Sign in to follow this  
metal justin

Ranging in melee armour needs to be fixed

Alright so let me be honest. I think PK'ing with a bow in melee armour is the most broken thing in the entire game. Having only a 1 or 2 way switch into your spec weapon, or an elder maul is simply too stupid. You basically 1-2 tick a massive amount of potential damage.

Now I can see some people say "but it becomes less accurate". You're right, the bow does get less accurate and more 0s will show (although not many if you're in f.e torva+viper helm with a zaryte bow).

But even then it's quite irrelevant. All you have to do is wait for that hit prediction to show a 30+ of your bow, switch to the korasi for a 60+ spec combined with the dfs and your dead. You can't see it coming most of the time, as rangers aren't using soulsplit due to rigour. And if they fail the spec they'll just try again. Even an msb into the ags, if you're able to 1 tick it - it can be broken as hell.

Here's what I'd suggest for this pest style of pking; just make melee armour (platebody and platelegs) reduce the amount of ranged strength considerably.

This would for example make the zaryte bow go from a 40+ hit to around 25-30, heavily reducing the maximum amount of Damage they can do in a tick.

it'd force them to wear some actual range armour and bring melee, which for most basic pker's is already much harder to perfectly 1 tick everytime (atleast in comparison to just clicking ur elder maul).

I simply don't fight players with bows anymore because of how retarded it is to die to them. I really wish something would change for it.

https://gyazo.com/d7e312fe6f25652d9d7e2a6aba0b40cb

Added this to strengthen my arguement. See how stupid fast that is? And how high you also hit with melee? This was a 5 zbow, never saw the melee coming. But it could've been a damn 40.

Edited by metal justin
  • Like 1

As someone that uses mostly rng to melee in edge to pk.. +1. You can easily one tick 99+hp third age bow (20+80korasi spec).. never mind zbow which can hit 40+.. Combined with swift abilities this is just insane.

• Like 1

Agreed with a lot of points here. This is easily exploitable and if done right you can be invincible. You can one tick a 40+ into a 80+ ags/rasi thats super accurate and your dead before you know hat even hits you.

Top and bottom stats:

Justiciar range bonus is at -40 w/viper -28 w/ egloves -13

Torva range bonus is at -40 w/ viper -28 w/egloves -13

Primal range bonus is at -40 w/viper -28 w/egloves -13

Statius range bonus is at -28 w/viper -16 w/egloves -3

Vesta range bonus is at -25 w/viper -13 w/egloves +2

Cursed obby bonus is at -17 w/viper -5 w/egloves +10

Bandos range bonus is at -8 w/ viper +4 w/egloves +19

Comp 1 armor bonus is at -3 w/viper +9 w/egloves +24

Those are vital for using max melee with range and a petty -13 range bonus with torva is nothing.

Not to mention pets that can further enhance this like a doppel/mini me,etc. This is dangerous and should get nerfed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Agreed with a lot of points here. This is easily exploitable and if done right you can be invincible. You can one tick a 40+ into a 80+ ags/rasi thats super accurate and your dead before you know hat even hits you.

Top and bottom stats:

Justiciar range bonus is at -40 w/viper -28 w/ egloves -13

Torva range bonus is at -40 w/ viper -28 w/egloves -13

Primal range bonus is at -40 w/viper -28 w/egloves -13

Statius range bonus is at -28 w/viper -16 w/egloves -3

Vesta range bonus is at -25 w/viper -13 w/egloves +2

Cursed obby bonus is at -17 w/viper -5 w/egloves +10

Bandos range bonus is at -8 w/ viper +4 w/egloves +19

Comp 1 armor bonus is at -3 w/viper +9 w/egloves +24

Those are vital for using max melee with range and a petty -13 range bonus with torva is nothing.

Not to mention pets that can further enhance this like a doppel/mini me,etc. This is dangerous and should get nerfed.

Very, very true indeed. If there were to be a significant ranged strength reduction whilst using melee armor it would add so much more to the whole thing. I'm really tired of getting 1 ticked before I even realised for a 90+ stack haha

10 hours ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

As someone that uses mostly rng to melee in edge to pk.. +1. You can easily one tick 99+hp third age bow (20+80korasi spec).. never mind zbow which can hit 40+.. Combined with swift abilities this is just insane.

Thanks for the support. 

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who expierences this.

Lmao edgepking is cancerous let's be real, even if you do heavily nerf this there is just gonna be another overpowered combo down the line, stop touching shit that dosent need to be fixed and do something about this magic bs there is no way you should be splashing 15x plus in max mage bonus on someone in dhides or karils 

12 minutes ago, Morbid said:

Lmao edgepking is cancerous let's be real, even if you do heavily nerf this there is just gonna be another overpowered combo down the line, stop touching shit that dosent need to be fixed and do something about this magic bs there is no way you should be splashing 15x plus in max mage bonus on someone in dhides or karils 

Just because 1 things needs to be adressed doesn't mean every other thing should be shoved under the rug...

Would definitely be balanced, but would also upset many edge pkers.

It's logical and most definitely the way it should be though, not sure why some of these gears barely reduce your range bonuses (if even at all), but i'm keen to see where this goes.

You have my support.

• Like 1

I think reducing the ranged strength when wearing melee armours would be too unlike OSRS. However I definitely think there should be a heavy penalty in range accuracy. This would stop back to back 40s with zbow (which is insane if the player is wearing torva)

1 hour ago, Jimm0 said:

I think reducing the ranged strength when wearing melee armours would be too unlike OSRS. However I definitely think there should be a heavy penalty in range accuracy. This would stop back to back 40s with zbow (which is insane if the player is wearing torva)

Although I kind of agree with what you're saying, just keep in mind this isn't osrs lol. Like we have SO many customs, and our dragon lance spear can hits 90s.

zbow + death pet (of any kind) + lance (add torva etc if u wanna risk high)

you're near unkillable while having a HUGE chance of koing someone

why not just have a hit delay when switching like osrs and literally ever other server, this is the only server i've played that you can stack with range/melee standing 1 tile away... literally the most broken shit ever and i've done about 6k kills just at edge.

You have the option of not fighting players with a bow.

no support, slippery slope that will get everything nerfed to shit

1 hour ago, Big Pee pee said:

You have the option of not fighting players with a bow.

no support, slippery slope that will get everything nerfed to shit

except u dont when they just rag u cuz they know they wont die

5 hours ago, sonny said:

why not just have a hit delay when switching like osrs and literally ever other server, this is the only server i've played that you can stack with range/melee standing 1 tile away... literally the most broken shit ever and i've done about 6k kills just at edge.

this would work for me too

On 3/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, metal justin said:

Although I kind of agree with what you're saying, just keep in mind this isn't osrs lol. Like we have SO many customs, and our dragon lance spear can hits 90s.

zbow + death pet (of any kind) + lance (add torva etc if u wanna risk high)

you're near unkillable while having a HUGE chance of koing someone

Can D Lance hit 90? I thought it was capped to 87?

I get what you're saying too, I just disagree a bit. If you add a negative range strength bonus on armour pieces then you wouldn't be able to rock (for example) torags legs, dhide body, and nezzy helm for a typical range set up (it'd be unfair to make every ranger forced into low-defence range gear only, I think).

What do you think?

3 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

Can D Lance hit 90? I thought it was capped to 87?

I get what you're saying too, I just disagree a bit. If you add a negative range strength bonus on armour pieces then you wouldn't be able to rock (for example) torags legs, dhide body, and nezzy helm for a typical range set up (it'd be unfair to make every ranger forced into low-defence range gear only, I think).

What do you think?

ye i can totally see that. Then again, its just my suggestion for a solution, so im totally fine with some other implementation, as long as it fixes the problem =]

a bigger delay on bow to anything would work for me just as well

14 hours ago, metal justin said:

ye i can totally see that. Then again, its just my suggestion for a solution, so im totally fine with some other implementation, as long as it fixes the problem =]

a bigger delay on bow to anything would work for me just as well

Totally totally, I just want the problem fixed too. Zbow to Melee is way too overpowered. Much prefer people get cool veng combos or anything else.