Phenomenon

Proper Solution for the Autokeep & Untradable Epidemic

to be honest the prices you are intending to ask for repair costs is way to mutch the price of cursed relics will go down a lot no one will keep using it and this will result to be a death item in the game tbh...

this is how i see it

4 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

Already noted, that's not something that needs to be discussed with the community that's something blatant and will be fixed without a doubt.

I wasn't aware that it was going to be changed as we (community) haven't been kept updated with changes. It seems like its like the lottery with SpawnPk updates, we don't know what is going to be changed until it happens on the day.

If we had some kind of communication of known issues to be fixed then I wouldn't be asking these questions that are 'planned' to be fixed.

I assume this applies to pets too, right?

-1, people pay a lot of money for them and there’s no reason that they should pay more. Unless you’re willing to reimburse the costs of these items for people who want to get rid of them.

Edited by Big Pee pee

5 hours ago, Big Pee pee said:

I assume this applies to pets too, right?

-1, people pay a lot of money for them and there’s no reason that they should pay more. Unless you’re willing to reimburse the costs of these items for people who want to get rid of them.

Does not apply to pets.

7 hours ago, Anthem said:

I wasn't aware that it was going to be changed as we (community) haven't been kept updated with changes. It seems like its like the lottery with SpawnPk updates, we don't know what is going to be changed until it happens on the day.

If we had some kind of communication of known issues to be fixed then I wouldn't be asking these questions that are 'planned' to be fixed.

Good thing this thread came out then right? Stay tuned my guy, many more coming.

I do agree with Big Pee Pee, if this update does take place (which I 100% believe it should), people need to have the option to either keep the untradeable item or exchange it for a certain amount of cash bags. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, Phenomenon said:

I think you're missing the point here, don't call me a hypocrite when we both know that's not the case here - I clearly said I'd be alright with Ethereal Items having a fee:

You have to remember that 4 other players have Ethereal items as well, I'm taking how they might feel into account (used to be 6 but now 2 are out of the game). 10B cash EVERY time on death is absolutely absurd even if it is the best item in game (you're out of your mind if 100 bags are to be paid every time you die to someone, no one can afford that not even eco holders).

I'd say a more reasonable fee would be like 2.5B cash, even the best PKers like myself still face the inevitable (dying).

Pretty disgusted how you would even call me a hypocrite when the statements I made above clearly indicate i'm all for your suggestion, but that's besides the point. Moving forward.

I think I'm well within my rights to call you a hypocrite in this scenario. I agree that overall your intention is to do good in the community, but that doesn't mean you don't have bias (as clearly stated).

2.5b is nothing - any risker in vesta generally risks at least this amount. For any player (this is not an attack on you, just on the concept of having autokept OP untradeables) they should not be allowed access to an autokept Dinh's or Elder Maul - a 2.5b fee is too small IMO.

Also, we all know you can easily afford 100 bags whenever you die - we have seen your bank in your videos. If you are suggesting other players 'give up' their untradeables (who would ever use cursed obby with a 500m repair fee, for example?), then why aren't you faced with the same problem? That is what's unfair

• Like 1

Yep updated already with no mention of pets because that would apply to rich pking clans and we want to let them be as powerful as we can :)

2 minutes ago, Big Pee pee said:

Yep updated already with no mention of pets because that would apply to rich pking clans and we want to let them be as powerful as we can :)

I wouldn't be surprised that's next on the agenda. RIP to taxes on everything. Next thing you know you'll have to pay GP to pk with each blood perk you have unlocked kappa

6 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

I think I'm well within my rights to call you a hypocrite in this scenario. I agree that overall your intention is to do good in the community, but that doesn't mean you don't have bias (as clearly stated).

2.5b is nothing - any risker in vesta generally risks at least this amount. For any player (this is not an attack on you, just on the concept of having autokept OP untradeables) they should not be allowed access to an autokept Dinh's or Elder Maul - a 2.5b fee is too small IMO.

Also, we all know you can easily afford 100 bags whenever you die - we have seen your bank in your videos. 

You're an actual joke if you think repair fees for Ethereal Items should be over 2B per death.

• I don't know where you got it in your mind that I'm rich or something, but being able to pay 10B cash every time I die with an ethereal item in my inventory is just unrealistic. I'm not even close to richest in-game not even top 10.
  • You're also forgetting that other players have Ethereal Items as well and they aren't wealthier than me either, have you ever thought to consider that? Probably not. If I had to pay 10B cash every time I'd just buy a normal elder and use it as a +1 tbh - Be more realistic when coming up with prices.
  • Also, I don't think you understand how Ethereal Contests work and how much it can cost to actually obtain, slightly different scenario than any other autokeep in the game and yet i'm still open to the option of repair fees.
6 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

If you are suggesting other players 'give up' their untradeables (who would ever use cursed obby with a 500m repair fee, for example?), then why aren't you faced with the same problem? That is what's unfair

Repair fees affect me as well dingus, and i'm going to have to pay the same exact fees as everyone else when I die..

For the record:

160d2ffe848a7e79d5c4ccb911d13c39.png

• The fact that i'm open to repair fees clearly show i'm not biased or a hypocrite, especially considering I agree it should have the highest fee of all of the items in game.
  • I just personally don't agree with your Donald trump pricing on it, sorry not sorry!

Another point you don't seem to understand is that this was done because it was a widespread issue affecting the general population (at least 50-100 players involved if not more), something had to be done. As you can see from the text above, Ryan even stated that it's not as urgent of an issue as the untradables but still fair play.

Here is a list of those with Ethereal Items:

e036da31a8ec7c9321e05055eb00b0eb.png

Keep in mind that 1 raffle ticket usually costs 4-5 of that specific item, and prices typically skyrocket during the times in which these contests are held. You're looking at an easy 400-500B for one raffle ticket on some of these items (at least in my case), not to mention if you got more than 1 raffle (my dinhs for example, i dumped over 30). I think it's pretty safe to say that It's fair I get to repair mine for 2B cash and not 10B, otherwise i'd be better off buying a normal one and using it as a +1 / death pet given the current state of the economy.

The reason Ethereal items shouldn't have a repair fee is because we dumped 20+ of the item depending on which item it was, we basically paid 40-50b per (Ticket) that gets entered into the raffle, i dont see the need for these items to have a repair cost.

6 minutes ago, Ascendency said:

The reason Ethereal items shouldn't have a repair fee is because we dumped 20+ of the item depending on which item it was, we basically paid 40-50b per (Ticket) that gets entered into the raffle, i dont see the need for these items to have a repair cost.

It's the same for people who went for enchanted items, they sacrificed x amount of items to be able to have that 1 auto-keep combined.

To answer your statement about how much you have paid, I know people who have spent 4t+ on rolls on chest.

What is your logic?

10 hours ago, Anthem said:

It's the same for people who went for enchanted items, they sacrificed x amount of items to be able to have that 1 auto-keep combined.

To answer your statement about how much you have paid, I know people who have spent 4t+ on rolls on chest.

What is your logic?

Enchanted items are widely available to anyone who wants to get them, whereas ethereal items were unique and released to a specific timed event where you 'could' have a chance to obtain one

Could - being that this was a 100% luck to obtain one and the overall sink of these items(not just pertaining to one person or item like enchanted items) is drastically different. There isn't anything like the ethereal obtaining method in game, so it's in a bit of a grey area.

To summarize:

• Ethereal = RNG to win out of everyone who participated(lottery), Exclusive as in a one time event, Expensive due to supply and demand raising prices of these items required to sacrifice
  • Enchanted = RNG in a sense that you just buy bulk and hope for the best, NOT exclusive as it's always available, and definitely NOT expensive to get as this is realistically 100% RNG so "expensive" wouldn't justify enchanted items as people have gotten items in as little as 1 try.

I'm sure if you were around to be able to see how people participated in these events as a whole you can see that there is a lot more going on in them besides the 'rng chest' aka enchanted items where you just sit there and hope for the best.

Considering and understanding that fact regarding people being able to obtain enchanted items is what separates ethereal and enchanted by miles.

Edited by Kellatha

17 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Enchanted items are widely available to anyone who wants to get them, whereas ethereal items were unique and released to a specific timed event where you 'could' have a chance to obtain one

Could - being that this was a 100% luck to obtain one and the overall sink of these items(not just pertaining to one person or item like enchanted items) is drastically different. There isn't anything like the ethereal obtaining method in game, so it's in a bit of a grey area.

To summarize:

• Ethereal = RNG to win out of everyone who participated(lottery), Exclusive as in a one time event, Expensive due to supply and demand raising prices of these items required to sacrifice
  • Enchanted = RNG in a sense that you just buy bulk and hope for the best, NOT exclusive as it's always available, and definitely NOT expensive to get as this is realistically 100% RNG so "expensive" wouldn't justify enchanted items as people have gotten items in as little as 1 try.

I'm sure if you were around to be able to see how people participated in these events as a whole you can see that there is a lot more going on in them besides the 'rng chest' aka enchanted items where you just sit there and hope for the best.

Considering and understanding that fact regarding people being able to obtain enchanted items is what separates ethereal and enchanted by miles.

All what you have just said is irrelevant.... If Tevin is going to set a rule for untradable's it should effect ALL not just the ones he cherry picks.

It shouldn't matter how 'Hard' 'Exspensive' the items are to get, if a rule is put in place is should be implemented for everything that is categorised as 'Untradable + Auto-keep'

Also I know that I haven't been around for a long time but that does not make my opinion any less valid.

23 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

You're an actual joke if you think repair fees for Ethereal Items should be over 2B per death.

• I don't know where you got it in your mind that I'm rich or something, but being able to pay 10B cash every time I die with an ethereal item in my inventory is just unrealistic. I'm not even close to richest in-game not even top 10.
  • You're also forgetting that other players have Ethereal Items as well and they aren't wealthier than me either, have you ever thought to consider that? Probably not. If I had to pay 10B cash every time I'd just buy a normal elder and use it as a +1 tbh - Be more realistic when coming up with prices.
  • Also, I don't think you understand how Ethereal Contests work and how much it can cost to actually obtain, slightly different scenario than any other autokeep in the game and yet i'm still open to the option of repair fees.

Repair fees affect me as well dingus, and i'm going to have to pay the same exact fees as everyone else when I die..

For the record:

160d2ffe848a7e79d5c4ccb911d13c39.png

• The fact that i'm open to repair fees clearly show i'm not biased or a hypocrite, especially considering I agree it should have the highest fee of all of the items in game.
  • I just personally don't agree with your Donald trump pricing on it, sorry not sorry!

Another point you don't seem to understand is that this was done because it was a widespread issue affecting the general population (at least 50-100 players involved if not more), something had to be done. As you can see from the text above, Ryan even stated that it's not as urgent of an issue as the untradables but still fair play.

Here is a list of those with Ethereal Items:

e036da31a8ec7c9321e05055eb00b0eb.png

Keep in mind that 1 raffle ticket usually costs 4-5 of that specific item, and prices typically skyrocket during the times in which these contests are held. You're looking at an easy 400-500B for one raffle ticket on some of these items (at least in my case), not to mention if you got more than 1 raffle (my dinhs for example, i dumped over 30). I think it's pretty safe to say that It's fair I get to repair mine for 2B cash and not 10B, otherwise i'd be better off buying a normal one and using it as a +1 / death pet given the current state of the economy.

Tevin, my argument has nothing against you as a player. I don't mind either way whether or not you have enough money as a player to repair eithereal items on death - every player in cursed obsidian is now faced with the same scenario (many are not able to afford/do not want to spend that much money per death on cursed obsidian when statius is more OP and just as expensive).

Thanks for being condescending, but I know well enough how ethereal contests work - it's a raffle much like gambling on getting enchanted gloves or boots. Your argument that you have 'dumped' many emauls/dinh's is rubbish because any player with enchanted boots or gloves has had to go through the same RNG process - I personally dumped 1.3T on getting egloves, and can now not afford to go for eboots, for example. In this scenario, why should you be exempt from repairing your ethereal items and yet I have to fork out for my enchanted gloves?

I'm a brit, and have no love for Donald Trump, so I don't get what you're on about there. If anything, you're the one trying to minimise taxation on wealthier players, therefore bringing your view much more in line with his way of thinking. Nice try though.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ascendency said:

That argument doesn't stand. Anyone who forked out for egloves or eboots dumped much more than 20+ of each type of gloves and therefore shouldn't see a repair cost too, by your logic

8 hours ago, Kellatha said:

To summarize:

I understand the distinction you've made. In any case, autokept ethereal weapons are much more OP than, say, cursed obsidian and should subsequently have higher repair fees. Not only that, but imagine being a new player in spawnables lucky enough to kill Tevin (who is using both ethereal items he has, and no other risk). It would be unfair for this player to not be compensated for this kill.

I know you're just pointing out facts here and not disagreeing with the sentiment, so thanks for clarifying the difference for those who don't know

6 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

I understand the distinction you've made. In any case, autokept ethereal weapons are much more OP than, say, cursed obsidian and should subsequently have higher repair fees. Not only that, but imagine being a new player in spawnables lucky enough to kill Tevin (who is using both ethereal items he has, and no other risk). It would be unfair for this player to not be compensated for this kill.

I know you're just pointing out facts here and not disagreeing with the sentiment, so thanks for clarifying the difference for those who don't know

I think ethereal items themselves are not worrisome but when combined with a full set of autokeeps is where it becomes a problem. Especially when you can also throw a shade genie ontop of a full onslaught of auto keep items.

For example:

Nezzy helm, fighter torso and torag legs fighting with a ethereal elder maul = not a threat

Cursed obsidian (helm, top, bottom) fighting with a ethereal elder maul =somewhat a threat

full torva(top, helm, legs) fighting with a ethereal maul and shade genie =very threatening 

As someone who exploited these type of things to gain easy advantages at edgeville, I can agree on ethereal items being OP. Some more than others and it all really depends on the situation in game.

eDWH= OP at edge

eEM= OP at edge

eDivine= OP deep wildy, singles like graves/mage arena

eKodai = pretty irrelevant and banned

eEleStaff = 100% irrelevant and banned

eBP = OP at edge even though ascendency hasn't realized it's potential

eRasi = OP at edge, but coded improperly plus M44 doesn't even play a lot

eBulwark = OP pretty much anywhere, and the fact it's autokept and you can use OP setups with it is pretty game breaking

I'm sure we wouldn't be having this discussion if we ONLY had ethereal items that were autokept but rather we have a vast majority of autokeeps and the list keeps growing despite community feedback.

Edited by Kellatha

5 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

I think ethereal items themselves are not worrisome but when combined with a full set of autokeeps is where it becomes a problem. Especially when you can also throw a shade genie ontop of a full onslaught of auto keep items.

For example:

Nezzy helm, fighter torso and torag legs fighting with a ethereal elder maul = not a threat

Cursed obsidian (helm, top, bottom) fighting with a ethereal elder maul =somewhat a threat

full torva(top, helm, legs) fighting with a ethereal maul and shade genie =very threatening 

As someone who exploited these type of things to gain easy advantages at edgeville, I can agree on ethereal items being OP. Some more than others and it all really depends on the situation in game.

eDWH= OP at edge

eEM= OP at edge

eBulwark = OP pretty much anywhere, and the fact it's autokept and you can use OP setups with it is pretty game breaking

I'm sure we wouldn't be having this discussion if we ONLY had ethereal items that were autokept but rather we have a vast majority of autokeeps and the list keeps growing despite community feedback.

You're talking to a brick wall lol

11 hours ago, Kellatha said:

For example:

eDWH= OP at edge

eEM= OP at edge

I get your point - there are few ethereal items in the game, most of which are not too scary, and those that are aren't necessarily a threat. I still think though, that if someone in spawnables kills Tevin (as an example) with his ethereal Emaul, they should be sufficiently rewarded. It is unfair on everyone else in this scenario - I'm sure you can see my point.

11 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

You're talking to a brick wall lol

Just because you disagree does not mean I'm wrong. You are still being a hypocrite, bringing taxes to everyone and (not so) subtly avoiding them yourself. 

It seems as if you're using your weight in the community (and your mod status) to pull strings in order to give yourself an advantage in the game. 

You can rest assured that this makes you look great to everybody.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jimm0 said:

It seems as if you're using your weight in the community (and your mod status) to pull strings in order to give yourself an advantage in the game. 

Most people are starting to notice this especially that this forum post hadn't been up for at least a week before it was implemented. Despite Tevin stating that it was up for discussion but I get the idea that it was going to happen inevitably.

My stance on Ethereal items are the same as cursed void/obsidian that they should not be in game.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, Jimm0 said:

Just because you disagree does not mean I'm wrong. You are still being a hypocrite, bringing taxes to everyone and (not so) subtly avoiding them yourself. 

Basically what Anthem said. You're not alone in noticing this and after speaking to a few of my friends I can say with the upmost confidence that others share your frustrations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RagOrScout said:

Basically what Anthem said. You're not alone in noticing this and after speaking to a few of my friends I can say with the upmost confidence that others share your frustrations.

Thanks mate - glad it’s not gone unnoticed 

These Ethereal are unique items, you cant roll for one at any given point.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:39 AM, Anthem said:

What is your logic?