Sean

Can't open JAR Files? READ THIS.

If you're having problems when opening Java files, following this easy guide might just help get them to run.

This will only work if you have your Environment variables set up, plus this will only fix if you don't get any error messages, but just get the 'busy' cursor and the jar file doesn't run.

This guide is for Windows 8, however it would be similar on other Windows versions, not sure about Mac/Linux.

Please only use this as a last resort, as aforementioned, this won't fix every problem.

1: Go to finder/My computer.

2: Go to view, options, then 'Change folder and search options'

bd7ce2d5b5cd481f20ff55566857682c.png

7d17c60515e0e035a5157b93c15e5cbc.png

3: You should see the window 'Folder Options', under that go to 'view' then 'Hide extensions for known file types.' Make sure that the box is un-ticked.

78a2a8314e1740aefc3d0f51fef65763.png

4: Make a new text file, then re-name it "putnamehere".bat. This will be used for launching the jar file.

5: Right click and select 'edit, then copy and paste this into it: java -jar *NameOfJarFileHere*.jar Enter the name of your Java file as appropriate. Then save the bat file and close.

6: FINALLY run the bat file by double clicking. This should open the Java file!

hWuj0dx.png

Hopefully this will be useful for someone, worked for me anyway so I thought I'd share.