Sign in to follow this  
dharokdakoz

Voting

This server is great, and huge, and noone votes. I’ve voted once got four vote tickets and random junk thats sitting in my bank, and I’ve never voted again. Voting isn’t hard, its just not worth it for 75% of the playerbase. 

The vote reward system needs to be completely revamped. It’s only beneficial for first week players basically.

The goal of the voting reward system is to get as many total votes as possible with the influx of new players due to voting outweighing the negative effects of the reward on the economy.

The current bond system for top weekly voters is a step in the right direction, but I believe it’s approaching the situation wrong.

Consistency is what needs to be encouraged, not oh I have to vote this week.

Options: 

Option 1. Daily benefits based on a players level of the game should be the rewards for voting. For example, in order to get the wealthier player to vote make it so that if you voted today you can repair specific autokept items on death for free I would say the amulet (or)s and not cursed obsidian to keep pking fair.

Another option is that if you voted today drop rates increase 5%. It could even be a specific monster that depends based on the day. If you vote u get a random monster which has a drop rate increase that day. Maybe make it possible to get a 50% increase but like a 1% chance to get even the trillionares get excited for their vorkath trips

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dharokdakoz said:

Option 1. Daily benefits based on a players level of the game should be the rewards for voting. For example, in order to get the wealthier player to vote make it so that if you voted today you can repair specific autokept items on death for free I would say the amulet (or)s and not cursed obsidian to keep pking fair.

Another option is that if you voted today drop rates increase 5%. It could even be a specific monster that depends based on the day. If you vote u get a random monster which has a drop rate increase that day. Maybe make it possible to get a 50% increase but like a 1% chance to get even the trillionares get excited for their vorkath trips

I've tweaked that first suggestion and suggested it to Ryan as follows: "Repair scrolls that can be obtainable by voting and would repair a broken item." These could be scabale with donator rank and essentially the same as blood lust scrolls. As a sponsor you could vote on four sites and claim 4 vote points, 20 blood lust scrolls, and now 20 repair scrolls.

For the second suggestion I think a universal drop rate bonus for the day is too OP. You can vote every 12 hours so essentially you'd have an infinite 5% drop rate bonus just by voting. I believe a better alternative would be grant a 5% drop rate bonus for one hour per 4 sites voted on so (15 minutes per site).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

I've tweaked that first suggestion and suggested it to Ryan as follows: "Repair scrolls that can be obtainable by voting and would repair a broken item." These could be scabale with donator rank and essentially the same as blood lust scrolls. As a sponsor you could vote on four sites and claim 4 vote points, 20 blood lust scrolls, and now 20 repair scrolls.

For the second suggestion I think a universal drop rate bonus for the day is too OP. You can vote every 12 hours so essentially you'd have an infinite 5% drop rate bonus just by voting. I believe a better alternative would be grant a 5% drop rate bonus for one hour per 4 sites voted on so (15 minutes per site).

Thanks for the feedback, I really like the idea of the repair scrolls, well done great pitch. But about the second option, I can see what you mean, I was unclear in my post but I was thinking like there's a pretty good chance like 50% u get a 5% drop rate bonus for one specific monster for the day. Just something good enough to motivate, it's not necessary especially if the repair scrolls idea works.

I appreciate you taking my suggestion so seriously, I really feel like taking any action would be beneficial to the server, Thanks!

3 minutes ago, dharokdakoz said:

Thanks for the feedback, I really like the idea of the repair scrolls, well done great pitch. But about the second option, I can see what you mean, I was unclear in my post but I was thinking like there's a pretty good chance like 50% u get a 5% drop rate bonus for one specific monster for the day. Just something good enough to motivate, it's not necessary especially if the repair scrolls idea works.

I appreciate you taking my suggestion so seriously, I really feel like taking any action would be beneficial to the server, Thanks!

Yeah but what if you get a 5% drop rate bonus for a KBD, and then a 5% drop rate bonus for undead pkers :P Also what about a 5% drop rate bonus for WW but a beginner doesn't have the gear to fully take on that task? It could either be a bust or a loss, with a very rare chance of it being actually beneficial.

21 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Yeah but what if you get a 5% drop rate bonus for a KBD, and then a 5% drop rate bonus for undead pkers :P Also what about a 5% drop rate bonus for WW but a beginner doesn't have the gear to fully take on that task? It could either be a bust or a loss, with a very rare chance of it being actually beneficial.

Exactly it's another reason to vote that shouldn't have such a negative impact on the economy. It's a reason for trillionares to still vote cuz they might get WW or Vorkath