Sign in to follow this  
Micro shade4

New Pet Suggestion + Vorkath Style bosses

Random thoughts tell me what you think.

We should make a Pack-yak Spawnpk style.

- Will have a set amount of inventory in which it can carry food/loot

- If you have items in it and die to a player or monster in wilderness your items will drop. 

- If you have items in it and die in a safe zone your items will stay in the pets inventory.

-If you pick up the pet in wilderness while it has items in it, the items will drop.

-If you pick up the pet in a safe zone while it has items in it, the items will be banked.

Not sure if it should have a secondary effect, but for now it can be a normal epic pet.

^would open up new fusion possibilities. 

Along with this pet it would be cool to see more bosses like Vorkath

And by that i mean Bosses that can't be camped for days on one inventory and require you to pay attention in return for a chance at good loot.

Either in wilderness or safe zone, as long as it is semi difficult like Vorkath. This would make great use for a Pack-yak like pet, and would be a lot of fun to grind out.

As much as i would LOVE to see Pak Yaks on SpawnPK, i don't think it (or any variation of it) would be good for SpawnPK.

• We already have flasks, which can put non-donators at a major disadvantage in terms of longevity of the fights (flasks give 6 doses over 4 doses).
  • Adding a Pak-Yak would definitely make it pay to win, because god only knows what people would pack in there.
  • Even if it's just rocktails and not saradomin brew flask (6)'s, it's still a big, unfair advantage for new players.

As i said, this is a non-biased statement (i'm one of the richest in game, it's not like i can't afford it) I just truly believe it would break the balance on SpawnPK even more than it already is (however, Ryan has been working very hard to fix this so i'm content with where we are right now).

Gotta -1 this one unfortunately

27 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

As much as i would LOVE to see Pak Yaks on SpawnPK, i don't think it (or any variation of it) would be good for SpawnPK.

• We already have flasks, which can put non-donators at a major disadvantage in terms of longevity of the fights (flasks give 6 doses over 4 doses).
  • Adding a Pak-Yak would definitely make it pay to win, because god only knows what people would pack in there.
  • Even if it's just rocktails and not saradomin brew flask (6)'s, it's still a big, unfair advantage for new players.

As i said, this is a non-biased statement (i'm one of the richest in game, it's not like i can't afford it) I just truly believe it would break SpawnPK even more than it already is (however, Ryan has been working very hard to fix this so i'm content with where we are right now).

Gotta -1 this one unfortunately

Yeah i can see it being very overpowered, i guess i was looking at it from a pvmers point of view. although i do want to see something along the lines of a pack yak if it can be worked out to not be overpowered. Any ideas are welcome.

but i still do want more bosses like vorkath. not gonna lie doing vorkath is alot of fun.

You can twist this suggestion to make it work, so more people are motivated to PvM at Vorkath (since it's dead content now). I think you can twist it by adding a blood perk that costs maybe 5000 Blood money, which allows you to spawn a Yak Pack Scroll upon entry of Vorkath. But the only way I see this working is if the Yak pak is limited to vorkath use only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micro shade4 said:

Yeah i can see it being very overpowered, i guess i was looking at it from a pvmers point of view. although i do want to see something along the lines of a pack yak if it can be worked out to not be overpowered. Any ideas are welcome.

but i still do want more bosses like vorkath. not gonna lie doing vorkath is alot of fun.

Pak Yak for PvM purposes only is a +1 for sure, just not everywhere.

I'd say you have to be in an instanced area such as:

• Zulrah (and have it re-spawn instead of 1 per trip)
  • Abyssal Sire (and have it re-spawn instead of 1 per trip)
  • Vorkath is a bit iffy because Vorkath teleports are good for the eco, so i'd so no for Vorkath

Additionally, zones like V.I.P. / Sponsor Zone you can have them in there as well.

I mean, who wouldn't want this cute thing following you around?

6ugc4veFjRIL7zeg4o0XoTbEkaG2921xhHwtsWea

4 hours ago, Micro shade4 said:

semi difficult like Vorkath.

semi difficult

semi 

Not sure if you were joking but Vorkath is the hardest boss on here. "Semi" wouldn't be a fit term for it, it's a hard boss that takes both effort and coordination to kill which 95% of other bosses don't have. Given it has different attack stages along with the entire possibility you die in one shot if you mess up.

3 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

6ugc4veFjRIL7zeg4o0XoTbEkaG2921xhHwtsWea

Furthermore adding to the Yak debate, we have a looting bag that does some of what you guys want done via a Yak. If im not mistaken, Runex has different variations of looting bags that have different abilities. That could always be ported here, although since the base looting bag lets you store and we have yoshi that auto banks here, there wouldn't be much that we could add without making it OP as Tevin mentioned.

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

Not sure if you were joking but Vorkath is the hardest boss on here. "Semi" wouldn't be a fit term for it, it's a hard boss that takes both effort and coordination to kill which 95% of other bosses don't have. Given it has different attack stages along with the entire possibility you die in one shot if you mess up.

Furthermore adding to the Yak debate, we have a looting bag that does some of what you guys want done via a Yak. If im not mistaken, Runex has different variations of looting bags that have different abilities. That could always be ported here, although since the base looting bag lets you store and we have yoshi that auto banks here, there wouldn't be much that we could add without making it OP as Tevin mentioned.

I don't find vorkath that hard after doing it a couple times that's why I put semi difficult. And I forgot looting bag was a thing, I guess not alot of players use it.

I haven't played runex in over a year, but the looting bags with abilities sound very interesting and I like that alot better then a pack yak idea.

But if pack yak was a thing I want it to look like the one above hahaha

Edited by Micro shade4
Spelling