Sign in to follow this  
new player69

Blowpipe + % damage bug

Blowpipe doesn't deal more damage if used with slayer helm (i) (or any colored slayer helm) or tekton pet. I tested this rather extensively on many different npcs.

I believe it does scale, especially with the special attack. The problem with blowpipe is that its hits are so low, giving it a boost of let's say 35% won't increase it by much.

For example: Let's say BP max hit is 20+35%(7)=27 which isn't a lot.

From what I remember it didn't really matter if you had a slayer helmet on or not for blowpipe because its hits didn't seem to change at all, which wasn't the case for it's special attacks as 100+ BP specs are possible.

Another fun thing about blowpipe is that it ignores defense on things such as corp beast where incoming damage that isn't a spear is reduced by 50% blowpipe still hits it as if it was any other NPC.

no, i mean i max 27 without slayer helm and with colored slayer helm + tekton pet, there should be a big difference in 45% damage but theres not any.
It could be that the spec does work with slayer helm/tekton pet, but the basic hits for sure do not.

Edited by new player69