Phenomenon

More bug fixes for the upcoming update [2/21/19]

BUG FIXES:

• [MINOR] If the player clicks past the web as it is rebuilding itself they can still run through it once it appears. We should aim to make the player stop in their tracks if the web appears as they are running toward it (if they are already through the web then obviously we can't make them stop mid-way). 
  • [MINOR] ❤️ does not show up in yell chat or public chat, you are able to type it but it won't appear in the chatbox.
  • [SIGNIFICANT] Player received 2 epic pet mystery boxes at mythic zone and it got stuck under the orb, i had to go retrieve it - please fix.
  • [MINOR] Death's Accomplice Perk will sometimes activate in your chat-box but it won't actually succeed. Is it possible players can eat through the perk?
  • [MAJOR] Skotizo Pet does not work when using special attacks (could be with melee, but i've noticed it only with range) ...
  • [MINOR] Poison Dragon Arrows do not work with Blood Slayer Bow
  • [MINOR] Redskulled players cannot teleport to a PoH using teleport to house tabs ... 
  • [MINOR] Add toggle to your spellbook to remove the house teleport icon or at least make it so it won't activate... we understand u can lock your house but some players might not want to do that as players like to use it for special attack restores (a more convenient way to get spec without dueling for non-ranks)
  • [MINOR] G Rapier animation is on all types of rapiers, the old rapiers need a revert while G rapier stays the same
  • [MINOR] Fix issue with banking interface staying on your screen when you close out of it too quickly
  • [MINOR] Hydra can be safe spotted behind a tree
  • [MINOR] Elysian Spirit Shield still does not have proper soaking animation from 07, effect fix is nice but it's only half the effort if you don't have animation for it.

SUGGESTIONS:

• G. Rapier still has horrible accuracy, i'd choose a normal tent whip over it tbh... We have frost tentacles that hit VERY consistently and have a max of 52 and it only costs 10B cash, G rapier is 80B+ in the eco, it should in fact be BETTER than the frost tentacle (do not nerf frost tentacle, it's fine the way it is).
  • Add a bank + trading post to VIP zone, players have been demanding it for a while now and it seems fair to do.
  • Add ::ardy for the lever next to the axe huts so you won't have to run all the way from mage bank when you go to restock (if your fight is there), every server has this so it shouldn't be hard to code
  • Add a message similar to BC sword telling that you've successfully disabled their divine to the following pets:
  1. Skotizo Pet
  2. Mystic Dragon (especially if it goes through using TB)
  • Buff Hydra Pet or add a fusion for it - Pet is too weak to stand by itself so changes need to be made.
  • Give mythic ornament kits more use, we understand you can trade it in for 20B cash after you have the melee pieces, but i'm sure players would love that new aesthetic look on cursed void. Obviously, since it makes the item untradable, we'd only do it for the robe top / bottoms and not helmet / gloves / deflector since if you die with it players would obtain mythic items without being mythic
  •  Add more content to Risky Rick
  • Tweak accuracy of crystal halberd

Fix issues with dead clicks once and for all!

https://youtu.be/lBmjLv8NRZM?t=173

https://gyazo.com/939d9f7f3717f22719e963cab3349763

https://gyazo.com/7132d3cdcb0d0bc1e58e11e1d17ab6ea

https://gyazo.com/765c63ecdf0632a9bef57d23d4b720a3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All of this yes. *coughs* Update to voting shop please, lack of votes, add better items, or lower voting reward prices.

Some suggestions of items you could add:

Lava/Frost Whips

A new set be it cosmetic or usable in PvM or PvP obtainable only by voting.

A new pet obtainable only by voting

Some type of PvP based reward like maybe Mysterious emblems?

Drop rate bonus scrolls 5-10%

Vorkath teleports

Skotizo Teleports

A money sink involving voting tickets, like a ticket lottery system or something? or a certain amount of voting tickets donated increases drop rate/blood money for server for 30 mins.

More World boss spawns, maybe a new world boss/a few. More places to pk perhaps

BUFF THE RATES OF STATUETTE DROPS

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Miku said:

All of this yes. *coughs* Update to voting shop please, lack of votes, add better items, or lower voting reward prices.

Some suggestions of items you could add:

Lava/Frost Whips

A new set be it cosmetic or usable in PvM or PvP obtainable only by voting.

A new pet obtainable only by voting

Some type of PvP based reward like maybe Mysterious emblems?

Drop rate bonus scrolls 5-10%

Vorkath teleports

Skotizo Teleports

A money sink involving voting tickets, like a ticket lottery system or something? or a certain amount of voting tickets donated increases drop rate/blood money for server for 30 mins.

More World boss spawns, maybe a new world boss/a few. More places to pk perhaps

BUFF THE RATES OF STATUETTE DROPS

Big support

• Like 1

RETURN THE MB BATS TO BEING AGGRO AS THATS HOW IT IS ON RS. Tevin got this changed because i escaped him solo.

Cap the ethereal elder maul so it doesnt hit 79s.

Edited by telescope

25 minutes ago, telescope said:

RETURN THE MB BATS TO BEING AGGRO AS THATS HOW IT IS ON RS. Tevin got this changed because i escaped him solo.

I don’t think it has better stats than the normal elder maul 

3 hours ago, telescope said:

They were turned unaggressive because bats were hitting 3+ tiles away and hitting through the walls in the lever house. Interfering with kills and potentially letting people go for something that wasn't proper and overlooked (hitting through walls).

I honestly didn't even know they were aggro on RS. I see a lot of youtubers PK and never seen them mention that as a possible escape method for pvmers or hindrance to their pking

5 hours ago, telescope said:

Normal Elder Maul has the same max hit as Ethereal Elder Maul, and even if it does hit higher, it does not need a cap as it was extremely hard to obtain.

Mage Bank Bats are getting re-aggro'd this update, that was a mistake when working on the fact that the bats hit through the mage bank wall (temporary fix)

Oh, and nice "tank" by the way:

ffc3a85538bd6763a8fde2b1019c8fb9.jpg

1 hour ago, Phenomenon said:

Normal Elder Maul has the same max hit as Ethereal Elder Maul, and even if it does hit higher, it does not need a cap as it was extremely hard to obtain.

Mage Bank Bats are getting re-aggro'd this update, that was a mistake when working on the fact that the bats hit through the mage bank wall (temporary fix)

5ff7ae1339636936cce22295612031ac.png
*target intensifies*

Edited by Miku

9 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

ffc3a85538bd6763a8fde2b1019c8fb9.jpg

Why should any weapon hit 79 without it being a special attack? That is actually dumb. Most experienced spawnpk edge pkers camp 80 hp so if you hit even a 5 with gmaul they are dead. How is that normal?
You and i both know i was actually talking about when you skotizod then tbed me TWICE and i escaped using the bats. 
Cute how you try to humiliate me with a completely off topic scenario, especially since it was 25 seconds left on a full tb with 4 people trading specs when i only brought 5 brews. 

Edited by telescope

Fix the preset glitch where if you load a preset with lower levels it overwrites other presets. For example. I load a cb 97 preset that has 87 hp and 94 magic then load a main preset and my main preset only gives me87 hp and 94 magic.This is twice that it has caused me to die, and one of those times is in a screenshot above.

Also, fix the ammo glitch, aka where if you have a max stack of ammo in bank and try to bank your equipped ammo then spawn a different type of ammo, you are still wearing the max stack of ammo. If its not possible, make it a cap that you can ONLY spawn 10k of an item, no more.

There is also a glitch where you can not attack a player under certain conditions. I have witnessed this twice, the first time was at edge and multiple people couldnt attack what looked like a noob. The second time was at rogues, where the player clearly looked like he knew he had done it as he was dancing and doing emotes before we even realised what was going on. I have a video of this player but uploading it to youtube failed for unknown reasons.

Another glitch is where if you red skull, then unskull and go to pk again, the game still treats you as redskulled. This caused my best friend on the game to quit and it has also happened to me when using a shade genie. Luckily i checked my items kept on death, thus confirming my suspicions. I haven't had any issues with this since as i relog after unskulling then skull and unskull again.

You can skull trick players at edge by standing next to bots or other players while your opponent is manually casting spells. I dont know if this should be patched but its dodgy.

Zulrah spawns twice in one instsance.

Pjing is quite an issue in edge. To counter this i reccomend increasing the pj timer. 

Divine spirit shield does not drain prayer  as it should. This would would be a contraversial fix as it allows inexperienced players to survive for rediculous amounts of time in multi combat, for example i achieved 236 killstreak this way. 

Skotizo pet should only be able to be used on a player once within 6 minutes, another contraversial fix however its necessary as being forced to tank for 10 minutes is retarded.

Granite maul spec can be used from any number of squares away.

You can autocast spells using goliaths and a rune pouch and manually casting  spell. 

You can use goliaths stat drain proc by punching in tournament. While this causes you to have to punch for atleast 1 hit, its still unfair.

During a tournament, whoever has the highest hp when the timer hits zero loses goes onto the next round instead of the player who dealt the most damage. This is incorrect and should be based on how much food the players have left.

The hydra safespot looked like it was deliberately made, revert the patch pls.

Edited by telescope
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, telescope said:

Fix the preset glitch where if you load a preset with lower levels it overwrites other presets. For example. I load a cb 97 preset that has 87 hp and 94 magic then load a main preset and my main preset only gives me87 hp and 94 magic.This is twice that it has caused me to die, and one of those times is in a screenshot above.

Also, fix the ammo glitch, aka where if you have a max stack of ammo in bank and try to bank your equipped ammo then spawn a different type of ammo, you are still wearing the max stack of ammo. If its not possible, make it a cap that you can ONLY spawn 10k of an item, no more.

Noting these two bugs to Ryan

There is also a glitch where you can not attack a player under certain conditions. I have witnessed this twice, the first time was at edge and multiple people couldnt attack what looked like a noob. The second time was at rogues, where the player clearly looked like he knew he had done it as he was dancing and doing emotes before we even realised what was going on. I have a video of this player but uploading it to youtube failed for unknown reasons.

This is due to the player's IP address not being recognized, they must enter their PIN before you can attack them (and vise versa) - While some may be concerned that this can easily be abused by turning on a VPN, that would be highly unlikely because they have to be out of combat to sign out, otherwise, they would just die. Also if anyone were to ever abuse it they'd surely get punished quickly by staff.

Another glitch is where if you red skull, then unskull and go to pk again, the game still treats you as redskulled. This caused my best friend on the game to quit and it has also happened to me when using a shade genie. Luckily i checked my items kept on death, thus confirming my suspicions. I haven't had any issues with this since as i relog after unskulling then skull and unskull again.

Going to test this actually, did not know this was a thing.

Zulrah spawns twice in one instsance.

Noticed this for a while, needs a fix

Pjing is quite an issue in edge. To counter this i reccomend increasing the pj timer. 

Neutral on this, but if we were to increase it, it should only be for edgeviille (deep wilderness PJ timer is currently too long as it is)

Divine spirit shield does not drain prayer  as it should. This would would be a contraversial fix as it allows inexperienced players to survive for rediculous amounts of time in multi combat, for example i achieved 236 killstreak this way. 

I'm all for it draining prayer, +1

Skotizo pet should only be able to be used on a player once within 6 minutes, another contraversial fix however its necessary as being forced to tank for 10 minutes is retarded

Big -1, seems biased because you died in a fall in with skotizo pet being a prime suspect.

Granite maul spec can be used from any number of squares away.

No comment, will explore it though.

You can autocast spells using goliaths and a rune pouch and manually casting  spell. 

You can use goliaths stat drain proc by punching in tournament. While this causes you to have to punch for atleast 1 hit, its still unfair.

Noted

During a tournament, whoever has the highest hp when the timer hits zero loses goes onto the next round instead of the player who dealt the most damage. This is incorrect and should be based on how much food the players have left.

Big time note

The hydra safespot looked like it was deliberately made, revert the patch pls.

I lost you at revert the patch, but yes i agree Hydra should not be safe-spotted (if this is what you were implying).

Great stuff man

Why should any weapon hit 79 without it being a special attack? That is actually dumb. Most experienced spawnpk edge pkers camp 80 hp so if you hit even a 5 with gmaul they are dead. How is that normal?

Barrelchest Maul base hit (less than or equal to 1.5B):

db4224a1b43884876024724f07729911.png

Dragon Hunter's Lance (no-special attack):

ddba5d87047956150e6014111c65b98f.png

Sun Spear (no-special attack):

1270547039a1da9c5a47847dfdf24c49.png

Scythe Of Vitur (PvM weapon):

526045c5fecf9944d24bf087c8a6095b.png

3rd Age Longsword (less than or equal to 400M):

1e8a88e0724c21936f8f512900dd7ab4.png

Elder Maul, one of the best weapons in the game and is a raids item (over 30B in price and usually is way more than that):

1e932332f835dfe731ea72c1bc1eeefb.png

Seems pretty balanced to me mate.

7 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

Noting these two bugs to Ryan

This is due to the player's IP address not being recognized, they must enter their PIN before you can attack them (and vise versa) - While some may be concerned that this can easily be abused by turning on a VPN, that would be highly unlikely because they have to be out of combat to sign out, otherwise, they would just die. Also if anyone were to ever abuse it they'd surely get punished quickly by staff.

Going to test this actually, did not know this was a thing.

Noticed this for a while, needs a fix

Neutral on this, but if we were to increase it, it should only be for edgeviille (deep wilderness PJ timer is currently too long as it is)

I'm all for it draining prayer, +1

Big -1, seems biased because you died in a fall in with skotizo pet being a prime suspect.

No comment, will explore it though.

Noted

Big time note

I lost you at revert the patch, but yes i agree Hydra should not be safe-spotted (if this is what you were implying).

Great stuff man

You were the one who mentioned the gmaul glitch :p
Also, skotizo being unlimited teleblocks is rediculous, why is that a thing. It wasnt a fall in, it was just you when you used it.
The red skull glitch is rare but it still happens, not sure what triggeres it.
They updated the hydra safespot to no longer work, even though it looked as if it was deliberately made to be safe spotted, as the rest of the bosses are. 
Interesting that you can teleport to locations without entering pin, however in the footage it shows him moving which is impossible without entering pin.

Edited by telescope

3 hours ago, telescope said:

You were the one who mentioned the gmaul glitch 😛
Also, skotizo being unlimited teleblocks is rediculous, why is that a thing. It wasnt a fall in, it was just you when you used it.
The red skull glitch is rare but it still happens, not sure what triggeres it.
They updated the hydra safespot to no longer work, even though it looked as if it was deliberately made to be safe spotted, as the rest of the bosses are. 
Interesting that you can teleport to locations without entering pin, however in the footage it shows him moving which is impossible without entering pin.

Regarding the skotizo pet; since aliens exist on spawnpk, skotizo pets (with the effects it currently has) should be able to exist too as the skotizo pet doesn’t enable your teleportation options fully. You can still teleport away at level 20 and use any levers like on OSRS, nothing buggy about that.

Edited by _Jorik_

1 hour ago, _Jorik_ said:

Regarding the skotizo pet; since aliens exist on spawnpk, skotizo pets (with the effects it currently has) should be able to exist too as the skotizo pet doesn’t enable your teleportation options fully. You can still teleport away at level 20 and use any levers like on OSRS, nothing buggy about that.

But you can just get speared off lever then frozen again for 20 seconds and re tbed within that time.

27 minutes ago, telescope said:

But you can just get speared off lever then frozen again for 20 seconds and re tbed within that time.

Ok but then you’ll need to have a very good timed fall in. For you to get speared then frozen right after doesn’t always work out well.

50 minutes ago, telescope said:

For that youd need the best spear artist ingame - me                                                                      i think

1 hour ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Kodai protection value needs to be fixed. It is currently protecting over divine which has more value.

Notified Ryan :D 

48fffdfa6f464deca2ebadbf2428d34a.png

Editted: My bad a diff server was displayed LOL

Small Bug when demonic gorillas are using protection prayers, They dont count as an NPC therefore have no drop table.

Edited by Miku
  • Thanks 1

Additional finds:

• Improper max hit dummy readings (max hit was a 77 with the pet, but 79 without? Multiple tests performed and the numbers change): https://gyazo.com/733a2ee89a2896578f95cc3d6948edd9
  • Byropytha's staff does not appear in the loadout system
  • Guthix Staff (i) does not appear in the loadout system
  • Saradomin Staff (i) does not appear in the loadout system
  • Zamorak Staff (i) does not appear in the loadout system
  • Tome Of Frost (i) does not appear in the loadout system
  • Tome Of Fire (i) does not appear in the loadout system
  • All orb types from risky rick appear in the loadout system as the same color (no big deal, as you usually carry only one anyways)
  • Dusk Mystic Hat does not appear in the loadout system
  • Dusk Mystic Top does not appear in the loadout system
  • Dusk Mystic Bottoms does not appear in the loadout system
  • Mystic Dragon Pet does not appear in the loadout system [ALSO NOT IN PET SLOT]
  • Unholy Hawk pet does not appear in the loadout system [ALSO NOT IN PET SLOT]

These were the ones i managed to find and test out for myself, they seem to follow a trend of all of them being items from new updates, so it's safe to assume the following are also bugged:

- Dark Mystic Infinity Hat

- Dark Mystic Infinity Top

- Dark Mystic Infinity Bottoms