Phenomenon

Important bug fixes / changes that need to be made towards Event & New items

4 hours ago, saltysadface said:

That's not accurate, 100% drop rate would make it 1/5k not 50% but I do understand where you're coming from.

Tbf I never raided for profit, I did raids because I enjoyed running with some friends and having a good time with some new content. I have been doing less raids cause of some shit I've been going through IRL causing me to have less focus and motivation to grind. Personally I think the buff that raids got to its common table was overboard simply cause most the time you get pure cash sure it't not a ton but nothing else gives straight cash like raids does. I think that it important that we look at raids as a money maker not "The money maker". With that being said I do agree with you on the statement that more difficult raids are sadly not worth doing. As far as I know I'm the only person who has solo'ed a 150+ and it's not even funny how long it took and i got 200m (before the buff) but I've been discouraged to retry it even after the buff cause I don't want to be disappointed I've wanted to make a topic on it but like I said Irl stuff kinda getting the better of me. 

I really agree with @Kellatha although her comment was a bit sassy, she has a point we gotta relax a bit the buff raids just got you literally make 10x the profit you would have before if not more each chest. Personally I got 151 KC before the buff and sure I wasn't too happy with my loots but I still did them cause I ENJOYED the content all things will be more rewarding if you do them for the fun of it rather than for the profit. I think anymore buffs should be VERY small buffs such as the stuff @Phenomenon mentioned in the beginning at least until we have some people running grandmaster raids cause that's where the "real money" should be.

I wouldn't still be doing them, for the 1.5 weeks now, if I didn't enjoy them. So obviously I think they are fun content. And by no means do I think they should be the best money maker in the game, but without a doubt after the update it's still not that great. You still get 75 bm in total from time to time and pvp boxes are crashing like crazy. Ye pure cash is great i won't deny that.

I have an odd feeling that even grandmaster raids won't really be worth it looking at the upscaling currently. And I feel like it's going to be a few months before someone has finally done 1k.

And when I said people like you started doing less raids I wasn't talking about just you ofcourse. I am definitely not getting the same efficiency levels i did the first few days, and I've heard from some 40-100 kc ppl they either stopped doing them entirely or just did it once in a while, as they thought it wasn't rewarding enough either.

All with all i'm just hoping to see improvements over time

That's not accurate, 100% drop rate would make it 1/5k not 50% but I do understand where you're coming from.

50% drb makes 1/10k go to 1/5k. 100% drop rate means you get the drop 100% of the time, but 100% is not possible on spawnpk as there is a cap.

4 hours ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

50% drb makes 1/10k go to 1/5k. 100% drop rate means you get the drop 100% of the time, but 100% is not possible on spawnpk as there is a cap.

I feel like you're trolling me...

I mean i was at wyrm with a theoretical 95% dr and go no drops lol. 70% +15% house +10% from house.  

1 hour ago, metal justin said:

oof 0.50x10k man

That is true but too simple for something such as drop rate, or at least I assume. I'll try my best to explain it but I didn't code it this is just my theory on drop rate. I think the way you guys are thinking about it would be additive rather than what I believe it is which is multiplicative. For example additive % goes kinda how you're saying 100% would be cap and at 100% you would get all drops possible every time cause that is the cap. multiplicative gets a little more complicated instead it would be something more as 100% = 2x the initial rate being technically the additive = of 50%. I may be like way wrong on this so lemme know what yall think. (also sorry if this is not the right place for this kinda discussion) 

29 minutes ago, saltysadface said:

That is true but too simple for something such as drop rate, or at least I assume. I'll try my best to explain it but I didn't code it this is just my theory on drop rate. I think the way you guys are thinking about it would be additive rather than what I believe it is which is multiplicative. For example additive % goes kinda how you're saying 100% would be cap and at 100% you would get all drops possible every time cause that is the cap. multiplicative gets a little more complicated instead it would be something more as 100% = 2x the initial rate being technically the additive = of 50%. I may be like way wrong on this so lemme know what yall think. (also sorry if this is not the right place for this kinda discussion) 

i know what you mean. drops cant be 100%. if one monster has 3 rares on his drop table, 100% means he should drop all of that in one go, which isn't an option lol

All that I'm trying to say is that this would mean that (theoretically) you could even go above 100%, a probably not correct but maybe simple explanation would be something like if and item is 1/10000 at 200% it would be 1/2500. Then again this may be totally out of the ball park and I'm thinking way too into it. :P  

Edited by saltysadface
grammatical error's

Hang on guys - I think you might be getting confused here.

Having a 100% droprate (let's keep the numbers simple) means you are now twice as likely to get the good drops. 

For example, let's say the drop rate of an item is 1 in 1000. Having a +100% drop rate would make this item dropped (for you) at an improved rate of 1 in 500.

A nice way to think about it is that you are already at '1' i.e. 100%, so any increase in drop rate is added. For example if you are only wearing a cape that grants +10% drop rate means you now have 110%. You are now assumed to get 1.1 in every 1000 kills. This translates to a 1 in 909.090909... 

Really hope that helps everyone out.

• Like 1