Sign in to follow this  
Atlantis

What you should hear.

Well, I'm gonna start things off on a positive note before i dive into exactly what I want to ultimately suggest. I've been playing Runescape since 04' and RSPSs since about 2010 actively alternating between the two, and this server by far is in the top 3. The only reason why it isn't first are going to be the exact reasons why I'm even bringing any of this up. I've played SPK for almost a year now, and since I've played a ton has changed, and a ton has stayed the same. I not only have enjoyed the highs, but endeared the lows. This game can be an emotional  rollercoaster to the crazy RNG to sporadic loot tables, but always seems to come out to the top with eye catching content to community involvement, and that I truly think is the biggest selling point of this particular RSPS. 

Now to the good stuff.........

To the owner/staff/community

Your staff is nonexistent. End of story. You have a private server with a dedicated player base with many different time zones. I live in the USA, however, I've played for almost 24 hours a couple of times just to watch whos active and who actually truly cares for the community and what happens. Now as a business owner for any 24 hour business, "YOU ALWAYS NEED MANAGEMENT EVERY SHIFT", it is extremely unprofessional and almost disrespectful that the player base is required to follow the rules, yet the only thing to enforce them are ::rules. I give one shout out to a hard working, caring and active staff member and if i was the owner or his superior I would have noticed his hard work, and would have rewarded him 10 fold for his care and dedication to something I helped. That award goes to "Goobymunch". Not only does he actively listen, answer and try to find solution to each problem individual but he doesn't keep private off, and/or ignore. I'm sorry, (and i know people have their personal lives) but if your rank is responsible to help the community and its being put on hold because your life is more important 9/10's, sorry but you inactivity is holding everyone back and ultimately hurting the people who matter the most ...The players. The staff serves the community, not the other way around. Your job is to help maintain the order of things regardless of rank, from the bottom feeder to guy paying the bills. Tickets, and anything of the sort admin side should be on hold for no more than 24 hours on a server this size, simply because it will ultimately cause demise. Hearing from the Owner and the awarded Admins means a lot to the player base because if you don't even want to play your game, why should we? I've been able to sit back and watch people not being helped on a majority of time zones, some or none are active, and its quite discouraging that when things go wrong we can't rely on people who are supposed to do these specific jobs. I understand, and do not expect every staff member to be on all the time, but i've been around long enough on plenty of private servers, and/or ran crews, ran businesses to understand what should be required of people who are a part of the admin side of things. So to get to the point, my suggestion to the owner/current staff/community take a step back, reevaluate things, reassess the roles currently, and fix it. Every RSPS has an expiration date, no matter how well its made, but atleast make the time we have enjoyable.

Thanks

Goobymunch (super mod) pros:
1) Active anytime
2) Tries to help whenever he can.
3) Kind.

Cons: None

Phenomenon (admin) pros:
1) Great YouTube channel.

2) Kind.
3) Does lots of stuff behind the scenes.
4) Has to deal with too many stuff at once, which makes him seem like inactive staff member.
5) Tries to help whenever he can.

Cons: None

Topic to read about staff members from ex-staff member:

Bsouth (Mythic donator) cons:
1) Active

2) Gives tips and guides and advice and gives bonus info to make your life easier.
3) Kind
4) Helpful

Bsouth to staff because he's also a good helper (but not in helper rank).

EDIT: Solution to almost non-existent staff is to have more staff members. :)
EDIT 2: Phenomenon is actually more active now than I've ever seen and I like it. He has a lot of hard work to do so much appreciated if more staff members actually arrive and he can be on for more as well.

Edited by SmileyBoy
My opinion changed on Phenomenon. He actually does more than we see.
  • Like 2

I agree that we need way more active staff and that Goobymunch can't take care of everything of is own, me my self had to wait a week to get my account back, and now i got it back i still need help with my PIN reset. This could have been set at the same point but i forget about it aslong as it happens.

but there is like no communication with other staff members to the community, you still have a really big server with a loyal amount of players...

It would be nice to see more staff members to help everyone out.

I have been A server support back in 2017, whenever i know everything about the game again i will appeal for S.S...

Hope the owners will make some new staff members and  fix this issue .

and some more info about update's would be fine 2.

there is a guy also for example waiting with 50 dollar donation, he donated but didnt get his donation.

This should be fixed the same day since people use money to play your  PRIVATE server .

Keep it up and get some more staff and we are all good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MIDNR2 said:

I agree that we need way more active staff and that Goobymunch can't take care of everything of is own, me my self had to wait a week to get my account back, and now i got it back i still need help with my PIN reset. This could have been set at the same point but i forget about it aslong as it happens.

but there is like no communication with other staff members to the community, you still have a really big server with a loyal amount of players...

It would be nice to see more staff members to help everyone out.

I have been A server support back in 2017, whenever i know everything about the game again i will appeal for S.S...

Hope the owners will make some new staff members and  fix this issue .

and some more info about update's would be fine 2.

there is a guy also for example waiting with 50 dollar donation, he donated but didnt get his donation.

This should be fixed the same day since people use money to play your  PRIVATE server .

Keep it up and get some more staff and we are all good.

funny you should say

"there is a guy also for example waiting with 50 dollar donation, he donated but didnt get his donation.

This should be fixed the same day since people use money to play your  PRIVATE server . "

because thats me haha

This isn't anything new for us older players. Few reputable staff members have made a significant impact on the server with their voluntary performances. Lately, and while I currently don't play, it's easily said that we basically only have two staff members that are active. It's been like that for weeks, months at that and it's surely gone down hill as key figures have left the team or tackling IRL issues. IMHO, and this is something that'll never happen since there are no replacements for current staff members, is demotions for inactivty. I'll be damned to supervise a team and give a higher moderator rank to someone who barely steps in game for a few hours a week, let alone never touch forums or discord, but that's how it is on SPK.

One thing people seem to assume is staff can do everything, which even Tevin(Administrator) can't due to owners having trust issues for staff based on previous experiences of abusive staff members that have hindered any future staff member from fulfilling their potential. Don't get me wrong that past staff have been amazing, but they could of done must better and possibly still be on the team from having said extension of powers. 

If staff can't do the following, let alone an Administrator:

• Fully reset passwords
  • Fully reset pins
  • Log check

Then they've got no business with a "badge" or "title" that seems to entitle responsibility but in reality entitles only bragging rights and flash authority where there needs to be some.

Things that should be done instantly or at least within an hour since people have IRL lives and have jobs, families, and what not should be able to complete the following, but sadly do not:

• Pin resets should not take days
  • PW resets should not take days
  • Log checking for scamming/RWT/PK farming,etc. Should not take days
  • Donation problems(usually the middle man is at fault like Paypal, BMT Micro that delays this)
    • For example: Paying with an e-check days like a week to process your payment
      • Not to mention these are slow payment methods and big time/frequent donators usually encounter problems with these

That said, and while the owners frolic in their money making and make excuses for things not getting done, not to mention the false promises they make to change said problems the server will never reach it's full potential. Owners want more players, to grow and be more successful but they're only limiting themselves with trivial problems such as "trust issues" when you've had SOLID examples of staff members.

Plenty of great examples of staff members who would probably be Administrators and fulfilling everything they've been tasked with

• Tevin
  • Jean Paul
  • Bowflexxx
  • Goobymunch
  • The Aurora

While each to their own and each have their own respective strengths and weaknesses, you can't deny that at one point these key figures in the staff team have at one point made a significant impact but no longer do so. It's REALLY demotivating as a staff member to staff while being mal-equipped to deal with such issues. Imagine giving a lumberjack a task to chop down a huge tree with just a fork, when he could be getting a iron axe or a chainsaw to better tackle the task at hand.

More so, key figure staff members have lacked motivation to keep doing what they do best. Prime examples are Bowflexxx who has gone inactive and shares frustrations with other members who have contributed heaps or Salty who was extremely active when first promoted to helper and moderator but now has fallen inactive. Not one staff member can say their powers are enough to tackle every day issues whilst staffing on SPK. The fact that a helper has barely any different commands than a super moderator, or the newly PLACEHOLDER grand moderator rank is nothing short of a joke.

I've been around long enough to see qualities of each staff member that has come and past, and i'll never get tired of saying that the owners are stupid for losing such talent and potential with each staff member who has left due to problems they fail to fix, yearly. SPK would be much different and in every way positive for literally everyone. The community would have problems fixed and addressed asap, staff would be equipped to handle just about every situation that any staff member should be able to do, and the owners will have an easier time doing what little they do best(and that's code).

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kellatha said:

This isn't anything new for us older players. Few reputable staff members have made a significant impact on the server with their voluntary performances. Lately, and while I currently don't play, it's easily said that we basically only have two staff members that are active. It's been like that for weeks, months at that and it's surely gone down hill as key figures have left the team or tackling IRL issues. IMHO, and this is something that'll never happen since there are no replacements for current staff members, is demotions for inactivty. I'll be damned to supervise a team and give a higher moderator rank to someone who barely steps in game for a few hours a week, let alone never touch forums or discord, but that's how it is on SPK.

One thing people seem to assume is staff can do everything, which even Tevin(Administrator) can't due to owners having trust issues for staff based on previous experiences of abusive staff members that have hindered any future staff member from fulfilling their potential. Don't get me wrong that past staff have been amazing, but they could of done must better and possibly still be on the team from having said extension of powers. 

If staff can't do the following, let alone an Administrator:

• Fully reset passwords
  • Fully reset pins
  • Log check

Then they've got no business with a "badge" or "title" that seems to entitle responsibility but in reality entitles only bragging rights and flash authority where there needs to be some.

Things that should be done instantly or at least within an hour since people have IRL lives and have jobs, families, and what not should be able to complete the following, but sadly do not:

• Pin resets should not take days
  • PW resets should not take days
  • Log checking for scamming/RWT/PK farming,etc. Should not take days
  • Donation problems(usually the middle man is at fault like Paypal, BMT Micro that delays this)
    • For example: Paying with an e-check days like a week to process your payment
      • Not to mention these are slow payment methods and big time/frequent donators usually encounter problems with these

That said, and while the owners frolic in their money making and make excuses for things not getting done, not to mention the false promises they make to change said problems the server will never reach it's full potential. Owners want more players, to grow and be more successful but they're only limiting themselves with trivial problems such as "trust issues" when you've had SOLID examples of staff members.

Plenty of great examples of staff members who would probably be Administrators and fulfilling everything they've been tasked with

• Tevin
  • Jean Paul
  • Bowflexxx
  • Goobymunch
  • The Aurora

While each to their own and each have their own respective strengths and weaknesses, you can't deny that at one point these key figures in the staff team have at one point made a significant impact but no longer do so. It's REALLY demotivating as a staff member to staff while being mal-equipped to deal with such issues. Imagine giving a lumberjack a task to chop down a huge tree with just a fork, when he could be getting a iron axe or a chainsaw to better tackle the task at hand.

More so, key figure staff members have lacked motivation to keep doing what they do best. Prime examples are Bowflexxx who has gone inactive and shares frustrations with other members who have contributed heaps or Salty who was extremely active when first promoted to helper and moderator but now has fallen inactive. Not one staff member can say their powers are enough to tackle every day issues whilst staffing on SPK. The fact that a helper has barely any different commands than a super moderator, or the newly PLACEHOLDER grand moderator rank is nothing short of a joke.

I've been around long enough to see qualities of each staff member that has come and past, and i'll never get tired of saying that the owners are stupid for losing such talent and potential with each staff member who has left due to problems they fail to fix, yearly. SPK would be much different and in every way positive for literally everyone. The community would have problems fixed and addressed asap, staff would be equipped to handle just about every situation that any staff member should be able to do, and the owners will have an easier time doing what little they do best(and that's code).

This was very well said