Hooke V2

OSRS Revenant Caves (but different)

Revenant Caves

As I've noticed, the revenant caves have been lacking action lately. The only people you will find there are AFKers with a yoshi waiting for that prizekey. Other than that there is no much PKing action going on there nowadays since the hotspot has been changed to Rogue's Chest, therefor I'd like to suggest replacing the existent revenant caves with the OSRS revenant caves. These caves can introduce NPCs from RuneX to keep the caves interesting.

d4330f8887c845ffafbb1b81b5a268f9.png

Revenant Caves in OSRS

Ofcourse some of the NPCs in the cave have to be changed in order to fit SpawnPK, therefor I will suggest an NPC/activity per section.

e7253345093e987c7d8d191ca2edecd0.png

Let's get started on how I envision the revenants in the cave to work.

The general drops as they are in OSRS will not work for SpawnPK, therefor I'd like to suggest letting the revenants have a droptable somewhere along the lines of:

No 100% chance to roll on the droptable, chance to roll on the droptable is scaled with the NPCs level

Common (1/1): Coins (2M - 3M)
Common (1/1): Blood Money (2-3)
Common (1/1): Revenant Ether - X / 3, (X = NPC level)

Common (1/5):  Noted: Super Combat Potion (4) (1-3)
Common (1/5): Noted: Stamina Potion (4) (1-3)
Common (1/5): Noted: Anti Venom (4) (1-2)
Common (1/10): Special Restore (4) (1)

Uncommon: Bracelet of Ethereum (1/45)*
Uncommon: Point Mystery Box (1/50)

Rare: PvP Mystery Box (1/500)

Very Rare: Prize Key (1/2500)

The bracelet of ethereum is a bracelet that will need to be charged with revenant ether, and upon charging it will provide you immunity from the attacks of the revenants, these bracelets will be auto-lost.

Ultra Rare (1/3500): Craw's Bow

latest?cb=20180727032853

The effects the Craw's Bow would be the same as they are in OSRS with the exception of a 15% damage boost outside of the wilderness. The rest of it's properties should remain the same, the properties are as follows:

'When Craw's Bow is charged with revenant ether, an additional 50% ranged accuracy and damage boost is applied when attacking ANY NPC in the Wilderness, consuming 1 ether per attack whether the player hits or not. The bow's effect stack with the slayer helmet.'

This would result in the bow being the best ranged weapon to use in the wilderness, it would even out-DPS a Twisted Bow. Even though it might seem overpowered, keep in mind that it would only have a 50% damage boost inside the wilderness.

The bow should be a viable option in PKing but it should not be the BIS bow for player killing, therefor I would suggest the stats to be better than a 3rd Age Bow, but on par with the Zaryte Bow damage wise. Nevertheless, I would like to see it's special effect have the same effect as the 3rd age bow, to not make a copy of the Zaryte Bow. 

Since ether is required to fire the bow, I would suggest something like a 20% chance to ignore Protect for Range upon using the bow, to not make the Zaryte Bow way better in PvP situations.

Ultra Rare (1/3500): Vigora's Chainmace

latest?cb=20180806121724

The effects of Viggora's Chainmace would harbor the same as they are in OSRS with the exception of a 15% damage boost outside of the wilderness. The rest of it's properties should remain the same, the properties are as follows:

'When Viggora's Chainmace is charged with revenant ether, an additional 50% melee accuracy and damage boost is applied when attacking ANY NPC in the Wilderness, consuming 1 ether per attack whether the player hits or not. The bow's effect stack with the slayer helmet.'

I understand that this weapon would only be good to use on revenants in the state as mentioned above, therefor I'd like to add an effect to the mace that would only occur in PvP combat. The mace would hold the same stats as the Dragon Scimitar (or), and it would have a 25% chance to smite the opponent for 1/6th of what you hit on them, it's special attack would resemble the special attack of the ancient mace, but instead of taking 100% special, it should only take 75% special to use.

Ultra Rare (1/3500): Thammaron's Sceptre

latest?cb=20180727032852

Thammaron's Sceptre isn't used a whole lot in OSRS, but it's effect would have a huge impact on doing Mage Bank on SpawnPK, therefor the effect it has in the wilderness seems balanced for the server, which reads as the following:

'When Thammaron's sceptre is charged with revenant ether, an additional 100% magic accuracy and 25% magic damage boost is applied when attacking any NPC in the wilderness, consuming 1 ether per attack whether the player hits or not. This effect will stack with the slayer helmet.'

For PvP I would suggest a 15% magic damage boost (Toxic Staff of the Dead has 10%) and a 25% magic accuracy, this staff would not be able to cast Ancient Spells.

That sums up how I would like to see the revenant part of the game to work, let's continue to other sections of the cave.

Crimson Cave Swifts

7998e31b73f7ffbb973098999c6480d8.png

This is me trying to find a use for the useless skills (which is actually all of them) we have in SpawnPK.

Crimson Cave Swifts are a type of bird that can only be caught by buying a 'Reinforced Bird Snare', this special kind of bird snare can be bought for 25 blood money at the blood money store, upon death these bird snares will be auto-lost, and they will grant the PKer with 10 blood money for each bird snare in the victims inventory.

Upon successfully catching a Crimson Swift, you will get 5-10 fierce feathers and you will suffer from a 30 second teleport block because the birds screeches prevent your ability to teleport, this teleblock effect would make it so even if you have an alien, a bit of skill might still be involved upon an unfriendly encounter with a PKer. At the magic chest next to Mandrith, you can exchange 7500 of these feathers for a Molten Chompy Hat (as seen in RuneX).

bdbef519766ae2d90848d2bb77d13367.png

This molten chompy hat would have +16 range attack bonus, and 7 range strength bonus, but around +30 in the defensive department. This would make the Molten Chompy Hat better than the Viper Helmet offensive wise, but worse defensive wise and it does not grant venom immunity and does not venom your opponent.

This hat will not be autokeep

In order to give agility a use, a teleport portal north of the Crimson Swifts would be introduced in the blue square below.

5d21fb1ce2cfd644d16244cedb2406ac.png

The agility shortcut will only be available for people with 99 agility, if you don't have 99 agility, you have to tank a little longer.

Thermonuclear Smoke Devil

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thermonuclear smoke devil

The Thermonuclear Smoke Devil would be the newest addition to the bossing roster, and it would be located at the following position:

8975c126071b7184474cdf28938985df.png

The thermonuclear smoke devil will be exclusive to the revenant cave and would harbor the following droptable:

Common (1/1): Coins 5-10
Common (1/1): Blood money 3 - 5

Common (1/15): Point Mystery Box (1)
Common (1/15): Revenant ether (150)

Uncommon (1/75): Small Revenant Box *(1)
Uncommon (1/35): Bracelet of Ethereum

Rare (1/250): Occult Necklace 
Rare (1/500): Big Revenant Box *(2)

Ultra Rare: Smoke Battlestaff *(3)
Ultra Rare: Thermonuclear SmokeDevil Pet *(4)

(1) The small revenant box would grant you a free roll on the drop table of the revenants.

(2) The big revenant box would give you 10 free rolls on the drop table of the revenants

(3) The Smoke Battlestaff would provide 25% more damage on fire spells

(4) For the Thermonuclear Smoke Devil Pet I couldn't quite come up with fitting effects, perhaps it could work as a bracelet of ethereum
and increase the feathers you get upon catching the crimson swifts with 50%, but please leave your suggestions.

The boss would not be AFK-able, since praying versus it will only reduce damage done to you by 40%.

On that note I would like to round it up, I know not even half of the revenant caves will be filled with this content, this part will: 

4dfdf216d8265b14fd75d0f486982604.png

But considering our playercount, it would be in the best interest of the server to not use the entire revenants cave immediately, as this would kill any other wilderness content.

Yours sincerely,

Hooke V2

-1 custom chompy bird hat, insanely OP

-1 on small rev box, free rolls at the rev drop table? no bueno

-1 on big rev box, 10 free rolls? So essentially thats a chance for one possibly several of the new weapons in a box? no bueno.

Might be better to have "Mystery revenant ether boxes" and give random amounts of ether. 

Also all the effects of the wildy weapons should be severely reduced. We have slayer helms with 25/35% damage boosts and tekton pets that give 10% damage boosts, thats 45% damage boost, plus another 50%? Revenant ether will be dirt cheap and will probably be worth way more to use these weapons than the small fee it will cost to make them. In PvP they should be fine given if they die whatever rev ether gets dropped on death.

Nicely made suggestion post, and I believe most of this is on it's way. Not sure how Ryan is going to fiddle around and bring it in though.

7 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

-1 custom chompy bird hat, insanely OP

-1 on small rev box, free rolls at the rev drop table? no bueno

-1 on big rev box, 10 free rolls? So essentially thats a chance for one possibly several of the new weapons in a box? no bueno.

Might be better to have "Mystery revenant ether boxes" and give random amounts of ether. 

Also all the effects of the wildy weapons should be severely reduced. We have slayer helms with 25/35% damage boosts and tekton pets that give 10% damage boosts, thats 45% damage boost, plus another 50%? Revenant ether will be dirt cheap and will probably be worth way more to use these weapons than the small fee it will cost to make them. In PvP they should be fine given if they die whatever rev ether gets dropped on death.

Nicely made suggestion post, and I believe most of this is on it's way. Not sure how Ryan is going to fiddle around and bring it in though.

How is the custom chompy bird hat op and the viper helmet isn't? Chompy hat has way less defensive bonusses and not the ability to venom, it's basically a glass cannon hat.

If the boss his difficulty is scaled well enough, rolls on the droptable of the revenants wouldn't be so bad imo, take a look at the droprate, in theory if you have the max drop bonus you will only get a small box once every 50 kills, you think that in 50 boss kills, you wouldn't have been able to roll once on the droptable of a revenant if you were killing them? Same goes for the big box, 10x roles in 1/350 chance with max droprate bonus. Doesn't seem OP to me, getting another boss with only coins/blood money/point boxes would be terribly boring. Keeping the same line of attack heading towards updates will make the game more dull, and about the new weapons, they only work in the wilderness, and you need to charge them with 1000 ether as in OSRS, upon death you will lose all of this ether, all of the drops of the revenantst can be modified ofcourse, and so can their health. I don't expect them to have osrs health since that would be way too easy. 

Also keeping in mind that a lot of pkers will roam the revenants, and if they weapons are 1/3500 (Prize key now is 1/2500) and cannot be afked, there won't be a large influx of these weapons.

1 hour ago, Hooke V2 said:

The boss would not be AFK-able, since praying versus it will only reduce damage done to you by 40%.

I hope you know the 40% applies on PvP situations. Not PvM, including wilderness.

4 minutes ago, Mr Nuggeteer said:

I hope you know the 40% applies on PvP situations. Not PvM, including wilderness.

I know, but I would like to see it applied on this boss as well.

items added should be played around with so another game breaking item won't come into play, but revamping the rev caves an adding more content to it def. a +1. very neatly done suggestion aswell +2 =-p

Imo this is a good topic however again focuses on the PvmM side with a bit of PvP, but all things considered +1.