Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Game integrity nerf / buffs

No one seems to want to comment about the broken OP / dog shit items in the game so I will

OP shit that needs nerfing:

- blood elder ring / blood slayer bow - stupid op. blood bow can hit rapid 70-80s through high defense. blood elder ring also makes d bow stupid strong

- D upgrade scroll - pretty obviously broken if a spawn able dds can hit rapid 70+'s in spawnable gear. constantly abused in deep wilderness + d claws (or) are broken w/ upgrade

- Dragon scimitar for deep wildy FI's, the potential to successfully slash overhead prayers should be reduced a lot w/ protect meele up + possibly shorten the time overheads are cut

- Balmung is far too easy to prod and hits consistent 60+'s with a fast ass attack speed that needs a nerf

- tektonic has too high of meele stats to also damage soak

- DH should be coded better to hit less high less consistently at higher hp. I get hit 70's from someone 60 hp

Buff this shit:

- Elemental mace is a weapon over 1-2t and sucks total cock. Not only do the stats + max hit suck, its inconsistent as fuck and costs 100% spec, its irrelevant next to a malevolent axe

- elemental weapons, they all seem pretty useless

Anyway spawnable / auto-keep weapons have become stupidly OP with upgrade / boost items. They require no risk to use and become BiS damage weapons 

• Like 1

*laughs in full auto keep*

8 hours ago, Ian said:

- Elemental mace is a weapon over 1-2t and sucks total cock. Not only do the stats + max hit suck, its inconsistent as fuck and costs 100% spec, its irrelevant next to a malevolent axe

+1111111

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian said:

No one seems to want to comment about the broken OP / dog shit items in the game so I will

First and foremost I do appreciate you stepping out of your comfort zone and making this thread, I've been wanting to touch up on a lot of these but put it off for a while until others started recognizing it as an issue as well. Let's dive right into it...

13 hours ago, Ian said:

blood elder ring / blood slayer bow - stupid op. blood bow can hit rapid 70-80s through high defense. blood elder ring also makes d bow stupid strong

+1, we're going to have to review the entire formula and rework it, specifically during the update of August 23rd & September 12th (both had worked on this particular weapon)

13 hours ago, Ian said:

- D upgrade scroll - pretty obviously broken if a spawn able dds can hit rapid 70+'s in spawnable gear. constantly abused in deep wilderness + d claws (or) are broken w/ upgrade

Agreed, despite wanting to buff the overall accuracy of the dragon dagger (P++), I believe it's gotten a bit out of hand and will need a balanced but effective nerf  so that we not only fix the issue but not hurt upgrade scroll users as well.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

- Dragon scimitar for deep wildy FI's, the potential to successfully slash overhead prayers should be reduced a lot w/ protect meele up + possibly shorten the time overheads are cut

Massive +1 to this as it takes away the skill factor of fall ins, especially when you combine this with the other things on the list. Actually a new light of respect for you considering you spoke up on this despite your clan in particular using this broken tactic. Dinhs won't save you unless you have tanky armor to go with it, the only thing you can really do is staff spec which costs 100% spec.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

- Balmung is far too easy to prod and hits consistent 60+'s with a fast ass attack speed that needs a nerf

+1, I miss the old balmung mechanic where you could hit back-to back, I honestly thought it was a unique mechanic and wasn't too broken until it started getting buffed too hard. It was a bit underwhelming, but I'd rather this weapon be tactical / unique than to be busted overpowered like it is now. It had the back-to-back hit mechanic and was strong and was way out of line so all Ryan did was take that away and now we're still left with the busted hits. Need to fix the accuracy / damage formula on the Balmung and return the old mechanic back to this weapon without it being too OP.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

- tektonic has too high of meele stats to also damage soak

50/50 on this one considering it's current role in the economy and the fact that it's BiS, ultimately will come down to how many of these are in the game, etc.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

- DH should be coded better to hit less high less consistently at higher hp. I get hit 70's from someone 60 hp

Can't tell you how many times I've tried to break this down, I would also like to see more reward from the crazy low HP risks (20 HP and under), but you're totally right you see ridiculous hits from medium to high HP levels which is unusual. Amulet Of The Damned (t) a possible culprit?

13 hours ago, Ian said:

Buff this shit:

+1, the Elemental Mace's stats don't even look custom (they suck), not to mention the accuracy formula is atrocious and unrewarding. Serious changes need to be made.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

- elemental weapons, they all seem pretty useless

Always down to see Elemental weapons make a return / changes, they used to be considered "god-tier" now they're mediocre.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

Anyway spawnable / auto-keep weapons have become stupidly OP with upgrade / boost items. They require no risk to use and become BiS damage weapons 

Well stated, I'm not a fan with the direction the game has taken but we'll see what we can do. Thank you very much for this suggestion thread, I'm looking forward to everyone else's opinions on this thread.

• Like 1

Also a bump, I think the newest broken item will be the blood reaper scythe we'll see

On 10/17/2019 at 4:09 AM, Loviathan said:

nerf blood scythe pls you pvmer nob

sure, I don't really care I don't own one lol or plan to own one any time soon

Looks like only a few of these were hit on the recent patch notes update, however, I’m going to keep working with the owner to get each and every one of these issues addressed(seems like it was a matter of running short on time rather than dismissing the other concerns).

Stay tuned, and feel free to update this thread with any other findings you may have!