The Summoner

F2P Tournament is unfair

Hello!

I recently participated in a F2P tournament and I fought someone who was following me since the beginning of the fight, so basically he was glued to me all the time. He kept camping rune scimitar so he had a high attack speed.
In a F2P Tournament you fight with no defense stats so this made him able to attack 20's constantly.
This also made me being unable to counter anything. This tactic is very effective, but unfair and takes away all the joy. 

What I'm suggesting is that we shouldn't be able to follow our opponents anymore, now you have the option to run away and start a shortbow to rune2h combo or confuse your opponent with what you're going to do. You can easily win every F2P tournament if you're using this "follow" tactic. And guess what, the guy using this method actually won the tournament.
If there was combo eating available this camp issue could possibly be solved, you'd be able to out heal your oppenent and start smashing on their hp bar. But then it wouldn't be a F2P Tournament anymore.

I hope this will be seen as a problem and that is going to be looked at, this method is basicly a farming method for tournaments, everyone should be having equal chances of winning a tournament.

Thanks for reading!

If it's a farming method, everyone will start using it, thereby levelling the playing field. Even if it's not skillful, it shouldn't be removed imo

Every tournament (excluding the Hybrid / NH ones) usually result in RNG, which is completely random.

• In short, sometimes players will get lucky and hit ridiculously high while your hits are ridiculously low.
  • While i agree that it's absurd, nothing can be done about it because that is the basic mechanics of the game itself.

The best advice i can give you is to try your best but don't take it too personally if you get screwed over by bad RNG.

If you really want to show off your skill, participate in NH / Hybrid tournaments and do the right things such as proper timing with armor switches / f3 and take 1st place.

Everyone does start out the same, with the exact gear and number of food. If he won, then he is either A: More skilled than you, or B: Used a better tactic to beat you.

I think y'all have to experience this method being used against you before you actually understand where I'm coming from

But from now on, LETS CAMP THE SCIMMY'S BOY'S! Time to make bank 

2 hours ago, The Summoner said:

I think y'all have to experience this method being used against you before you actually understand where I'm coming from

But from now on, LETS CAMP THE SCIMMY'S BOY'S! Time to make bank 

Lol, this is actually funny because i've won 3 f2p tourneys so far and i can tell you that either you're not eating properly or you actually suck at timing your bow to r2h combo.

Smh rune scimitar in comparison to the maple shortbow you use in the tournament is much more inaccurate than the bow so if you camp the d scimitar you will most likely not get out dps’d. On top of that there’s also the fact that the maple shortbow on rapid fire (3 ticks/1.8 seconds) is 1 tick faster than the rune scimitar (4 ticks/2.4 seconds) so that proves with 2 reasons you can conclude you should naturally win a f2p outlast fight when using the bow rather than the scimitar.

Edited by _Jorik_
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, _Jorik_ said:

Smh rune scimitar in comparison to the maple shortbow you use in the tournament is much more inaccurate than the bow so if you camp the d scimitar you will most likely not get out dps’d. On top of that there’s also the fact that the maple shortbow on rapid fire (3 ticks/1.8 seconds) is 1 tick faster than the rune scimitar (4 ticks/2.4 seconds) so that proves with 2 reasons you can conclude you should naturally win a f2p outlast fight when using the bow rather than the scimitar.

^This