Phenomenon

PvP Content, Item changes, and Donator Perks for next update

Blessings:

• Not sure how some of you guys would feel about this, but how about adding blessings from OSRS that can be added for some unique bonuses / effects?
  • For those of you that don't know, blessings go in the ammunition slot and are usually only used for those who don't need to use bolts / arrows (rangers / NH)
  • Each god blessing has a +1 prayer bonus in the ammunition slot, and will also provide protection within the God Wars Dungeon (excluding the ancient and peaceful blessings).

My thoughts were to add these blessings for the following effects:

Unholy Blessing: + ? in strength bonus (whatever amount gives an additional max hit on top of already max STR), capped weapons would receive a +1 in max hit.

War Blessing: +5% (or 10 if not too OP) in accuracy, you can make this global for those using dragon knives or magic if you want, but i don't know how useful it would be for anything other than melee since most styles use arrows / bolts, guess it would be super sick for Zaryte Bow, Sanguinesti, Etc.

Holy Blessing: +5% in defense bonuses, could think of some sick setups that could go with.

Ancient Blessing: +5% in magic accuracy, +5% in magic damage

Honorable Blessing: +5% In PvM Drop Rate, stackable with everything in the game. Pretty good for Skot mace PvMers or anything that doesn't require ammunition.

1. Some people may be opposed to this suggestion because it's seen as "too custom".
  • My answer to this would be that I really don't think it would hurt anyone as the numbers are kept to a minimal, and with proper 

2. Others might be opposed to this suggestion because it takes up the ammunition slot, ultimately making it useless for those who may use a twisted bow for PvM.

• My answer to this would be use something like a blowpipe, zaryte bow, or skotizo mace if you want to use the blessing.

Now... the million dollar question: Where should these things be obtained?

• For starters, i am not a fan of adding any more grand treasures until the rates get tweaked to an appropriate level on PvP M Boxes (i believe it's fine for player kills)
  • It's also dependent on what type of item we're talking about (Dragon Upgrade Scroll is too dangerous to let loose, but something like guardian boots is completely harmless).

I was thinking we add the War, Ancient, and Holy blessings to Pking task bottles (drop rate should be something just under Cursed Relics as i'm sure it will end up being super strong on this server for some odd reason), and the blood pool store for quite a bit of money. As for the honorable blessings and unholy blessings, we add them as a rare drop to PvP Hotspot Caskets, and let's revive some of the bosses that have died off on SpawnPK: Vetion and Kraken. I am aware that VIP+ can just spawn Krakens and camp it, but i don't think that's a bad thing. These aren't meant to be rare, i would like many in the economy but not an epidemic.

Guardian Boots:

• I haven't looked at the data in a while, but right now ... I'd say there's no more than 5 pairs of guardian boots in the game.
  • Expected price of said guardian boots would be no more than 2B in my honest opinion, and here's why:

5c764d0852e675ea027e03d098430d25.png

• Guardian boots' stats are no different than primordial boots other than the fact that it offers +2 more attack bonuses (for melee), and really good defensive stats. They're defensive boots basically, the strength bonus is the same as primordials and Enchanted boots actually stomp guardian boots into the ground (+1 more strength bonus than guardian boots, and WAY more range / magic bonuses on the offensive end)
  • Because of this, I suggest we make it a little bit more common than just 1/10,000 chance from PKing or a mystery box, i believe we should add it to the one place that got a lot of their stuff taken away: Donator-Zone Tekton. And if anyone disagrees with this, we can even make the strength bonus 1 less than primordials i don't mind.
  • Right now, Sponsor & Mythic donators only have tektonic armor and the new pet to look forward to (which i heard, by the way, isn't even that great), so I think it's only fair we add it to this zone. This will ultimately help bring more into the economy, however, because it's going to be farmed heavily and tons can come in no matter what the rate is - I suggest we make the rate 1/1500. This shouldn't be something that is strived for (i'm sure people will complain it's hard to get), but something extra that you could possibly get as a drop.

In terms of other Grand Treasures, I am holding off on Ancient C'bow, Armadyl Battlestaff, and Balmung in hopes for a potential raids II. Dragon Upgrade Scroll should go to the olm boss for a rare drop %.

I would also like to discuss VIP / Legendary Donator:

I feel like we completely skipped over the VIP & Legendary donator status and jumped straight into Sponsor, and then soon after straight into Mythic. Mythic donator should've never even been a thing, but it's too late now. First of all, $5000 isn't even worth the perks it has so EVENTUALLY we're going to need to add more for our Mythic donators as well but let's focus on VIP / Legendary.

Legendary doesn't even have a zone for starters, and i don't think that's even necessary at this point but we need to give it some additional perks etc. I've worked hard to give it additional skins, and then of course it has the completionist bypass, but it's missing one more significant thing that should be added to the rank.

VIP Rank is just an absolute disgrace. Very cool for camping bosses and getting drops, but why is the zone so big and it's only filled with a trading post? Need to add some stalls, and other REAL money making activities that can be done in that location. Maybe some cool interactive things for people to do as well, make the zone worth it. Add additional perks, and maybe capes for VIP / Legendary / Sponsor / Mythic / Youtubers / Staff members.

Feel free to leave any input on what should be done (specifically Guardian boots, Dragon Scroll, and the donator ranks) as i will be looking for these to present to Ryan.

For all spawner based VIP zones i'd love the spawner to be changed to a 2x2 solid object if possible. This will eliminate any loot drops falling on it and also make it much easier for the player to use:)

Rest is cool,

Peace 

Just now, D RY said:

For all spawner based VIP zones i'd love the spawner to be changed to a 2x2 solid object if possible. This will eliminate any loot drops falling on it and also make it much easier for the player to use:)

Rest is cool,

Peace 

How do you feel about the actual spacing on the monster spawner? I noticed mythic zone is spread out completely, so it's not a giant orgy @ the zone, do you think it should be spread out more since it's a large zone?

• Like 1

Just now, Phenomenon said:

How do you feel about the actual spacing on the monster spawner? I noticed mythic zone is spread out completely, so it's not a giant orgy @ the zone, do you think it should be spread out more since it's a large zone?

With the space available in the VIP zone there could be a spawner ever 10+ tiles. Also in sponsor there could be 5, one central and 1 at each diagonal location from centre. Why not? 

I feel sponsor is not as bad, but damn when I used to camp vip it used to be one big yoshi/player mosh pit! 

Can't comment on Mythic coz you won't give me 25 100 bonds.. ;)

About time somone speaks up for legendary players, it's a complete waste of Money spent on it.

Edited by noob smited

8 minutes ago, noob smited said:

About time somone speaks up for legendary players, it's a complete waste of Money spent on it.

who wouldn't want to donate 500 dollars extra to spawn barrelchest xd

41 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:
  • I haven't looked at the data in a while, but right now ... I'd say there's no more than 5 pairs of guardian boots in the game.
  • Expected price of said guardian boots would be no more than 2B in my honest opinion, and here's why:

5c764d0852e675ea027e03d098430d25.png

• Guardian boots' stats are no different than primordial boots other than the fact that it offers +2 more attack bonuses (for melee), and really good defensive stats. They're defensive boots basically, the strength bonus is the same as primordials and Enchanted boots actually stomp guardian boots into the ground (+1 more strength bonus than guardian boots, and WAY more range / magic bonuses on the offensive end)
  • Because of this, I suggest we make it a little bit more common than just 1/10,000 chance from PKing or a mystery box, i believe we should add it to the one place that got a lot of their stuff taken away: Donator-Zone Tekton. And if anyone disagrees with this, we can even make the strength bonus 1 less than primordials i don't mind.
  • Right now, Sponsor & Mythic donators only have tektonic armor and the new pet to look forward to (which i heard, by the way, isn't even that great), so I think it's only fair we add it to this zone. This will ultimately help bring more into the economy, however, because it's going to be farmed heavily and tons can come in no matter what the rate is - I suggest we make the rate 1/1500. This shouldn't be something that is strived for (i'm sure people will complain it's hard to get), but something extra that you could possibly get as a drop.

I agree HIGHLY that guardian boots are not THAT good, that there shoud be an alternative way to get these boots. Compared to the other items such as: Arma battlestaff, ancient c bow, balmung, and the dragon upgrade scroll, guardian boots are just way too sub-par to even be considered an ancient treasure, especially with a drop rate of 1/10k. 

44 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

I would also like to discuss VIP / Legendary Donator:

I feel like we completely skipped over the VIP & Legendary donator status and jumped straight into Sponsor, and then soon after straight into Mythic. Mythic donator should've never even been a thing, but it's too late now. First of all, $5000 isn't even worth the perks it has so EVENTUALLY we're going to need to add more for our Mythic donators as well but let's focus on VIP / Legendary.

Legendary doesn't even have a zone for starters, and i don't think that's even necessary at this point but we need to give it some additional perks etc. I've worked hard to give it additional skins, and then of course it has the completionist bypass, but it's missing one more significant thing that should be added to the rank.

VIP Rank is just an absolute disgrace. Very cool for camping bosses and getting drops, but why is the zone so big and it's only filled with a trading post? Need to add some stalls, and other REAL money making activities that can be done in that location. Maybe some cool interactive things for people to do as well, make the zone worth it. Add additional perks, and maybe capes for VIP / Legendary / Sponsor / Mythic / Youtubers / Staff members.

Yes, I feel as Legendary Donator doesn't have enough to make it worth. From VIP to Legendary the jump is in no way big or that different, all you get from Legendary is Comp I bypass and barrelchest/demonic gorillas in the spawner. And I think VIP is pretty decent as it is, but yeah ::vip zone does need either more spawners or something else that you're suggesting.

1 hour ago, Phenomenon said:

Mythic donator should've never even been a thing

1544627824752.gif

As someone who designed Mythic ground up I take offense 😢 On topic, i've suggested a lot of additional content such as downgrading certain NPC's to VIP to make it more worth it.

• VIP Zone:
    • Demonic Gorilla spawn Legendary ->VIP
    • Brutal dragons spawn VIP+
    • Barrelchest Spawn at ::elite VIP -> Elite, Barrelchest spawn via spawn orb ::legendary -> VIP
    • Rev Ork/Rev Knight added to VIP+
    • Rev Dragons added to Legendary+
  • Mythic Zone:
    • Add 2 cerbs(one at each end) at VIP zone
    • Add 2 cerbs at mythic zone(maybe a better cerb "mythic cerberus" with better loots)
    • Add limited spawns(100 daily) of mythic revenants/dragons into the spawner

Also the thought of having scaling thieving stands based on rank that would give you more rewards the better your donator rank was. Fishing spots is also a great additional feature.

• Elite zone thieving stall - 850K per thieve.
    • Rare chance for BM
  • Vip zone thieving stall - 950K per thieve.
    • Uncommon chance for PvP supplies(1 super combat potion, 1-2 dark crab)
    • Rare chance for BM, bloodlust scrolls
  • Sponsor zone thieving stall - 1.05M per thieve.
    • Uncommon chance for PvP supplies (1-2 super combat potion, 1-2 anglerfish)
  • Mythic zone thieving stall - 1.2M per thieve
    • Uncommon chance for PvP supplies(1 super combat flask, 1-3 anglerfish)
    • Rare chance for BM, Bloodlust scrolls
    • Very rare chance for 100x blood money bag

Will need to boost rogues chest a bit per thieve, to 1.25M gold per thieve or higher.

As for fishing:

VIP zone - Dark Crabs fishing for 3x the cost of wildy dark crab fishing

Sponsor Zone - Dark crab fishing for normal cost of wildy dark crab fishing

Mythic Zone - Anglerfish fishing 

Will need to boost rogues chest a bit per thieve, to 1.25M gold per thieve or higher.

With raids giving VIP+ the ability to spawn potions that can only be used in raids such as the OSRS raid flasks:

Xeric Aid(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Xeric's_aid_(%2B)

Overload(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Overload_(%2B)

Revitalisation(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Revitalisation_(%2B)

Prayer Enhance(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Prayer_enhance_(%2B)

TBH relax with all the drop rate additions to the game. Pvm is meant to be a grind, all these BS items that give you 90% drop rate etc. is bad for the economy and takes the grind out of PVMing. Also please add hotspot to edgepvp and graves. 

2 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

+1 For sure! For someone like me who plays on a toaster (shitty laptop) when there are a ton of people spawning monsters in just 1 stop I lose some serious frame rate. I think spreading it out across would not only help the players who don't have yoshi's (so they don't have to choose the spawn further away option) it would look so much cleaner and less frantic as well. 

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:
Demonic Gorilla spawn Legendary ->VIP

• Brutal dragons spawn VIP+
  • Barrelchest Spawn at ::elite VIP -> Elite, Barrelchest spawn via spawn orb ::legendary -> VIP
  • Rev Ork/Rev Knight added to VIP+
  • Rev Dragons added to Legendary+
  • Mythic Zone:
    • Add 2 cerbs(one at each end) at VIP zone
    • Add 2 cerbs at mythic zone(maybe a better cerb "mythic cerberus" with better loots)
    • Add limited spawns(100 daily) of mythic revenants/dragons into the spawner

Also the thought of having scaling thieving stands based on rank that would give you more rewards the better your donator rank was. Fishing spots is also a great additional feature.

• Elite zone thieving stall - 850K per thieve.
    • Rare chance for BM
  • Vip zone thieving stall - 950K per thieve.
    • Uncommon chance for PvP supplies(1 super combat potion, 1-2 dark crab)
  • Sponsor zone thieving stall - 1.05M per thieve.
    • Uncommon chance for PvP supplies (1-2 super combat potion, 1-2 anglerfish)
  • Mythic zone thieving stall - 1.2M per thieve
    • Uncommon chance for PvP supplies(1 super combat flask, 1-3 anglerfish)
    • Rare chance for BM, Bloodlust scrolls
    • Very rare chance for 100x blood money bag

As for fishing:

VIP zone - Dark Crabs fishing for 3x the cost of wildy dark crab fishing

Sponsor Zone - Dark crab fishing for normal cost of wildy dark crab fishing

Mythic Zone - Anglerfish fishing 

With raids giving VIP+ the ability to spawn potions that can only be used in raids such as the OSRS raid flasks:

Xeric Aid(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Xeric's_aid_(%2B)

Overload(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Overload_(%2B)

Revitalisation(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Revitalisation_(%2B)

Prayer Enhance(+) https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Prayer_enhance_(%2B)

+1 Adding new monsters to the spawner add variety which is always nice although I'd maybe push to keep demonic gorillas legendary+ just cause that can keep anguish's and torture's (especially tortures which are doing really well right now in the eco) stable in the market.

I'd also like to add a suggestion to this as currently all spawner's spawn 6 monsters no matter the donator rank, maybe adding a ladder system could also be a nice change i.e. 6 monters at vip -> 7 at legendary -> 8 at sponsor -> 9 at mythic. 

Firstly, remove the droprate bonus for grand promo items if you’re going to add droprate boosting blessings. You can of course replace the benefits of the grand promo items with other cool benefits (the only ones who’d complain about this are the people who actuall opened these grand promo boxes and own these items).

Secondly, even though I bought my legendary rank because I just liked the look of the rank with the blue diamond, I think it wouldn’t hurt to give this rank some more benefits as it really is just a rank that awaits the convertion of VIP to Sponsor. I suggest;

- adding longer blood lust timers and being able to stack 2 bloodlust scrolls instead of 1(for normal ranks)

- additional bonusses such as doubled pure points (perhaps for a certain time of course)

- having to pay half the price or less to convert blood money into bounty teleport tabs

- 1/5 or 1/10 chance to not use the bounty hunter teleport tab when teleporting to your target

- extra (blood and normal) slayer points and shorter tasks

- free teleports to the rev caves (even though the teleports are dirt cheap)

- a colouring box that makes you able to customize your complitionist cape (Legendary+)

- daily free thieving scroll (for the broke boys)

- 1-5 extra bloodmoney per kill

- slightly higher droprate at the VIP zone (although droprate seems to have become a problem IMO)

- 1/10 or 1/20chance to skip a tier upgrade(2 tiers up instead of 1) by killing a bounty hunter target

- yell tags (not sure if this was meant to only be used by people who spent blood tokens)

Thirdly, either change guardian boots their stats or change their drop rate because they’re a bigass troll drop at the moment.

Edited by _Jorik_

Great idea to give VIP/Legendary donators some decent perks! I do feel like they've been overlooked especially since Mythic rank. What about a boost to blood slayer timers or rewards? Alternatively, perhaps additional BM per kill once you've donated more than $500?

Re. Guardian Boots, your only option is to totally boost the drop rate. These cannot be 'fixed' by making the boots' stats much higher - these will just need to be nerfed at a later date if you do this.

Simply because I know this thread will get a lot of traction, and these are important bugs to fix, I'm going to post this here: 

1) Tzhaar (obsidian) weapons are not all given the damage boost from the berserker necklace as per OSRS. Fixing this would give poorer players (those in spawnables) some alternative weapons to make pking more fun and interesting. Please make sure these boost work additionally with the obsidian armour boost too (again, as per OSRS, and not working properly on this server).

2) Elderblood ring does not work as intended. It affects only blood whip, dbow, staff, cbow, and blood slayer bow. Blood slayer spear and staff don't have the boost as intended. This is a 1.5T ring that does not work as it should and those who have paid through the nose for it are a bit pissed that it's not working properly - it's dead content at the moment really.

3) Amulet of the Damned (t). This amulet's effect on torags is definitely broken - the defence of the wearer goes up way too high. In two fights I only took 17 damage (aside from venom and veng) from my opponent and, more importantly makes the wearer invincible. I don't have any 'proof' that it's broken, but I'm asking if you could re-look over the code, because I'm nearly certain it's not working as intended.

Thanks for reading,

Jimm0

10 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Rogues chest is already 1250k per thieve luls with a pretty decent bm drop.

Rogues chest is nice now.

7 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

Great idea to give VIP/Legendary donators some decent perks! I do feel like they've been overlooked especially since Mythic rank. What about a boost to blood slayer timers or rewards? Alternatively, perhaps additional BM per kill once you've donated more than $500?

Re. Guardian Boots, your only option is to totally boost the drop rate. These cannot be 'fixed' by making the boots' stats much higher - these will just need to be nerfed at a later date if you do this.

Simply because I know this thread will get a lot of traction, and these are important bugs to fix, I'm going to post this here: 

1) Tzhaar (obsidian) weapons are not all given the damage boost from the berserker necklace as per OSRS. Fixing this would give poorer players (those in spawnables) some alternative weapons to make pking more fun and interesting. Please make sure these boost work additionally with the obsidian armour boost too (again, as per OSRS, and not working properly on this server).

2) Elderblood ring does not work as intended. It affects only blood whip, dbow, staff, cbow, and blood slayer bow. Blood slayer spear and staff don't have the boost as intended. This is a 1.5T ring that does not work as it should and those who have paid through the nose for it are a bit pissed that it's not working properly - it's dead content at the moment really.

3) Amulet of the Damned (t). This amulet's effect on torags is definitely broken - the defence of the wearer goes up way too high. In two fights I only took 17 damage (aside from venom and veng) from my opponent and, more importantly makes the wearer invincible. I don't have any 'proof' that it's broken, but I'm asking if you could re-look over the code, because I'm nearly certain it's not working as intended.

Thanks for reading,

Jimm0

and this is pretty much on point

26 minutes ago, Blunt11 said:

Rogues chest is nice now.

and this is pretty much on point

Those are bug fixes not suggestions, pretty much just agreeing with what jimmo said. Thought you were going to contribute lol

4 hours ago, Nonia said:

Rogues chest is already 1250k per thieve luls with a pretty decent bm drop.

Does it? I went and got 1.2m

Just buff guardian boots and make them worth having.

The low stats of the guardian boots should have been thought of beforehand instead of removing PvP treasures for the sake of PvMers