Jean Paul

My final resignation - Jean Paul

Dear friends & fellow SPK players

It's time for me to resign from the staff team. No, I won't leave the server, just the staff team.

After 3 years of playing and almost 2 years of staffing, achieving everything in-game, meeting the most awesome people It's time to step down. I really hoped some things changed when I came back but this was sadly not the case. Yes, I could write books about SPK, the staff team, and the owners but I won't. Simply because there is no drive in me left to do so.

Nonetheless, this remains the best server and team I've ever been on and like to thank you all for the support and awesome times.

JP

• Sad 3

I wasn't around to see all your progress of you becoming a staff member, but you've obviously done good work to become at the position you are at (or were at). Farewell sir. Good luck to what you're doing in your life in the future!

That's unfortunate, I just started seeing you more active as a staff in the last week or so. 

I really hoped some things changed when I came back but this was sadly not the case. Yes, I could write books about SPK, the staff team, and the owners but I won't.

What changes on SPK, staff team and owners did you want to see when you came back? Just curious, obviously you don't have to get into it and I don't think you will but worth asking.

Jean Paul,

It leaves a deep sadness in my heart that you've made the decision to step down and resign, but I will say I respect it and support you 100%. You were a great staff member who contributed so much to SpawnPK, getting promoted from player to helper, and then helper to moderator faster than anyone else ever has in SpawnPK history excluding myself, this is very impressive. Never had I had a helper take the initiative by offering a lending hand to an Administrator on higher level work, and I also admire how much work you did on the forums (every morning you woke up, basically).

I remember every day when i used to get off of school you would give me a call on discord, even if it was brief, it always still made my day and made me feel like someone genuinely cared and wanted to understand my life and my struggles better.

4 hours ago, Jean Paul said:

I really hoped some things changed when I came back but this was sadly not the case. Yes, I could write books about SPK, the staff team, and the owners but I won't. Simply because there is no drive in me left to do so.

While I respect your decision to end off on a professional note and leave out potential problems that the server might have, I really wish you would enlighten the entire community on what you didn't like specifically about the server in general, or even the management (owners) so that we can grow as a unit and possibly make major fixes. Unfortunately, changes will never be made unless they are properly addressed, and sometimes it requires re-iteration just to get the point across. I'm really interested to know what possibly drove you away from the idea of playing SpawnPK as actively as you used to before (I understand you had IRL situations, but I feel like there's a bigger picture to all of this), as I would like to ensure this doesn't happen with other players and staff members.

Lastly, to finish this off, I would like to say thank you for all of the work you have done on SpawnPK, and that I wish you the best of luck with your real-world success (I understand you're a pretty big shot right now ;).

I really hope to stay in touch with you, Jean.

Phenomenon

I think you being a regular player is great for everyone, this leaves room for another person to be promoted (who is able to be a bit more active) and removes all the pressure off your shoulders to have to be online more often etc. 

Respect the resignation, hope to see you ingame still.

• Like 1

im so happy to see this thread i think ima host a big drop party for everyone just cause u resigned 1-0 kid

forgot to add that u were my favorite staff to get punished by will miss being spanked by you ❤️

Edited by WASHMYCAT69

I saw this in game before seeing the forums post but I really want to say, I still remember you commenting on the first video I ever made for spk (not that I made many) but to see a mod genuinely care and appreciate what I was doing was very encouraging. In my opinion its little thing such as that, that makes the difference between a "good mod" and a "great mod" and I without a doubt believe you we're a great mod. I'm happy to see that you will still be hanging out with us on spk and I hope that maybe with some of the stress being removed you can have a more relaxing and enjoyable time playing the game. Lastly I would like to add that even though your crown may be gone your legacy will never be forgotten! 

• Haha 1

Shame you bit the dust but I totally understand how you feel @Jean Paul. We've achieved similar achievements and worked very hard to of gotten where we have gotten but at the end it never really mattered. Being at your peak you were second to none most of the time with us constantly putting in effort wherever the server needed improvement. As time passed you lost your passion and motivation sadly, and it looked like you tried again but the fact that you lost all drive to play SPK and staff shows that this isn't the place investing all your time into.

I hear you loud and clear, and understand you 100%. While you weren't exactly a loss at the moment to resign, you certainly were the first time you left. 2018 was a harsh year for SPK, and I witnessed it all as that was the year we lost of a lot of good staff members. When we needed you the most you weren't there, but you left us with a lot of knowledge, guides, and tools to get us through it which was more than we could of asked you when you busy improving and enjoying your real life over SPK.

Here's a cheers for the last time, as someone who made a significant impact on the staff team in the early years.

It had to happen eventually, it’s only a staff rank after all, fun times we had + seeing you go from no staff rank to super mod were surely there ^_^ 

Edited by _Jorik_