Sign in to follow this  
get scoped

Anti-disconnect implementation.

I suggest that a player will be forced teleported to safe zone when they disconnect but the pvp timer still be in place.

This would be absolutely necessary in todays online world  where ddosing is common. It would also help people in locations with bad internet.

13 hours ago, get scoped said:

I suggest that a player will be forced teleported to safe zone when they disconnect but the pvp timer still be in place.

This would be absolutely necessary in todays online world  where ddosing is common. It would also help people in locations with bad internet.

So i can just unplug my router and be teleported safely home? COUNT ME IN!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

So i can just unplug my router and be teleported safely home? COUNT ME IN!

Since when do you enter the wilderness?

I do agree with this. Have some sort of lag/disconnection recognition. 

And in order to teleport you have to be > below 20 wildy and > not teleblocked otherwise it still wont work.

I think the way your internet shuts off when you turn off your router is different from an actual disconnection. Perhaps it can be looked into.

I atleast know of servers that will try to log you out if you do suddenly disconnect.

This is stupid but I don’t blame you as you probably don’t understand how this works.

it is close to impossible to know wether a disconnect was genuine ISP/Server/Pc caused or user caused. Therefore implementing this would cause abuse.

9 hours ago, FP King said:

This is stupid but I don’t blame you as you probably don’t understand how this works.

it is close to impossible to know wether a disconnect was genuine ISP/Server/Pc caused or user caused. Therefore implementing this would cause abuse.

This is true. By our system we wouldn't be able to identify whether it was a DC/DDoS/Router unplugged. In fact, we can only check if it was a server DC which would be very obvious to everyone and we could take action there.

The only people who could prove you got DDoS'd would be your ISP, and even then they would just give you a chart of your connection and a time stamp showing the time your connection got overloaded with packets.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:27 PM, get scoped said:

teleported to safe zone when they disconnect

Excellent idea, its unfair on the Egyptians that their internet is crap and they disconnect all the time.

Thanks 88 and Bsouth for Divines due to dcing.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:10 AM, FP King said:

I actually think this is false, I remember playing on another server where the admins would be able to check the logs to see whether a disconnection was someone pulling the plug out or they actually lost connection. I think this is a good idea that shouldn't be brushed off so easily. Perhaps it could be looked into.