Racc2

Gear-Loot-Kills (GLK) series episode 1: Undead pkers

Hi everyone :)

I thought I'dd start a little forum series about killing monsters on spk with different setups and keep track of the kills/h loot and stuff like that. (I will do 1h in each gear, as the names will suggest.)
I hope this series might be useful/fun/interesting for new players as well as those on the rebuild ;) 

To kick the series off: 1h of undead pk'ers

What/Why?
Undead pk'ers are perfect monsters for beginners to train on or make some back off. I remember when I started spk, I used to slave away at these to start making my bank. So I figured these were ideal to start the series off with, also partly for nostalgic reasons but oh well. 

Where?
You can teleport to them (mage tab:Money Making->easy tab, Undead pkers), this is not in wildy btw, additionally they can also be spawned by vip+.

Fun FYI:
If you kill 50 of em in a single day you get a treasure casket worth an additional 2.5b ;) 

The kills:

• Spawn gear:
    Spoiler

I5TZ3cA.png
    To start off with just gear that you can spawn using default load-outs, doesn't get much simpler than this ;) 
    Disclaimer: I do have the dr blood perks and had an ele pet out (which is like 100m) but I don't think this would majorly affect loot and you would probably be able to get it doing these for 1h anyways.

Kills: 52/h
    Loot: 1.3b/h
    3ORU8IQ.png
    Return of investment time (ROI): 5 minutes (for the pet) and about 3h's if you include the blood perks
    Thoughts: It's slow, but ah it makes money..

• Roughly 1b gear:
    Spoiler

rK4DZpC.png
    Pretty basic gear but I had a feeling it would do the job nicely. Upgrades could be a beserker ring (i) and amulet of the damned but didn't want to go over my 1b spending limit. [Spawn 'Dwarven rock cake' to get hp to 1 btw.]

Kills: 103/h
    Loot: 1.7b/h
    uUlyUvH.png
    ROI-time: 30 minutes
    Thoughts: Cheap yet very effective, I'dd take this over spawn gear all day! (Also fun to see the high hits ;) )

• 10b gear (aka slight overkill)
    Spoiler

rfBIkz7.png
    Enter every new players favorite weapon, the blowpipe! Couldn't do kharazi due to budget constraints but other than that, pretty good setup, I remember it well from my old days.

Kills: 126/h
    Loot: 1.8b/h
    QcNCxdl.png
    ROI-time: About 5h30min (but you'll probably be doing some other monsters if you have this gear)
    Thoughts: I thought i'dd hit the 2b/h mark with this one, but my rng was not that keep on this run so yeah but still solid gear, slightly overkill for undead's but if you want to do dailies, it speeds it up real nice.

• 100b-ish gear (aka heavy overkill)

Spoiler

NZRHOwW.png
    Okay here I did go a little over budget (6b r so) because I wanted a green slay helm but let's face it, if your spending 100b to speed up your undead pk'er task, it better look good ;) Here I also switched from my trusted elemental pet to the more lethal tekton pet which adds another 10% dmg! (The reason I didn't go for a treasure fairy is that I feel that the increase in kill rate from tekton will get you more loot than the drop rate increase of fairy since undead's don't have any real high valued very rare drops.)

Kills: 157/h
    Loot: 2.3b/h
    PcbAoB0.png
    ROI-time: 47h's (big surprise, making 100b doing undeads will require you to spend a week fulltime on spk :p)
    Thoughts: Is it overkill? Yes. Is it fun to do? Kinda, it's real fast as compared to the spawn gear approach we or at least I started spk with :')

• Best I had in bank (aka WHY?!!)

Spoiler

7SxxpY7.png
    Ye I could have used pernix but I didn't have the top piece and didn't want to look stupid ;) But other than that, pretty decent gear, also used tekton pet with this one for the same reason mentioned above.

Kills: 169/h
    Loot: 1.4b/h (my rng lmao)
    S3yhxCt.png
    ROI-time: 204h's! that is 8 and a half days! (so yeah, I strongly disadvice trying to make back this gear with undead's trust me, with this gear, you got better options ,)
    Thoughts: While this gear just ripped through the daily and far beyond, I can't help but feel dissapointed about the low loot we got :( But oh well, this goes to show that all of these are just approximate snapshots and in the end it's all up to the rng ;) None the less, love this outfit so I'll take any excuse to show take it out :) 

Final thoughts:
Well spawn gear was pretty much as bad as I remember so please upgrade your weapon once can or better upgrade to full dharok. Because oh demn, that gear really blew me away, cheap, fast kills and overall just fun :D 
For the rest of the load-outs, well let's face it, anything over 1-2b is kinda overkill if bought just with undead pk'ers in mind. But hey, it does help get your dailies done faster!

The give-away

Spoiler

I'm certainly not planning to do a give-away every part of this series but since its the first one, ah why not :) 
To keep it fun, I'll be giving away the dharok setup to the first 5 people who post a picture of them with/at the undead pker grounds (donor zones don't count), additional 2b cash can be earned if it's original or you make me laugh 😛 

Minor remarks/FAQ:

Spoiler
  • Why not use blood-cbow and other auto-keeps in spawn setup:
    I wanted to keep this setup relatable for new players, but if you have those items, please use them it will speed up your kills.
  • Why put this in a forum post and not make a video of it and put it on youtube?
    Because I am not a youtuber nor do I have the ambition to become one. Never the less I want to contribute my knowledge (and partly skill) on spk to help people and especially new people for whom spk can be confusing at times. 
    But I will leave the video making to the professionals ;) 
  • I'm not getting the same loot/h or kill/h as you?
    My goal with this post was to give people an idea of what is possible doing undead pk'ers with different setups. Both kill rate and especially loot/h are sensitive to randomness/luck which will cause deviations to the numbers I gave above. So take these more as a rough guideline not as the absolute truth. 

Closing remarks:
Well that's it for part 1 of this series, hope you guys like it! (I at least had a blast preparing it :D And well made some money 😛 )
Let me know in the comments (or in game) if you liked this post, have any feedback or things you would like to see and if you would like to see more of this kinda of content in the future.

Racc2 out ;) 

P.S. if you have some general game related questions, feel free to pm me on the forums or in-game :) 

Edited by Racc2
  • Like 1

Awesome topic! doing these for an hour daily for the daily task is very profitable for any player in my opinion those caskets add up :P Looking forward to what you have next for us! 

c7c1fa1b71b9365089c427b5850a4b69.png

What are the odds this counts? xD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anthem said:

Nice racc, what monster are you doing next?

Glad you liked it :) Let's just say I'm havin a bit of fun running in wild to box up the next one ;) 

12 hours ago, saltysadface said:

Awesome topic! doing these for an hour daily for the daily task is very profitable for any player in my opinion those caskets add up :P Looking forward to what you have next for us! 

c7c1fa1b71b9365089c427b5850a4b69.png

What are the odds this counts? xD

Hahaha! xD Oh I love this! A dh loadout and 20 bags coming your way for sure!

On 4/24/2019 at 8:58 AM, i luv u said:

0lt51bF.png

looks good, pm me ing for your reward :)