTv.png

Fun bonus addition: When the purehotspot is active, it could only double the points of a certain area, changing every 15 minutes. So it'll say: Pure Hotspot (SE) meaning SE would get all the benefits of the hotspot. Then it cycles the areas every 15 minutes, increasing far more activity as well on different types of builds.

New possible achievements:
*Gain 50 kills at level 30 defense.
*150 kills at level 45 defense or below.
* Get 250 pure kills in the new pure zone.
Listen guys I know everyone HATES reclaiming their comp capes once they have them. But at the same time I'd just LOVE to see some expansions on the achievement charts in order to keep me more often motivated to go for the grindier parts of the game and to try out new things. I'm sure a lot of long time comp capers would love to see some new variety in here as well, as it's not like we're getting new achievements that often anyway.

All with all I believe that even though this would take a decent portion of time to be implemented, it'd also feed us with literal hundreds of hours of new kinds of entertainment. Not only that, but it has tons of options for future additions as well. I really poured a lot of time in to this and I'd love it if you could leave your opinion on it down below. Thanks for reading,

- Metal Raimon.

• Like 5

Yo this is actually a legendary suggestion, it would be AMAZING if you can divide the grand exchange into different combat / pure brackets, adding a bunch of variety to SpawnPK not to mention some cool setups you can pull off, major +1

• Like 2

Shit suggestion. We already have zones where we can use different builds will just make the other areas dead af

+1. Pure zone has been really fun last winter event. I'd love to see an overhaul and make this zone more attractive! With the winter event ending I don't see any incentive to go back there for a long while. The Pure shops can definitely use an upgrade. The stuff @metal justin suggested sound great to me!

The suggestion of the pure pet sounds dope! big +1 there!

As for the achievement, I personally will +1. It'll add new content, however I get that not everyone will agree.

All in all a big +1 from me. Good work bro =D

• Like 1

Lot of work for something that will most likely be dead faster than LMS. Would rather have more dev time in QoL and overall longer lasting content. -1

24 minutes ago, Hooke V2 said:

Lot of work for something that will most likely be dead faster than LMS. Would rather have more dev time in QoL and overall longer lasting content. -1

What makes you think this becomes dead content quickly? And what ways do you think that can be improved upon?
The entire suggestion would make pure pking highly more profitable overall, not too mention the amount of different builds and setups players can use for different types of fun. It'd add tons and tons of content in terms of how much variaty it can have.
Especially hotspots would become incredibly profitable as well, not just for the new pure items, but even things like the $5 bonds you can buy.

If overall money making attractiveness doesn't sound appealing enough perhaps some more general items could be added to the pure crates in order to give them value outside of the pure items as well. But keep in mind that you would be able to make tons upon tons already by simply having the hotspot active and hunting points, crates AND hotspot caskets at the same time.

30 minutes ago, Lemon ice said:

Shit suggestion. We already have zones where we can use different builds will just make the other areas dead af

examples?

29 minutes ago, uly said:

+1. Pure zone has been really fun last winter event. I'd love to see an overhaul and make this zone more attractive! With the winter event ending I don't see any incentive to go back there for a long while. The Pure shops can definitely use an upgrade. The stuff @metal justin suggested sound great to me!

The suggestion of the pure pet sounds dope! big +1 there!

As for the achievement, I personally will +1. It'll add new content, however I get that not everyone will agree.

All in all a big +1 from me. Good work bro =D

Thanks for the support my man :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Yo this is actually a legendary suggestion, it would be AMAZING if you can divide the grand exchange into different combat / pure brackets, adding a bunch of variety to SpawnPK not to mention some cool setups you can pull off, major +1

Thank you very much man. What you think about some of the rewards?

First of all, nice pun on "Overhaul" in regards to remaking this and his quirk :P 

Second, I don't care for pures or any rewards but it's content and it'll make people happy so i'll +1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metal justin said:

Well since the main pking spot for pures is this PvP area around the grand exchange, I thought we could take it up a notch and divide the area in 4 different places. NE, SE, SW and NW

One of the more annoying aspects of pure zone is everyone fighting in the same place and the limited space/visibility (the GE walls are annoying).  I would suggest moving the pure zone to somewhere that players can more effectively spread out in or at the very least removing the trees in GE area.  If everything stays the same and the area is split into quadrants the two north quadrants are filled with trees that seriously limit the area players can spread out in.  

Dividing the GE into 4 different areas where different types of account builds could gain access, with different limitations.

+1 big fan, pure diversity is virtually nonexistent in the current form.

- Any and all Holy pets that buff smiting effects. This one needs to be ATLEAST restricted in all areas except for NW, due to the fact that a lot of account builds here would be 52 prayer or below. Smiting is already an easy enough thing of pures - let's try to keep it a skill based thing here, rather than an overpowered weaponry/pet system.
- Death pets and all fusion variants will not be allowed in the north east and south east areas of the pure zones, in order to make the overall required risk of low level pures higher. (more about this when we get to the rewards).

+1 holy pets need restriction, honestly I don't even like them in pure zone at all but I think that players are able to play around the smite effect at 99 prayer and it's totally reasonable to leave them in the "restriction free zone"
+1 pet restrictions for lower level zones, as it stands the pets already make an insane difference and the problems would only be exacerbated in the low level zones.  I would also suggest limiting the pets in the NE and SE zones to the "basic pets" (Blood Berserker, Blood Phoenix, Blood lord/Wolper), there are non-fusion pet effects that would still be big problems (i.e. the flat stat bonuses from Reaper).

Item restrictions:
- Divine & elysian spirit shield. Too broken for tanks.
- Elemental mace. Same reason as the smiting pets.
- Barrelchest waraxe/malevolant waraxe. All area's except for NW (maxed pures).
- Dragon upgrade scroll buffs will be turned off when in all areas except for NW (maxed pures).
- Blood slayer weaponry will be completely restricted, unless they get a god damn repair cost thats billions. Too broken what so ever.
- Wicked Blade in all area's except for the NW maxed pures.
- Swift/enchanted gloves, ridiculous advantage for tanks (it's just way too strong on spawnpk)

+1, other restrictions or changes that need to happen (imo):

• Dragon Throwing Axes need to have their specs limited to 3 or 4 consecutive special attacks within "x" time frame.  This change would not affect anyone without a vigour effect and still allows for all of the classic OSRS combos, it just limits 7x spec abuse with vigour effect.  These axes are already a problem without range tanks existing. Most people active at pure zones during event have seen me dbow whacking into 7x axe spec, this is almost impossible to eat out of if the hits come through (and they do most of the time).  Void and higher range strength gear will seriously exacerbate this problem, I would already expect range tank to be the "meta" choice with how overpowered range is against low defence.
  • Remove vigour effect from items in pure zone excluding vigour and vigour (i) (or just restrict these items: Elder Blood Ring, Mythic Cape).  The combos that vigour effect allows for in pure zone make fights more frustrating for players without the effect (dragon knife spam, dds spam, dragon throwing axe spam).  Leaving vigour and vigour (i) either forces players to potentially risk a vigour and in the case of vigour (i), the ring would actually have a reason to be used over Elderblood Ring again.  
  • Remove all superior boss weapons from pure zone entirely, Wicked Blade at the very least because it is the biggest offender  with its high (highest for pure zone I believe) and consistent dps.
  • Cap the max normal hit of Rune Knives (27) and Dragon Knives (29).  Range tanks are going to be very scary mixed in with pures, rigour voiders will be capable of 31 rune knife hits and 33 dragon knife hits and the dps against 1 defence will be too high.  With a cap, anyone that still wants to pk as a 1 defence pure will at least have a slightly better experience fighting range tanks because their knife max hits would be on a similar level to the rigour voiders and rigour tanks. 
  • Reduce the accuracy of Rune Knives and Dragon Knives against 1 defence pures, range mainhand dps already outclasses melee mainhand dps (excluding Wicked Blade) and range tanks will be abusive against the 1 defence pures as they can consistently hit with knives while pures will struggle to hit against rigour tanks or rigour voiders.

If it looks like I hate rigour tanks/rigour voiders, I'm mostly just concerned with their strength relative to 1 defence pures.  I enjoy the pking style and think that it fills a fun niche, but it's frankly unfair against 1 defence pures and range is particularly strong on SPK.  

Edited by Polluted
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, metal justin said:

What makes you think this becomes dead content quickly? And what ways do you think that can be improved upon?
The entire suggestion would make pure pking highly more profitable overall, not too mention the amount of different builds and setups players can use for different types of fun. It'd add tons and tons of content in terms of how much variaty it can have.
Especially hotspots would become incredibly profitable as well, not just for the new pure items, but even things like the $5 bonds you can buy.

If overall money making attractiveness doesn't sound appealing enough perhaps some more general items could be added to the pure crates in order to give them value outside of the pure items as well. But keep in mind that you would be able to make tons upon tons already by simply having the hotspot active and hunting points, crates AND hotspot caskets at the same time.

So now we can skip hotspots and make 0 risk pking really good money. Will ruin eco even more I'd say 

9 hours ago, Hooke V2 said:

So now we can skip hotspots and make 0 risk pking really good money. Will ruin eco even more I'd say 

If you have absolutely no constructive critisism on a post why are you even posting? You are just rambling random things hoping you have a point somewhere, which unfortunately, you don't. You aren't contributing to this post what so ever with your comments so just stop posting man.

6 hours ago, metal justin said:

If you have absolutely no constructive critisism on a post why are you even posting? You are just rambling random things hoping you have a point somewhere, which unfortunately, you don't. You aren't contributing to this post what so ever with your comments so just stop posting man.

Lmao I'm just sharing how I feel about your suggestion, but I guess you just wanna push your agenda instead of have people disagree with you . 

On 1/25/2020 at 12:03 PM, metal justin said:

- Corrupt Obsidian.
This will be a slight rework on regular obsidian armor. This armor will boost your obsidian weaponry significantly just like the other sets would, however they will see a heavy nerf overall.
* the pieces now require a defense level of 40 to wear.
* defensive stats will be HEAVILY reduced from where they are now. About -70%
* it loses their smiting ability
Can be bought in the store at the following prices;
Helm: 45 points
Platebody: 55 points
Platelegs: 60 points.

+1 I like the idea to promote obby pures, Notes:

• I think it should have 45 defence requirement, this doesn't change the zones it's usable in, but it does force players to take the 5 extra defence levels 
  • The platebody and helmet should give more negative range attack bonus than cursed obby, -10 to -15 for helm and -25 to -30 for the platebody, so players are incentivized to pull off switches if they want to use range (which stats wise is at full strength)
  • Alternatively give all non obsidian weapons (including range) 10% less damage (and accuracy?) while wearing a piece of the set, forces players into melee or a 4 way switch which is arguably easier to deal with than knives or msb into obby maul
  • My cost choices would be 65 for helm, 75 for plate + legs

- Spiked manacles/(E)
These will be the new BIS boots for pures, with a significant raise on stats from climbing boots, giving a +4 strength bonus.
These can be bought for 25 points. The spiked manacles (or) will be a new enchantment chest item in the Tier I catagory. They require 5 of these boots for a 20% rate. The item is tradable.
The spiked manacles (or) could be considered the best in slot boots OF ALL, so because of that I wanted to propose a special limitation. In order to use these boots you must be UNDER a defense level of 45. From 46 and higher you'll be restricted in wearing these boots. Leveling up your defense stat while wearing the boots will force them into your bank, or on the floor if your bank is full. 
These boots will give decent accuraccy stats as well as a whopping +8 strength bonus! Since they are tradable however, they are lost on death if they aren't your most valuable item. It'll also increase your max hit potential by +1 over the cap. (keeping in mind pures cant use ferocious gloves or blood serp/faceguard for other +1's!)

+1 I can't believe we still don't have manacles, these would be awesome and I like the item dump with the (or) from the chest

• I would like to see the manacles always drop on death if you would protect another item (i.e. spec weapon), not a protection value of 0 but a protection value below the value of the majority of special weapons

- The SoulBound Pendant/(or)
This will be a very special and unique kind of amulet. The stats overall will be that combined of a regular anguish, torture and occult necklace, HOWEVER with a -50% stat decrease.
Now this doesn't sound very good overall until we have a look at it's special ability. 
This pendant will actually buff it's own stats based on your defense level! At level 99 it'll have a 0% bonus meaning it won't do anything. At level 1 defense however, the total buff would be 1.5X that of the original amulets, making it by far the strongest amulet in the game (at 1 def). I'm not 100% sure on the maths inbetween but what I'm trying to go for here is that it slowly gets stronger as your defense goes down. At a zerker level the amulet should be at about 1.15x stronger than the regular amulets stats, and it maxes out at 1 def. Similiar to how dharok's gets stronger on lower hitpoints.
This item can be bought for a whopping 1.000 pure points (expensive due to the strength of the item). This item will have an ornament kit available in order to make it untradable as I figure a lot of people would rather risk some money than this ammy itself. In order to balance an untradable like this out in it's environment the repair cost of this item will be a whopping 5B, dropping 2.5B for the killer.
The ornament kit will be gained from Pure Crates (a new item).

Very interesting item, would give the pure crates a real appeal.  Would personally like to see 1x stats at 45 defence because having the combination effect is already fantastic and it would further incentivize 1 defence pures.  I do not like the name, but I don't have any suggestions so this isn't constructive

- Pure Crates
Similiar to BH crates, it'll be the pure zones variant. Bought for 25 pure points, the box can be opened for a wide variety of items. From more basic items such as a treasure casket, up to all the new pure items. Of course, the more expensive/special an item is, the rarer it becomes. It can also give any of the items from the other pure zone shop, with a very rare chance of getting the untradable hood or book. In return, players will now be able to sell back those hoods/books to gain 75% of the points back as well as any items sacrificed to make it. Could also include some new cosmetic pure gears that are fashionscape as heckity. These crates also have a rare chance of giving 50, 100 or 250 pure points (scaling up in rarity).
These boxes will also include a few uniques such as the ornament kit for the soulbound pendant, perhaps more later on. 
*When the pure hotspot is active, ANYONE will have a random 1/25 chance of pking these boxes during the pure hotspot regardless of what their stats, gear or risk are. The drop rate on this can NOT be increased by any means (grand falcon, wyrm, boneguard, risk etc).*

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 I love the crates, it gives players a reason to go to pure zone other than the shards from event kills

• Point value seems good to me, I would go to 1/30 for the pure crate because that still gives players a reasonable rate while making them slightly more rare.  Big fan of the crates not being affected by any rate boosting items
  • Would love to see the treasure casket reward from pure daily changed to 1 pure crate instead
  • Change the resell value of the hoods and books to 50%
  • Rate for the soulbound orn kit somewhere around 1/200 or higher

Angelic Halo (tradable). *A bright white halo with a small particle effect*
This will be another unique pure item restricted to a max of 45 defense. The angelic halo will give not BIS stats, but good overall tribrid stats for the helmet slot. It can also increase your max hit by +1 over the cap. Cost: 500 pure points. Does not have an untradable variant so it's a high risk item.

Could be interesting to see, would personally be more interested in an item that gives zero accuracy or defence stats but gives +str bonus +range strength +%magic damage.  Could also see Tevin being all over something like that for rushing or pure nhing

- Proselyte (g)
New turmoil pure armor, requiring 30 defense and 95 prayer to equip. Gives exceptional prayer bonus as well as good melee stats. Strength bonusses;
Helmet: +3
platebody: +5
platelegs: +3
While the full set is equipped you'll have a 5% chance to drain an extra 5 prayer points when you deal damage to your opponent. This will always be a flat 5 prayer damage, uninfluenced by any possible things.
Full set cost: 750 pure points.

+1, like it being sold only as a full set but would go for a lower pure point cost (200-400) as points would be very valuable with a fully revamped shop

- Gilded HandCannon
A new weapon, comparable to the already existing hand cannon, easter cannon and barrelchest hand cannon, but with slight variant in stats/effects.
The stats will be overall lower than your regular cannon, but this will be compensated for by how the cannon is used.
* The regular shots of the cannon are faster in speed by 2 ticks.
* It shoots only Gilded Shots from the pure shop
* The max hit of a regular hit is only 35.
The uniqueness for this weapon will come in the form of it's special attack. This special attack will cost 50%. When used, the player will ready itself (delaying it's attack by a few ticks), to then shoot 2 shots, with about 3 ticks between the shots. A player can then chose to switch weaponry after this first shot is fired, to interrupt the special attack and combine the first hit with another weapon such as an AGS spec. 
The maximum hit of the gilded cannon when using it's special is 45-45, this cap cannot be highered by anything.
Cost: 1.000 pure points. Cannon shots cost 1 points each, and can be saved on firing with an accumulator (t) or assembler.

+1

• Instead of a new item add a clamp or upgrade kit that you add to a barrelchest cannon, there is no malevolent cannon to my knowledge and that would add some value to regular cannons
  • 4 tick attack speed sounds good to me as it's slower than an msb but faster than a crossbow and its damage falls into that category
  • 3 ticks is too long between the special attack hits, 2 ticks would be the maximum but I think that 1 tick is reasonable considering the max of the handcannon spec is lower than a blood dark bow's spec
    • If there is a 1 tick delay between the special attack hits, the player should not be able to attack for 4 ticks following the 2nd shot (so special attack is a 6tick cooldown)
  • I don't see any problem capping the damage at 45-45, but I would like to see an item (I'll talk about it after this one) that lets it go to 46-46
  • Reduce the cost of cannon shots, 1 point should be 5-10 shots so the cannon is more accessible to players saving their points for other items

- Ranger Boots (t) / (g)
A similar item to the spiked manacles these boots provide range accuracy and range strength with a defence level restriction of 45 or lower, however both types of these boots are ALWAYS lost on death.  Ranger boots (t) would be the normal versions acquired from the pure shop or crates at the same price/rate as the spiked manacles.  Unlike the spiked manacles these boots have to contend with the Kharazi Boots that give +6 range accuracy and +3 range strength (at a 25 defence requirement).
Ranger Boots (t) stats: -10 magic accuracy +15 range accuracy, +6 range strength bonus (trying to raise the hit cap on range weapons by 1 with these, that effect might just be easier to work with than the overall range strength bonus), and the same defensive stats as regular ranger boots
Ranger Boots (g) would be acquired through the magic chest, with 5 ranger boots (t) enchanting at a 20% rate (same rate at the spiked manacles)
Ranger Boots (g) stats: -15 magic accuracy +25 range accuracy, +12 range strength bonus (raising the cap on range weapons by 2, some things would have to be excluded such as the blood dark bow), and the same defensive stats as regular ranger boots

I think these stats might be a little too much, honestly I'm almost certain they are.  I really wanted to point out that there was another custom item (and magic chest item) that could be added to purezone.  

- Shade Crystal (attachable)
These can be used on the Elder Chaos Robes to create Elder Shade Robes instead. This will be the new BIS mage gear for 1 defense accounts, giving exceptional magic bonusses. Cannot be equipped above a defense level of 30. In turn the crystals can also be used on the Daggon 'hai robes in order to create new BIS mage gear for zerkers+. This will be restricted to 70 defense in order to not intervere with items such as ancestral and sorcerer's robes. Personally I'd love it if anyone could use it, but if that's the case there have to be restrictions with how good the armor is, which is hard to do dealing with how powerful some items already are. If anyone has a good balanced out suggestion for this problem, let me know.
Price: 250 pure points (per crystal).

Interesting idea, no real concrete thoughts on this item so notes for the Daggon 'hai upgrade:

• I'm going to call the upgraded Daggon 'hai robes Mahjarrat Robes, that's Zamorak's race and Daggon 'hai are zammy followers (and I can't come up with any names)
  • Restrict the Mahjarrat Robes  to 65 defence would remove them from contention with normal tribrid gear, this is one potential solution
    • With this restriction in mind, give the robes high magic damage, 4% on each piece, but negative melee and range accuracy stats (-15 to each for top and legs, -8 to each for hood)
  • Give Mahjarrat's Robes a similar effect to the Soulbound Pendant where they give full defensive stats at 45 defence and scale down to 50% defence stats at 70 def, 10% or 0% at 95+ def

Notes for the Elder Shade Robes

• Stats have to be better than Mystic (Magic accuracy and defence stats for Mystic are: Hat +4, Top +20, Bottoms +15)
    • Elder Shade Robes would give: 1.5% or 2% magic damage per piece
      • Hood +10 magic attack -8 melee attack bonuses -8 range attack, +8 magic defence
      • Top +30 magic attack -15 melee attack bonuses -15 range attack, +25 magic defence
      • Bottoms +22 magic attack -15 melee attack bonuses -15 range attack, +25 magic defence

Other adjustments to the purezone;
- The base amount of pure points per kill will remain 1.
- When the hotspot is active on the purezone, all points gained will be doubled.
- Upon killing someone there is a 5% chance that you'll get +2 points instead (4 during hotspot).
- You can now gain killstreaks in the Pure Zone. This will be a seperate killstreak below your current killstreak in the quest tab. 
When on a 10+ killstreak you'll gain 2 points per kill. 
25+ killstreak you'll gain 3 points per kill.
50+ killstreak you'll gain 3 points per kill, by the 5% chance for gaining +2 points goes up to 25%.
100+ killstreak you'll gain 5 points per kill with previously mentioned effect.
- While pking at the purezone, there is a 1/5000 chance that a player kill will result in a brand new "pure pet" drop. It'll look like a very typical pure (d'hide chaps, shade robe top, pointy hat etc), mini-me size. 

+1, Notes:

• I like everything here, excluding the pet
  • 1/5k drop for the pet is a great idea, my preferred visual would be something oldschool like monk robes, whip, unholy book, strength ammy, leather boots, fire cape, and a blue party hat
    • I don't like these effects, that's way too much accuracy and damage
    • I don't know what I would want to see as pet effects, I just know that I really like the idea of a pet existing
  • Killstreaks should give more points, they're very hard to maintain at pure zone because you can get stacked out
    • 10 KS +2 points
    • 25 KS +4 points
    • 50 KS something idk +5 points feels bad I like the idea of having some alternative effect
    • 100 KS +6 points

Kinda forgot that I was going to make a post on the items too so here we are a few days later.  Big oof

Edited by Polluted
big oof
  • Like 1

+1 for this topic. Lets get this going. I probably have 4-500 pure kills and would like to see it grow. As well as see new items/zones presented for different builds