• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Cursed Void

• Yes!
    • No!
  3. 3. Ornament Ammy's

• Yes!
    • No!

So, as of the 27th of June we have to repair certain auto-kept and/or untradeable items (for more information, link below)

Anyhow.. although I find it absurd since a majority of the complaints came from Players who plain and simple couldn't afford them so wealthier Players were punished for that,

Personally I decided to invest in certain auto-kept and untradeable items due to the obvious fact that I had the cash for it and were auto-kept and had no repercussion upon death,

I was fine with there not being an option to detach them at the time because of this, that was up until that update was forced on those who had obtained them.

Ofcourse while I do find it absurd, I can come to terms with it.. HOWEVER now that is the way it is we should have the ability to detach our Untradeables,

So that both the Wealthy and Poor are satisfied, we're forced to cough up a repair fee on items that cost us hundreds of billions as is, ATLEAST allow us the choose to keep them or not.

Personally and i'm CONFIDENT that i'm not the only one whos unhappy with the update and would like to retract a portion of their investment and put it to better use.

Sincerely, Doctor E.

Edited by Doctor E
Typo
  • Like 2

I totally agree on this, to be honest, I find my self also in the position of being cleaned and I don't really have a big chance to gain all my shit back to it's hard maybe if this was an option I could easily get some money to rebuild.

Ornament upgrades are meant to be permanent because they provide stat boosts and almost all of them become auto kept. On real RS they are detachable because they offer no bonuses whatsoever. Apart from them being useless, they are just cosmetic upgrades. Same thing applies to a person who sacrificed X items for the ethereal contest. We won't break it apart because that player had a change of feelings over the decision he made due to some external factors and i'll name the main reason everyone wants this (Getting cleaned). They are the last items to turn to and players want even more chances at a rebuild.

Going back to Ryan's update. The community was deeply taken into consideration in giving a server wide repair fee for the items that now require a repair fee on death. This wasn't just a "Let's ask our sponsors" or "let's just look at all our gambler players banks and make a decision". This was much more than a simple decision like that. Server wide community feedback, as seen in both mine and Hooke's thread, see below:

https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/13735-massive-pvp-changes/

https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/13713-autokeep-items/

A lot of people commented and voted on those threads, not to mention the feedback I personally got from players in game via yell/help cc.  This was a major topic for over a month to two months, and the decisions taken were the result of all the feedback taken into consideration from all that.

At the end of the day it was a much needed change for the server. Personally I feel like everyone is just taking it really negatively and having their feelings hurt because said items now have a repair fee. Look at it in a different perspective. Ring of vigour(i) costs 75M to repair on death, that's better than buying a new one for 2B right? Apart from those changes we are also trying our best to refrain from any none needed auto kept items like more enchanted items, but ethereals are still fair game since only one of these items come in game and the economy benefits HUGELY from each ethereal contest.

I've had people criticize me and asked me why I support this if I was one of those in full auto kept gear and a shade genie for maximum max str and not risking a single item. For that reason alone was enough to break down that type of system we were allowing. Imagine max str melee and mowing down new players like they were in bronze? They never had a chance and that would make them literally quit. If that didn't make them quit, then the raggers surely got them. Edge was severely unbalanced and it heavily favored richer players. It didn't even matter if people were skilled or not at edge, as I saw people that were bad at pking in max gear and still do good against spawnables.

The need of the many(poor) outweigh the need of the few(rich). Don't let greed blind you. I didn't let it blind me nor did I let it hinder my experience on SPK that much. Sure paying 500M per death sucks, that just means i'll die less. Or literally just go PvM 24-7 like I always do anyway, lol.

6 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Ornament upgrades are meant to be permanent because they provide stat boosts and almost all of them become auto kept. On real RS they are detachable because they offer no bonuses whatsoever. Apart from them being useless, they are just cosmetic upgrades. Same thing applies to a person who sacrificed X items for the ethereal contest. We won't break it apart because that player had a change of feelings over the decision he made due to some external factors and i'll name the main reason everyone wants this (Getting cleaned). They are the last items to turn to and players want even more chances at a rebuild.

Going back to Ryan's update. The community was deeply taken into consideration in giving a server wide repair fee for the items that now require a repair fee on death. This wasn't just a "Let's ask our sponsors" or "let's just look at all our gambler players banks and make a decision". This was much more than a simple decision like that. Server wide community feedback, as seen in both mine and Hooke's thread, see below:

https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/13735-massive-pvp-changes/

https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/13713-autokeep-items/

A lot of people commented and voted on those threads, not to mention the feedback I personally got from players in game via yell/help cc.  This was a major topic for over a month to two months, and the decisions taken were the result of all the feedback taken into consideration from all that.

At the end of the day it was a much needed change for the server. Personally I feel like everyone is just taking it really negatively and having their feelings hurt because said items now have a repair fee. Look at it in a different perspective. Ring of vigour(i) costs 75M to repair on death, that's better than buying a new one for 2B right? Apart from those changes we are also trying our best to refrain from any none needed auto kept items like more enchanted items, but ethereals are still fair game since only one of these items come in game and the economy benefits HUGELY from each ethereal contest.

I've had people criticize me and asked me why I support this if I was one of those in full auto kept gear and a shade genie for maximum max str and not risking a single item. For that reason alone was enough to break down that type of system we were allowing. Imagine max str melee and mowing down new players like they were in bronze? They never had a chance and that would make them literally quit. If that didn't make them quit, then the raggers surely got them. Edge was severely unbalanced and it heavily favored richer players. It didn't even matter if people were skilled or not at edge, as I saw people that were bad at pking in max gear and still do good against spawnables.

The need of the many(poor) outweigh the need of the few(rich). Don't let greed blind you. I didn't let it blind me nor did I let it hinder my experience on SPK that much. Sure paying 500M per death sucks, that just means i'll die less. Or literally just go PvM 24-7 like I always do anyway, lol.

I understand the reasoning as I mentioned before, however I feel as though I should atleast be offered the ability to choose whether or not to keep them,

I support the decision by all means, but I find it absurd.. better yet atrocious that we don't even receive the courtesy of having a say in whether we wish to keep them.

Yes, there was a lot of support and I myself supported it to an extent but as mentioned atleast compensate us with a choice when you implement drastic changes like this,

Sure it helps the Economy but frankly I could care less, it's downright stupid that we're forced to cough up fee's without having a say in whether we wish to keep them now.

3 minutes ago, Doctor E said:

I understand the reasoning as I mentioned before, however I feel as though I should atleast be offered the ability to choose whether or not to keep them,

I support the decision by all means, but I find it absurd.. better yet atrocious that we don't even receive the courtesy of having a say in whether we wish to keep them.

Yes, there was a lot of support and I myself supported it to an extent but as mentioned atleast compensate us with a choice when you implement drastic changes like this,

Sure it helps the Economy but frankly I could care less, it's downright stupid that we're forced to cough up fee's without having a say in whether we wish to keep them now.

Would you of preferred a secret nerf? There has been a numerous changes to things that don't always make it into the patch notes. I thought it would of been a good idea to include everyone in the community and not limit it to just staff, but even then people are still upset.

I believe i'll keep possible upcoming changes limited to the staff team only in the future.

Given we are a game and buffs/nerfs can be given out at any time. It was the biggest topic for around the past two months. If you failed to see it on the forums, or even the numerous times it was mentioned in game via yell/help cc then I can't apologize for you not being able to see it. I also put it on discord, pasted it on the forums as polls, and even on the broadcast news system in game. As far as me using my position to notify the public to the best of my ability I did the best I could. What comes after that is not our fault as the final decision was made by Ryan which was given all of the feedback you guys provided.

bet ppl will quit the game more often since the last update.

cursed you already gotta pay alot to get the armour done ?

first you waste over 300b on orn kits if you get em all ? , then you cant get them back? 

make them able to get off.. easy instead off ruin ur game l0l.. 

come with updates like that makes deep wild etc active, no they come with updates for pvm ? bruh.. its called SPK not SPAWN PVM 

Great suggest @Doctor E voted em all on yes.

• Haha 1