Primal Maul

Loan Item System

I am proposing a loan item system like in pre-eoc. It would work in the trade screen and you would be able to select an item (or items) to loan, usually in exchange for an hourly rate. (The loaned items can not be traded, staked, dropped or skulled with)

The reasons to do this are the following:
A. Would provide positive long term stabilization on the economy (even if it's a small amount anything is good at this point). This is because it will give people a alternative to merching by valuing duplicate items in the bank instead of people dumping duplicate items that they dont need for cheaper and cheaper in the tp by giving them a passive source of income.

B. It will allow loaning items to become easier and more viable without putting the stress on staff to moderate and deal with every loan. 

C. It will allow newer players or players that are trying to make money or rebuild have higher tiered items to use without having to build to hundreds of bills or trills first and players with an excess of high tiered items like fused pets or high tiered pvm gear to loan them out for income.

Cons and ways to balance:

Following point C I could see controversy and concern about giving newer players high tiered items and potentially max gear right off the bat. As a solution i propose to counter this by only allowing any given player to have 2 loaned items on their account or something like this. (maybe like 2 equipped items and 1 pet).

Edited by Primal Maul
Typos

33 minutes ago, Primal Maul said:

A. Would provide positive long term stabilization on the economy (even if it's a small amount anything is good at this point). This is because it will give people a alternative to merching by valuing duplicate items in the bank instead of people dumping duplicate items that they dont need for cheaper and cheaper in the tp by giving them a passive source of income.

Although I am not entirely opposed to the idea I don't really agree with this statement, I believe this could cause a lot of items to crash. For example why would someone work for and buy a fused slayer helmet for 180b (or however much it is on the market currently) when they could just loan one for 3 hours to pvm for a bit then give it back for what a few bill? Nobody would buy high tier items instead we'd see more eco holder's turn off their pms cause they'ed have people in PM's begging saying "its safe now bro, ok or no?" (mostly a joke) 

37 minutes ago, Primal Maul said:

C. It will allow newer players or players that are trying to make money or rebuild have higher tiered items to use without having to build to hundreds of bills or trills first and players with an excess of high tiered items like fused pets or high tiered pvm gear to loan them out for income.

This game is meant to be a grind where you come in starting from scratch (you can spawn some pretty damn good items) and work towards making money. As a new player you can log in and kill undead pker's for 20-30 minutes to get the daily done, do 30 minutes of barrows for the daily and you'd made about 4-5b at least. Sure that doesn't mean that you can afford items that cost trills but it's not extremely hard to work up to either. 

40 minutes ago, Primal Maul said:

Cons and ways to balance:

Following point C I could see controversy and concern about giving newer players high tiered items and potentially max gear right off the bat. As a solution i propose to counter this by only allowing any given player to have 2 loaned items on their account or something like this. (maybe like 2 equipped items and 1 pet).

I think another con to this is this update would highly appeal to those who enjoy chucking their entire bank at ::gamble or ::duel, what I mean by this is someone could simply flower power their entire pvm set that they may have worked towards because maybe some could safely loan them a new T-bow if they lost theirs. Sure it sounds nice but it ruins the value of an item sentimentally which intern can lower the value of the game overall on a personal level.

Maybe I'm overthinking it a bit, as I said before I don't think it would be a terrible system to implement into SpawnPK but I don't agree with your reasoning entirely so I thought I'd share my opinion. :) 

• Thanks 1