Racc2

Gear-Loot-Kills (GLK) series episode 2: Chocowyrms

Sup everyone,

Part 2 of the series has finally arrived :) Another interesting one for new ppl, ppl on the rebuild and well it's also just fun in general so a little for everyone I guess :) 

So let's get into it with: 1h of Chocowyrms! (disclaimer: only available for 2019 Easter event)

What/why?
Well I personally always loved the Easter events on spk, idk, there is just some satisfaction about running around in wildy chasing these elusive creatures and on top of that you make some decent money doing it!

Where?
Well, Chocowyrms spawn all over wildy from the very low levels (lowest i've found one is 3) to the highest wildy levels and anywhere in between. This also has the added bonus of choosing how much risk you take, stay in low lvl wild where you can tele? or risk going out to high lvl wild (often with fewer ppl competing for wyrms) where you have to use alien or obelisks to get away and risk tb's a long way from home.

Important: you can only hurt these with Easter weapons, you can obtain these by speaking to the bunny at ::home! (also pray melee) (You can also increase your loot/h by using elixers or egg charges but these thing are not currently covered in this episode.)

Necessary warnings:

Spoiler

• These are in wild so be aware of what your risk, there is a significant chance you will run into pk'ers at some point. To avoid clans you can try to stay away from multi or known warzones like ::bc or ::rogues.
  • You will likely not be alone hunting for these, depending on the time it can get crowded and take a while to find one
  • Since these are spread out and you have competition, your loot/h will vary heavily depending on how much kills/h you manage to get. Although after doing these for a while, you kinda zone in on certain hotspots where you can often find them and certain routes that are best for these but I'll let you find these out on your own ;) 
  • While I only focus on the gear used in these series, it might be wise to pack your inventory with a few brews and restores just in case you encounter something you did not expect ;) 

The kills:

• Spawn gear-starter cannon:
    Spoiler

SyK7ZUO.png
    So just basic things every beginner can get his/her hands on. (The usual disclaimer: I have droprate bloodperks and a cheap pet out so my dr=17%)

Kills: 30/h
    Loot: 3.5b/h
    wTGsJKP.png
    Thoughts: Well it feels very slow at times with this basic cannon, but seems to make decent money so not gonna complain to much

• Spawn gear-upgraded cannon:

Spoiler

SANBMLl.png
    Essentially the same setup as the one above, with the exception of me upgrading my cannon. This can be done using 3x egg weapon charge on your regular Easter weapon. The upgrade makes the weapons hit more/better.

Kills: 41/h
    Loot: 5.5b/h
    iATTodX.png
    Thoughts: Demn this upgrade does really help a lot! (Disclaimer, I was really lucky on the drops for this run, as reflected by the loot/h)
    Some nice duo drops this run:
    h8soW5Z.pngeCccGp5.png

• Relatively decent gear:
    Spoiler

tqav8a2.png
    So this is more or less what I usually use for hunting these. But I'm not a big fan of risking a lot of high-end gear specially as I have a feeling gear doesn't really do much for these. I did add a fairy in this setup to try and boost my drop-rate a bit further.

Kills: 34/h
    Loot: 4.8b/h
    JHGXuao.png
    Thoughts: Had a bit of trouble finding back-to-back wyrms during this run which I suspect dropped my kills/h a bit but the loot is still quite nice so :) Also based on comparing this run with the previous one, I don't really have the feeling gear speeds up the kills to much, but then again the range bonus didn't really increase that much.

Any luck with the chest?

Spoiler

So in doing this episode I earned myself a nice 10k tokens:
Si0kk7M.png
So you could sell these (which is probably smart if you need the money as these are probably worth over 10b) or you can do like me and rip them all on the chest cause you low-key want that easterwyrm pet but are to cheap to buy one ;) 
So after 4 spins on the chest, this is what I got:
jMoHmwt.png
So was it smart to try my luck at the chest? Well its a random numbers game in the end so could have done better, could have done worse. Overall started with 10b and ended up with like 8-11b so i'm not to unhappy. (Especially since my luck on chests is generally quite terrible..)

Final thoughts:
Easter event and hunting these creatures remains one of my favorite activities, it's fun and you make good loot of off them :) Additionally there is not a large advantage for high end gear so this also makes it perfect for new ppl just starting spk to hunt these along with the more seasoned players among us.

Minor remarks/FAQs:

Spoiler
  • Why not include a low cb lvl setup?
    While lowering your cb level certainly is a way to reduce risk of getting pk'ed. This is not generally my style and actually, during the time I did this series, I didn't really have to much problems with pk'ers. 
  • Do these give any xp?
    Yes aside from combat xp these also give hunter xp, I actually leveled to 99 using these xD
  • Isn't the Easter even already over?
    Well, technically yes, but I had some troubles in posting this and never the less I think this might be nice to show new players what kind of season events spk has and how they can use these to their advantage.
  • Why didn't you include the event (demi)boss?
    I wanted to focus on something that anyone could just do any time of the day. But for sure adding the even boss and demi-boss to this would be a solid strategy to make some additional loot.
  • Why use the cannon and not other Easter weapons?
    Well it comes down to personal preference, I always preferred range gear so for me it was a logical choice. Non the less, I've heard from several sources that these weapons are more or less the same hit-wise so if something else tickles your fancy, feel free to use it ;) 

Closing remarks:
Well that's it for part 2 of this series, hope you guys like it! (At least I was glad to see choc monsters return to spk for easter, hope to see them again next year, Hint @ ryan ;) )
Let me know in the comments (or in game) if you liked this post, have any feedback or things you would like to see and if you would like to see more of this kinda of content in the future.

If you like this episode or the series in general don't forget to like, comment and share ;) 

Racc2 out ;) 

P.S. if you have some general game related questions, feel free to pm me on the forums or in-game :) 

Edited by Racc2
Formatting changes
  • Like 3

I think something to note between set-up 2 and set-up 3 is the range bonus isn't very different but the defensive stats are a tremendous difference! Wearing the gear in set-up 3 can be the difference between life and death!