Sign in to follow this  
metal justin

LMS reward shop changes (& point reward system)

Basically I've made a video recently covering everything that I thought could be changed/added to make LMS a more interesting piece of content (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOUp76e-WFM)

But I wanted to make a suggestion post for the things that stood out the most as important which were the rewards, in order to gain a bit more traction around it.

So let's dive into it shall we. First off the lms games itself.

-          Have multiple games running at once. Up to 3 at a time.

·         The first game requires atleast 5 players to start.

·         A 2nd game requires 10 players to start.

·         A 3rd game requires 20 players to start.

-          Adding a yell message for the LMS game that is going to start when it has 1 minute left. That way everyone is notified.

This would overall give more of a flow to lms games, letting people run it more consistently. If you're able to fill a lobby with let's say 20 players, those that die early will have to wait for a new game to start, and the majority simply doesn't. They move on to other pieces of content and let LMS be what it is because waiting 15+ minutes for the next game to start is just far, far too long. 

1.       The point system

The points system is overall disappointing as it currently is. It doesn’t feel rewarding at all, and with the extreme long waiting times it has at the moment, losing in the first round is a huge waste of time.

Here is what I’d suggest instead:

·         You always get 1 participation point for being in the game

·         You’ll get additional points for where you end up by the time you die (this is how it currently works. Being first out of 10 players gives you 10 points) This would now be 11 points for being in a game.

·         Get an additional point for each kill you got as well as more winter shards (after the event a small amount of blood money, cash or some other reward should be implemented as well!)

·         Get an additional 1, 3 and 5 bonus points for being 3rd, 2nd or 1st place respectively.

2.        The rewards shop

·         First off; 2 new items to the shop. Void gloves and the deflector as an (or) version. IK6nypm.png

These new items will count as having 4+ void items in order to make set effects upgrade. This mean you having 3 or pieces while using for example normal gloves, will give “regular void” effects but with slightly increased stats, and having 4 pieces of (or) void, will give you the “void ornament effects”
These new effects would be something like this:

-          Magic: The full void magic set will increase your casting accuracy by 25%, while giving a +5 max hit potential while on the ancient magic spellbook. Keep in mind your non robe ornament pieces are a big risk when you skull up. The ancient spellbook requirement is a necessity for the max hit to work, in order to prevent spells like fire surge and flames of zamorak to not hit literal 99s.

-          Void melee: I feel like a lot of people can relate when I say that void used to be iconic in the RSPS scene as one of the top notch strength gears in the gear. Famous for having low as hell defense, while being able to achieve the highest max hits of all. That’s kind of what I’d love to see comeback with this void set. I believe void or can be nerfed a bit more in terms of defense, as I believe it still holds ridiculously high defensive stats for ROBES. They are ROBES okay god damn not metal plated armor.

For the melee effect I’d love to see a 15% accuracy increase and increasing your max hit by +4. To put this in perspective, with void you are unable to use a neitiznot faceguard, blood serp or ferocious gloves. In a different setup you can increase your max hit by +2 by having 2 of those items on. Now with melee void, you’ll be able to increase that ever so slightly more. The deflector comes in here, to increase it to +5 with 1 handed weapons as you’d be able to use for example a dds+fero gloves+void deflector (or) to get the desired buff. Although this may sound strong at first, keep in mind a player would be risking very expensive items to achieve this while being as squishy and killable as can-be.

-          Void range

With void range things can easily become a bit tricky. Keeping in mind that for any 2 handed bow you’ll need to wear void gloves (or), but for 1 handed weapons you can choose to use swift gloves with a deflector (or) instead. So if the set effect is too strong it could become overwhelming with swift gloves at the same time.

To prevent this I’d like to suggest a double effect. A small accuracy increase just like the other sets, and on top of that the full void set can *replace* the swift gloves effect. When having full void range (or) equipped you have a chance to fire a 2nd arrow or bolt when you shoot your weapon, dealing a guaranteed half damage of the hit. Swift gloves as they are now, however, can sometimes even hit things like 40-40. This can’t do that. If you hit a 40 first arrow, the 2nd will always be a 20. Likewise if you hit a 10, it’ll only be a 5.

If however you’re using a deflector with swift gloves and full void range ornament, it’ll simply increase odds of a swift glove effect to go off by 10%.

·         Alternative suggestion: We could also use more bolts in the blood money shop that work and are dragon bolt related. Diamond bolts for armor piercing, rubys for pvming etc. In return, the void armor could buff certain bolt effects.

Side note: I believe some range weapons need to be looked at before this is implemented. Blood slayer bow still hits 80s in the right gear and that’s just bullshit as far as I’m concerned. Overall void range set should be offensively STRONGER than any other range setup that’s possible; but you have to sacrifice a huge amount of defense in order to reach that.

-          The sorcerer’s robes

I believe that for how much points these robs require that they are very underwhelming. They give only a slight accuracy buff over ancestral while having the same mage damage %? Why not just chose ancestral then especially when it’s like a 100th of the price?

Some potential buff ideas are:

·         Increasing the stats per piece to be more rewarding overall

·         Giving the full set an effect that helps in some way shape or form

·         Perhaps make it buff certain spells based on the color of the robes, or in combination with enchanted imbue capes to make that more special or something?

In the end it should be better than it currently is, or just be heavily reduced in price, because even with this newly suggested point system, 3000 for the full set is NOT worth it at the moment what so ever.

-          Ancient ward

Needs to be buffed. Super underwhelming for its supposedly “range and mage in one” shield.

-          Buff the ranged strength to +5

-          Make the magic damage 5% rather than the current 1.8. not only is a 0.3% difference unnoticeable (wyvern shield), a 1.8% overall is still pretty trash. At 1500 points this is just a ridiculous dead content item. We’re still lacking of a strong magic shield anyway, besides the tomes (i) that work for a specific few spells.

All with all a few more rewards being added would be nice to see as well. A cosmetic untradable armor set to flex if doing a lot of LMS (like the Castle Wars armors in runescape), perhaps some high tier items like promo package III for a high amount of points and other fun and/or rewarding things that could probably be thought up.

Edited by metal justin
  • Like 1

+1 -- would like to see all types of players dive into LMS instead of the same five top nhers. 

• Like 1

Good post, solid idea's, also good suggestions as for the practical details.

Not having to wait 15min will help a lot as will a '1min till it starts' announcement. I feel another reason many people don't enjoy LMS as much as for example tourneys is they just end up planking against the same 'good nh/bridders' and just end up doing something else as opposed to learning it through LMS games and enjoying them not as a competition to prove your 'the best nher' but just cause it's fun content. To this regards adding more gamemode's like DH and several others have been suggested over and over again on ::discord suggestions so don't want to get into that discussion again but still wanted to mention in :) 

Improvements in the point system would also be nice to have some more distribution of the points motivating ppl to join even if they know they won't make the top 3.

As for the improvement of the items, there are several solid idea's in there but for all intends and purposes, please don't add even more OP sets that make it harder for new ppl on the server to enjoy wild. So indeed first revise the current autokeep weps as they have the potential to hit a shitton with 0 risk, revise the smite weps so people don't get k0 smited lol and I'dd love to see a more diverse effort for new items added to the game as opposed to just introducing ever stronger weapons and armor. Idk, play around with the skill level required to pull off a certain combo, make these items have weak spots for their strenght (idk, improved range attack str but severely bad defence r some shit) and Im gonna get flamed for this but maybe also add auto-redskull to the most OP pk weps?

Anyways, some of my frustrations might have seeped into the feedback but hope there is still some useful stuff in there and fr your suggestion on it's own is already very strong imo.

+1

• Like 1

Also big +1 for taking the time to format the suggestions, it helps ton's with reading it and finding relevant parts when looking through it again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racc2 said:

Good post, solid idea's, also good suggestions as for the practical details.

Not having to wait 15min will help a lot as will a '1min till it starts' announcement. I feel another reason many people don't enjoy LMS as much as for example tourneys is they just end up planking against the same 'good nh/bridders' and just end up doing something else as opposed to learning it through LMS games and enjoying them not as a competition to prove your 'the best nher' but just cause it's fun content. To this regards adding more gamemode's like DH and several others have been suggested over and over again on ::discord suggestions so don't want to get into that discussion again but still wanted to mention in :) 

Improvements in the point system would also be nice to have some more distribution of the points motivating ppl to join even if they know they won't make the top 3.

As for the improvement of the items, there are several solid idea's in there but for all intends and purposes, please don't add even more OP sets that make it harder for new ppl on the server to enjoy wild. So indeed first revise the current autokeep weps as they have the potential to hit a shitton with 0 risk, revise the smite weps so people don't get k0 smited lol and I'dd love to see a more diverse effort for new items added to the game as opposed to just introducing ever stronger weapons and armor. Idk, play around with the skill level required to pull off a certain combo, make these items have weak spots for their strenght (idk, improved range attack str but severely bad defence r some shit) and Im gonna get flamed for this but maybe also add auto-redskull to the most OP pk weps?

Anyways, some of my frustrations might have seeped into the feedback but hope there is still some useful stuff in there and fr your suggestion on it's own is already very strong imo.

+1

Thanks for your reply. In terms of item rewards as you're saying i'd fully agree. I'd prefer it was unnecessary as well. unfortunately nowadays its hard to implement things without making it stronger. I do want to clarify that in this scenario it was planned out be because it's void. IMO void needs to stay a glass cannon; some of the strongest offense you can find, but also some of the worst in terms of defense.

Other than that i'd prefer something like the new robes to have a special effect not perse related to your hits in terms of damage, but you'd have to come up with something very niche or unique. 

Shield is just... too weak. Not much you can adjust there.

As for the other game modes I didn't include it in this post however I did mention it in my video. It was as follows:

1.       Extra gamemode

·         I’d really love to see the original LMS be either an option as an additional game mode or to be replaced with what we have at the moment. I feel like there is an amount of players that enjoys the current NH tourney style LMS, so because of that I feel like having a separate game mode would be more suiting towards a multitude of players. The main reason I’d like to implement this is due to the skill gap. I understand that there are a lot of very skilled NHers on spawnpk, but that isn’t for everyone. Some players would like to become better at this skill as well without getting outright destroyed by players that by far out skill them. Having a hunger games type of mode would intertwine rng with the skill gap.

You’d basically have a game start, and it takes 2 minutes before PvP is activated. In those 2 minutes everyone can open a multitude of chests/wardrobes etc. for small amounts of equipment, food and potions.  By the time PvP becomes active you’d see a wide variety in the items that players have. One might be having a 3rd age mage top with black d’hide chaps and a msb, while someone else is rocking full rune with a dscimi. Only from PvP kills can you start seeing bigger gear upgrades. Some of these items would be the current pvp items, ags, claws and other items like that. From the “first 2 minutes” you get more basic items before you get the good gear upgrades.

The game at the start provides each player with 1 brew, 1 restore and 3 sharks, as well as a rune pouch. Maybe 5 keys that will open for a random item + 4 random food pieces (between monkfish and rocktail at random), a potion (combat/ranging/restore/brew/sanfew), and 2 or 3 random gear pieces.

Overall I believe this sort of game mode would be far more fun for players that do not quite play as competitively as some others do, or for those that just want to have fun without getting all sweaty over a NH fight. I’m not saying good players wouldn’t play this, but the overall strategies and gameplay mechanics of this mode would play out quite differently from what we have at the moment.  When LMS was first announced for SPK me and many others had hopes of it being the “original LMS” and not the new version. But now that this is the version that we have, I would highly +1 just adding a 2nd game option for this instead to please a wider audience.

- all with all I believe spawnpk has so much potential for an amazingly fun custom LMS game due to the item options we have on here, that it's just a missed opportunity.

• Like 1

+1, would love to see more variety in the type of players in LMS.

I could write another essay but I think @Racc2 has covered it perfectly.

• Like 1