Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Mouse problems / New mouse?

So basically been having a problem with my Microsoft wireless mouse now for the past few weeks where not all clicks register.. So like I could be clicking on something and nothing will happen until the 3rd or 4th click or even longer.

Sometimes it works fine, others it's a nightmare..

The mouse is fairly old so I'm guessing that could be the problem?

If anyone knows how I can fix this please let me know, if not feel free to recommend me a new mouse (not expensive just something that will allow me to play without worrying about my mouse lol)

@Sean Judging by what's called "dead clicks", IMO it's probably the driver's for your mouse, they were either installed improperly or are corrupt in some way. You may have to reinstall the driver's.

It might not even be fixable doing the above, mice are only good for so many clicks, they also get hardware rot like any piece of tech. I'd recommend buying a $5 dollar mouse and using it until you can save/decide on something else (if you want to, it's also nice to have a backup). You don't need a fancy gaming mouse to play Runescape/99.9% of games, a lot of pro gamer's became pros while using cheap mice. If you do need a cheap gaming mouse I would recommend the Redragon M601 from Amazon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Y I P K U said:

@Sean Judging by what's called "dead clicks", IMO it's probably the driver's for your mouse, they were either installed improperly or are corrupt in some way. You may have to reinstall the driver's.

It might not even be fixable doing the above, mice are only good for so many clicks, they also get hardware rot like any piece of tech. I'd recommend buying a $5 dollar mouse and using it until you can save/decide on something else (if you want to, it's also nice to have a backup). You don't need a fancy gaming mouse to play Runescape/99.9% of games, a lot of pro gamer's became pros while using cheap mice. If you do need a cheap gaming mouse I would recommend the Redragon M601 from Amazon.

Thanks for the response mate, yeah I tried reinstalling the drivers and it didn't do anything. I've just looked up the Redragon M601 looks nice mate but it's out-of-stock currently :( Do you know of any others? (Also maybe wireless ones)

52 minutes ago, Sean said:

Thanks for the response mate, yeah I tried reinstalling the drivers and it didn't do anything. I've just looked up the Redragon M601 looks nice mate but it's out-of-stock currently :( Do you know of any others? (Also maybe wireless ones)

@Sean

If you really need a wireless, I would get the Logitech M185.

Personally I don't like any wireless mice.

• Like 1

I'd double check the actual wireless receiver. Just make sure nothing's wrong with it and that it's being inserted properly. I had a wireless mouse ages ago and the plastic bit at the top actually slid down ever so slightly and decreased the overall accuracy and performance of the mouse. If not that i'd definitely recommend getting a wired mouse, they're a pain in the ass but the overall performance/cost/connection of a wireless mouse just can't compare to a wired one. You can find super cheap ones on Amazon just pay attention to the DPI and overall quality of the mouse as you don't want some plastic junk haha.

Wish you the best of luck on your search for a new mouse/possibly fixing your current one!

• Like 1

If you want a really nice mouse take a look at the logitech g403.

If you are spending atleast a few hours on average a day at your pc, then try to buy a good quality instead of a cheap mouse because it is a lot better for your wrist and hands on long term usage.

• Like 1