Sign in to follow this  
plakka2.0

CAN'T PLAY SPAWNPK

hi, ive downloaded JAVA to play the game but when i try to download the game it wont open through JAVA, also when i try to find JAVA in my documents i cant find it. ive downloaded and removed java now for like 5 times so that shouldnt be the problem, also ive tried using internet explorer instead of chrome (im on windows 8 btw).

i used to play this game like a year ago and i really enjoyed it, i hope i can get back in

where do i do that? sorry i'm not good with computers/laptops. :(

(thats probably why im in this situation too)

Java more than likely won't be saving into your documents.

If you're on Window's you'll have to go open Windows Explorer then go to, My/This PC -> Windows (C:) -) Program Files (x86) -> Java -> JRE. If Java/JRE aren't there, then as you said, Java probably isn't downloading.

After you check this get back to me.

hey yipku!!

thanks for replying, ive followed your steps and everything is there... :( 

when i download the client it asks me how i would like to open it. and then i get a couple of options like windows media player and internet bla bla bla, then i press (more) and i go into my documents to search for java, i open the JRE and i get tons of options to open it. none of them seem to open the client..... 

i hope someone knows what im doing wrong!

22 minutes ago, plakka2.0 said:

hey yipku!!

thanks for replying, ive followed your steps and everything is there... :( 

when i download the client it asks me how i would like to open it. and then i get a couple of options like windows media player and internet bla bla bla, then i press (more) and i go into my documents to search for java, i open the JRE and i get tons of options to open it. none of them seem to open the client..... 

i hope someone knows what im doing wrong!

Fix1:

When you first try to open the client (where it gives internet/windows media options) see if there's an option called "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary", if there is then select that option and see if the client runs (if there's two SE binaries then don't run it and instead go to step2). Also rightclick the SPK client itself and see if there's two "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary" to choose from. If there's one option run it with that, if there's two options skip to Fix2.

Fix2:

(when trying to run the client) In the JRE folder there should be a folder called "lib" (the Java library), open that folder and find a file called "JavaW.exe" or "JavaW.Jar" (depending on your extensions), open the client with that file.

Make sure your client has (.jar) in the end. If not go right click, go properities,  and set its name as "Spawnpk.jar" Or w.e u want but with the .jar

If that doesn't work, try to open it with that "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" Because that's the one to run java games :D Also if you installed 64-bit java with 32-bit computer it wont run it. So if you have 32-bit computer then make sure you have the 32-bit java.

Use this to check if your computer has old version of java : https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

Just check if you're not sure. Most likely its not the java case but meh. can't be to sure ay?

Edited by traffic

yipku: step 2: in my "lib" there is no file at all i can open :( 

traffic: ive done what you told me, i have 64-bit laptop and downloaded 64-bit java now but it still doesnt work. :(  now it tells me java is not well installed :(

really thankful for your help guys i appreciate it! i hope we can get out of this :) 

hi guys! i have windows 10 and i've tried everything, redownloading java, downloading extra java stuff, deleting client and redownloading client, tried to rename stuff but nothing seems to work....

this is a new laptop and im on windows 10.

here is a screenshot java gives me:

2ev4zr4.png

This may be either from your anti-virus/firewall or a proxy

Before doing these try saving the client somewhere other than your downloads folder, like your desktop.

Antivirus: you'll have to whitelist Java, it's related programs and SPK.

Proxy: If you're on one basically the only option (besides working with advanced settings, tricky) it to turn it off, if you want to do that/if that's possible for you.

I found out that u have to put java in the same file location for this one I did it all to my desktop works great now

guys thanks so much!! i dont know what was the problem in the end since i just did everything you guys told me in one time, but doesnt matter anyway cuz it works!

really thankful guys!!!!!! my ign is "plak" btw