IGN

My issues within SPK as a new player (2 Months).

I have came to the conclusion that when I log into SpawnPk it's basically just to do my daily's and log off.

The reason for this is because there's no incentive to do anything more other than go to ::dzone ::ezone and farm with a Yoshi.

The wild has so many problems... let me get into that, I find my self constantly clicking the skip target button because I don't want a whole clan just to pile on me with auto-keep items.

There's no way for pvmers to make bank a part from donator zones or making money off daily's and throwing it at ::gamble once they get a few bill.

I got into a conversation with Kellatha over yell regarding the situation with the eco but I was basically shut down because I was a 'just a red donator' (at the time) and my opinion wasn't valid.

Things need to change for new players to be able to have a fighting chance at surviving the first couple of months without the need to resort to gamble.

Best wishes, Anthem.

True. The gear more veteran players have is too op that it's unfair for new players.

I would like to start off by saying I don't entirely disagree with you, with that being said there are a couple things that I don't agree with in this post.

Firstly although it may be tedious to click skip multiple times I'm grateful that there is no "skip limit" as there are on almost any other rsps I have played meaning if you get unlucky on your 5th skip you're stuck with that person who may have a clan as your bounty then you could really be fucked. Getting bounty hunter tele'd on does suck but it's one of the only things keeping the deep wild somewhat alive at this point (in my opinion).  Without this sure it'd be really easy to pvm in the wild but maybe a bit too easy (once again, in my opinion). Also I'd like to add that a few of the auto keep items such as cursed void and cursed obsidian have both received rather large nerfs since initial release and nerfing them even more could make them not even viable to be used in game. This would mean that players that have grinded for hours to obtain these items would have done so in vain and would potentially piss a lot of people off (I do not personally have cursed obby or cursed void for the record).

I think there are a lot of ways to make money in spk one example I will use that is Chambers of Xeric, this is a non wild option of making money that can also be done as a team for those that dont have the best in slot gear. Since the addition of raids I've talked to a lot of new players that have enjoyed making money from doing raids and some of them have even gotten lucky pet drops that have 5x'ed their bank value. Another being the seasonal event's, I agree to REALLY make money off this you must do it in the wild and there is a chance you will get killed but even so if you're smart about it you can make a lot of money really fast. Lastly I'd like to include the tournaments these have brought a lot of wealth into the game and with some practice virtually anyone can win them being as everyone has the same stats and gear.

In conclusion, I understand that being a "new player" can be extremely overwhelming and can seem like a never ending battle trying to achieve some of the items that "veteran" players have but any game that is too easy with extremely fast progression often gets boring very quickly and can make the items you're earning seem meaningless as they were so easy to achieve causing a shitty economy (not that spk's is fantastic but could be WAY worse) and there would be very few veteran players as they'd get bored and quit leaving new players to essentially fend for themselves. Runescape itself is one big grind fest, and as this server is based off of Runescape it's essential to keep and appreciate core values such as these. Just remember at one point we ALL were new and had to fight our way to having stronger more competitive gear, it takes time, patience, and dedication. You may plank in the wild a few times along the way but thats the beauty of RS is to get back up re-gear and try again. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, saltysadface said:

I would like to start off by saying I don't entirely disagree with you, with that being said there are a couple things that I don't agree with in this post.

Firstly although it may be tedious to click skip multiple times I'm grateful that there is no "skip limit" as there are on almost any other rsps I have played meaning if you get unlucky on your 5th skip you're stuck with that person who may have a clan as your bounty then you could really be fucked. Getting bounty hunter tele'd on does suck but it's one of the only things keeping the deep wild somewhat alive at this point (in my opinion).  Without this sure it'd be really easy to pvm in the wild but maybe a bit too easy (once again, in my opinion). Also I'd like to add that a few of the auto keep items such as cursed void and cursed obsidian have both received rather large nerfs since initial release and nerfing them even more could make them not even viable to be used in game. This would mean that players that have grinded for hours to obtain these items would have done so in vain and would potentially piss a lot of people off (I do not personally have cursed obby or cursed void for the record).

I think there are a lot of ways to make money in spk one example I will use that is Chambers of Xeric, this is a non wild option of making money that can also be done as a team for those that dont have the best in slot gear. Since the addition of raids I've talked to a lot of new players that have enjoyed making money from doing raids and some of them have even gotten lucky pet drops that have 5x'ed their bank value. Another being the seasonal event's, I agree to REALLY make money off this you must do it in the wild and there is a chance you will get killed but even so if you're smart about it you can make a lot of money really fast. Lastly I'd like to include the tournaments these have brought a lot of wealth into the game and with some practice virtually anyone can win them being as everyone has the same stats and gear.

In conclusion, I understand that being a "new player" can be extremely overwhelming and can seem like a never ending battle trying to achieve some of the items that "veteran" players have but any game that is too easy with extremely fast progression often gets boring very quickly and can make the items you're earning seem meaningless as they were so easy to achieve causing a shitty economy (not that spk's is fantastic but could be WAY worse) and there would be very few veteran players as they'd get bored and quit leaving new players to essentially fend for themselves. Runescape itself is one big grind fest, and as this server is based off of Runescape it's essential to keep and appreciate core values such as these. Just remember at one point we ALL were new and had to fight our way to having stronger more competitive gear, it takes time, patience, and dedication. You may plank in the wild a few times along the way but thats the beauty of RS is to get back up re-gear and try again. 

Well said. :)

• Thanks 1

Yea I agree, although I do like the fact that they’ve added new weapons and the blood synthesis pool to the game, otherwise it be kind of boring using the same weapons/armor whenever you log in. 

Edited by Pencilbroke

The best counter to this is simply that everyone was a new player at some point. Some people made the grind to become veterans, or are on the way to becoming veterans, and others don't enjoy the struggle. It's the same with any RSPS (veterans have money, new players do not)

8 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

The best counter to this is simply that everyone was a new player at some point. Some people made the grind to become veterans, or are on the way to becoming veterans, and others don't enjoy the struggle. It's the same with any RSPS (veterans have money, new players do not) 

it was a different time and a different eco comparing veterans to new players ie. cursed relics were 70b+ for a while and now they're like 30b. same goes for the other items, it's actually harder to make money as a new player as it was compared to when veterans first started playing.

3 hours ago, sonny said:

it was a different time and a different eco comparing veterans to new players ie. cursed relics were 70b+ for a while and now they're like 30b. same goes for the other items, it's actually harder to make money as a new player as it was compared to when veterans first started playing.

When I got my cursed obby set it was 150b per relic, and im sure i got my obsidian prices for around those prices as well. All in all around 750b for the complete set, and that's because I didn't even buy it at release. I waited some days to a week afterwards and the price as still extreme.

In terms of the economy and new players, it is much easier for players to make money than it was back then. Now a days everything is so cheap and what used to be double/triple in price and sometimes even more than that is now relatively easy to get.

Like when I started the prices for your stand pvm gear were as follows:

Yoshi was 135b now it's 30-40b

Zbow was the meta for pvm and used to be 120b+ now its 30-40b

Color slayers were new and were around 40-50b for a long time now its 20b

Pernix was always 40b+ per piece now its 10-15b ea

3rd age bow as 35-40b now its 1-2b

Blowpipe was 8-10b now its 1-2b

torva was 125-150b per piece now its 20-25b ea

And the list can go on like bonds

bonds were a hard $1=2b

donator tickets were 20m ea

mchests were 40b ea

prize keys were 20b ea

death pets were 180-200b

aliens were 175b+

But yeah. The economy is so cake now and the fact that most of the best things are behind RNG factors *looks at you magic chest* or hardcore grinding for bank *looks at wildywyrm/bloodwyrm skotizo* is what kills off the want to pvm with the fact that no matter how long you invest in PVM, you'll always end up empty handed and with nothing because SPK is built on RNG where only eco holders can succeed. 

So of course main pking is pretty scaled to untradeables, but there are still things to do even if you don't have a single unspawnable item, firstly ::pure you can hold your own pure pking with simply a granite maul  and msb to make it a little better can add a chaotic maul as your +1 ( like 100m ) in doing this you can complete 3 tasks, pure pk kills, pk kills, and high risk kills ( if u don't use c maul ), alongside that at this current point there's the Easter event which is wild money, you can make enough for full corrupt obsidian in like 2-3 days time and you can pretty easily avoid pkers by changing combat level like many people do. I do see that there is an issue that I think could use some tweaking but these are just a few ways to work around it in the time being.

9 hours ago, Kellatha said:

When I got my cursed obby set it was 150b per relic, and im sure i got my obsidian prices for around those prices as well. All in all around 750b for the complete set, and that's because I didn't even buy it at release. I waited some days to a week afterwards and the price as still extreme.

In terms of the economy and new players, it is much easier for players to make money than it was back then. Now a days everything is so cheap and what used to be double/triple in price and sometimes even more than that is now relatively easy to get.

Like when I started the prices for your stand pvm gear were as follows:

Yoshi was 135b now it's 30-40b

Zbow was the meta for pvm and used to be 120b+ now its 30-40b

Color slayers were new and were around 40-50b for a long time now its 20b

Pernix was always 40b+ per piece now its 10-15b ea

3rd age bow as 35-40b now its 1-2b

Blowpipe was 8-10b now its 1-2b

torva was 125-150b per piece now its 20-25b ea

And the list can go on like bonds

bonds were a hard $1=2b 

donator tickets were 20m ea

mchests were 40b ea

prize keys were 20b ea

death pets were 180-200b

aliens were 175b+

But yeah. The economy is so cake now and the fact that most of the best things are behind RNG factors *looks at you magic chest* or hardcore grinding for bank *looks at wildywyrm/bloodwyrm skotizo* is what kills off the want to pvm with the fact that no matter how long you invest in PVM, you'll always end up empty handed and with nothing because SPK is built on RNG where only eco holders can succeed. 

yeah, thanks for making my point.

10 minutes ago, sonny said:

yeah, thanks for making my point.

I believe what Kellatha is trying to say is that it was harder to achieve "over powered" items back then than it is now. Imagine spending 200b on a Yoshi and a Tbow just to being to make efficient money, sure that meant obtaining these items meant they had more value but it took more to obtain them anyways, for example mystery chests being 40-45b ea meant that getting ripped on them was even more harsh! There are up's and down's to every economy but in my opinion it's much easier to obtain above average gear now than it used to be, although there are now more items being released that are rather op but its a rsps and items are tweeked often to spice up meta and keep things changing.  

Edited by saltysadface
mistype

3 hours ago, saltysadface said:

I believe what Kellatha is trying to say is that it was harder to achieve "over powered" items back then than it is now. Imagine spending 200b on a Yoshi and a Tbow just to being to make efficient money, sure that meant obtaining these items meant they had more value but it took more to obtain them anyways, for example mystery chests being 40-45b ea meant that getting ripped on them was even more harsh! There are up's and down's to every economy but in my opinion it's much easier to obtain above average gear now than it used to be, although there are now more items being released that are rather op but its a rsps and items are tweeked often to spice up meta and keep things changing.  

You can also say that high prices meant it was more profitable to pvm ie. blowpipes bein 8-10b instead of 1-1.5b it is now, also pvp was WAAAAAY more profitable back then since cursed relics sold for so much so that made a lot of people richer. With the prices as it is now, pvm/pvp is even less profitable.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:12 PM, sonny said:

You can also say that high prices meant it was more profitable to pvm ie. blowpipes bein 8-10b instead of 1-1.5b it is now, also pvp was WAAAAAY more profitable back then since cursed relics sold for so much so that made a lot of people richer. With the prices as it is now, pvm/pvp is even less profitable.

No you can't conpare the past to now. I make around 10b just from blood money alone. Pvp is still good money. Pvm is also still good money... Fp me noobs has been fixing the economy, meaning that alot of pvm items are going up in price again. 

If i was to start this server again today id be at my current bank within a few months. I've been playing since v12. The "grind" isn't really a thing anymore. Pvming used to bring in the exact same money per hour on scale to the prices as it does now, maybe even less

19 hours ago, Yellow Chicken said:

No you can't conpare the past to now. I make around 10b just from blood money alone. Pvp is still good money. Pvm is also still good money... Fp me noobs has been fixing the economy, meaning that alot of pvm items are going up in price again.  

If i was to start this server again today id be at my current bank within a few months. I've been playing since v12. The "grind" isn't really a thing anymore. Pvming used to bring in the exact same money per hour on scale to the prices as it does now, maybe even less

yes you can actually compare the past to now, tiers used to be a primary moneymaker for many players but now cursed relics/void kits for inflated in the market so the price is extremely low to what it was before.

8 hours ago, sonny said:

yes you can actually compare the past to now, tiers used to be a primary moneymaker for many players but now cursed relics/void kits for inflated in the market so the price is extremely low to what it was before.

As anything is in at release. A good example of things that are not bad are torture/anguish amulets when they used to be 2-3b each and now look, both healthy at 40-50b/10-15b

On 4/23/2019 at 3:33 PM, sonny said:

These items are not at a low price cause the market was inflated (although I'm sure it had some to do with it) IMO these items have crashed due to the 2 or 3 nerfs that the armors have received since release since people complained about them being too OP for auto-keep armors.

Bro I literally afk OSRS on mobile, fishing etc while I pk on here.. litterly makes it so much more fun since I’m getting xp on the real game while im having fun on here which I don’t really care about my wealth etc