Sign in to follow this  
Kellatha

Crystal Halberd, Imbued Hearts, Sponsor Benefits, and more!

Heya guys i'm back at it again with some more suggestions. Feel free to comment and drop some feedback. Remember any and all feedback from the community is highly appreciated and deeply taken into consideration! Anything you see here may or may not be added in a future update.

Crystal Halberd: I think we would all appreciate a crystal halberd on the server. This halberd is stronger than a dragon halberd and falls short a little in terms of strength bonus from a vesta spear. The special attack is what is highly sought after and is primarily used to spec big bosses for the extra(second hit) damage. Refer to osrs wiki for more information: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_halberd . It works as a spear so fully benefits from karajama gloves, and does full damage to corporeal beast.

Attack Style Hearts: Pretty sure you guys are already familiar with "Imbued Heart" and what it does, refer to osrs wiki for more information: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Imbued_heart . Runex happens to have the ranged and melee version of the imbued heart. Given we don't have any of the three, these would be ideal on SPK.

• A.) Infernal(Melee) Heart: Significantly boosts Melee stats.
  • B.) Twisted(Range) Heart: Significantly boosts Range stats.
  • C.) Infernal(Mage) Heart: Significantly boosts Mage stats.

Sponsored Trade Post Listings: This one is really simple and I think it would make a great addition to revitalize the TP. What i'm suggesting is that we remove the "most recent" items listed on the TP and turn it into the "Sponsored items" button. This will be 2 pages of "sponsored" items that a player can purchase for a certain fee and in increments of time to be sponsored over other players on the TP. Now it may or may not be a good idea to fully remove the most recent but I think it would be a good idea. There will be two options, see below for more information.

• Button 1: "Most recent" replaced with "sponsored list" and all four pages will display sponsored items only, and no most recent items will be displayed.
  • Button 2: "Most recent" will be a combined list of both "sponsored" and most recent items. The first two pages will be "sponsored" and the remaining two pages will be the most recently listed.

Now we will discuss prices for sponsoring items. They will be based of increments of hours, ranging up to one day. This is completely optional and you never need to sponsor an item to post it on the TP. See list below for prices(Subject to change without notice before release).

• 1-2 Hours: 100M per one listing
  • 3-6 Hours: 200M per one listing
  • 7-12 Hours: 500M per one listing
  • 13-24 Hours: 1B per one listing

This price is non refundable and if you post something wrongfully staff can not refund you. In case you post something or wish to change the price, you can modify the listing, but fully removing it for whatever reason will result in you losing your sponsored listing place and money will be lost. This is essentially a very good cash sink to prioritize your items when you plan to go to bed/be off for a long period of time/go to work.

Blood Slayer Helmet: Same stats and perks of a FSH, but instead of turning into a magma/frost slayer helm, it turns into a blood slayer helmet. This one would provide a 50-75% extra heal from soulsplit when killing NPC's. Same cost as the other relics, 5000 slayer points and would essentially look the same as magma/frost but would have it's red aesthetics. Bloodmancer robes can stack with this.

Elemental staff rework: I've brought this one up before with the staff team but I really thing we should work on having this item viable again. I've proposed we should buff the elemental staff spec to use surge spells instead of wave spells. I think that would help immensely compared to how the current state of ele staff is in. Currently it's only good for blood diamond fusing, and we should work on improving it so it doesn't stay on the server just for that sole reason since it is a weapon.

Dragon Sword: Same as Osrs, would be a great addition to add it for a small fee in the BM store. See osrs wiki for for details: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_sword

Granite Maul(g): This maul would NOT be auto kept, just a cosmetic improvement. Something along the lines of this maul looking like gmaul(or) but instead of the being that color, it can be all gold or at least the stone can. This maul would offer a 10% accuracy improvement to the spec instead of the 10% damage boost the gmaul(or) offers. Would also be added into the BH shop to further keep the BH shop from becoming dead again.

Sponsor Benefit Tweaks: Wanted to highlight some modifications I think would be in the best of interests for current sponsors and future ones.

• Given ::nurse is now timed for us, can we have it buffed to where it pots us as well when we heal with ::nurse or the health orb? Before I figured it too OP without the timer, but now that we have a Timer this extra effect could be worth it.
  • Add in a second sponsor zone where there is a zoned filled with multiple NPC's like 4 of each so that we can kill. This zone would have every spawnable monster, with the exception of adding in one tamed cerberus NPC in here. All of these monsters would be non aggressive and do attack back when hit(besides those that already don't like cerb). Also should add 4 revenant dragons in here. (Wildywyrm/Bloodwyrm/Rune Dragons would not be in this zone)

custom tyras helm from runex pls

+1 blood slayer helm      we

+1 Dragon Sword          already

+1 ele staff rework        have

+1 attack style hearts    op spears  

• Like 1

Fully support all but the trading post thing not a bad idea but would need some tweaking or looking into for sure. :) Ty for the awesome suggestions.

• Like 1

Fully support. Keeping content viable, plenty of new weapons (woo d sword), and sponsor upgrades (still not worth it, "I spent $2500 and all I got was this bigdick title").

Overall a really balanced suggestion, 2 nitpicks/questions though.

Sponsored TP: It would be great to keep a hybridization of the current TP and the sponsor TP, then maybe change/work over to sponsor/something new/better. Not gutting one for the other without seeing how it's received. I didn't think much on how the logistics of this would/could work.

Blood slayer helm: I get this is the ultimate afkmanmode item but an extra 8~% heal of dmg dealt isn't much, percent scaling off a percent never looks as appealing as it should/as it is.

I know what you stated but, will Crystal halberd spec work like OSRS or like how D hally works on here? On SPK D Hally does 2 hits when outside of multi/not on a big boss (It shouldn't but it's pretty weak without the second hit)

Will imbued heart have the same cooldown/stat boost as OSRS. Also what animation will this have, I think Vampiric Skull currently uses imbued heart animation.  <- can this item be disabled/tested in duel before release, ab00s potential.

15 minutes ago, Y I P K U said:

Blood slayer helm: I get this is the ultimate afkmanmode item but an extra 8~% heal of dmg dealt isn't much, percent scaling off a percent never looks as appealing as it should/as it is.

I know what you stated but, will Crystal halberd spec work like OSRS or like how D hally works on here? On SPK D Hally does 2 hits when outside of multi/not on a big boss (It shouldn't but it's pretty weak without the second hit)

Will imbued heart have the same cooldown/stat boost as OSRS. Also what animation will this have, I think Vampiric Skull currently uses imbued heart animation.  <- can this item be disabled/tested in duel before release, ab00s potential.

BSH would indeed be to be able to afk more, since nurse is now limited for high tier donators such as sponsors this would be a great way to cancel that out. What about different instead of percentage boosts like double/triple the heal you get some soulsplit?

Crystal hally would work like osrs yes. Might need to highlight that d hally is broken. Also crystal hally could be capped at release, still wondering where it should be added. Perhaps the slayer stayer for a good amount of slayer points.

I'll let Ryan know about the animations for them. What do you mean about the abuse potential? Like elaborate :P 

Spawnpk has already many ways to boost your attack, range, mage stats and I don't see a reason or need for more so -1 on those "Imbued harts"

Sponsored trade post +1

Blood slayer helm. There's already many types of slayer masks in game, No need for more. -1

Elemental staff rework +1

Dragon sword. Could be a cool add on. +1

Granite maul(g). Pretty useless, But if you think its good to have then I suppose its good to have. xD

Sponsor things. I don't know what to say because I haven't tested it. Neutral on dis.

Good effort @Kellatha Big appreciation to you!!

No sponsored trade post.

No use to have granite maul G.

Staff needs reworking. 

No imbued hearts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kellatha said:

BSH would indeed be to be able to afk more, since nurse is now limited for high tier donators such as sponsors this would be a great way to cancel that out. What about different instead of percentage boosts like double/triple the heal you get some soulsplit?

Crystal hally would work like osrs yes. Might need to highlight that d hally is broken. Also crystal hally could be capped at release, still wondering where it should be added. Perhaps the slayer stayer for a good amount of slayer points.

I'll let Ryan know about the animations for them. What do you mean about the abuse potential? Like elaborate

Not sure on the exact percent, I'd say 50% minimum and should probably be much higher. It is 5000 points after all and nothing is 100% afkable.

Slayer shop seems fine. Not much of a pvmen but if it is capped (should probably be because corp/tek) bare in mind it is 2hed so flameburst etc can't be used. Is there anyway for the spec to be uncapped yet the base hit be capped if that's not too complicated. It could be a high-tier spec wep but wouldn't out-DPS Sunspear. With Karam gloves this might be an option that finally outclasses a DDS (spawnable).

^Since the two above item's are directly effected by voting maybe some vote rewards could be added for a week~. Their would be an influx then decline of them, keeping their value/worth while having an initial surge of them in-game.

Boosting stats before a duel and not returning to normal values during the duel, or using the item during a duel to boost stats. Basically it should disabled in duels and it's stats are lost before a duel starts, similar to potions. Maybe stats boosted from this should be removed in the wild (maybe when you hit a player), or go to super value and won't drain at a gradual rate. Similar workings to overload/brews, the stats would drop 118-99 in one leap when the duration is over. That's if it boosts are to extreme/overload levels stats on range/melee, if it's only on magic I don't see my former idea needed as SPK uses a custom pre-eoc similar formula and has no % magic damage increase based on magic level. I've honestly never used one on OSRS and I'm not 100% sure how it works, it seems a bit OP for PKing.

On a side note, gmaul got a few -1's but I would really like to see it. Regular maul already hit's 50's,  accuracy would be much more beneficial than the 10% dmg that you don't see because you already 1hit the guy. 

Edited by Y I P K U
Typo

I would agree with everything but the sponsored item one

because anyone can type the item and see what is  the lowest and attempt to buy it or sell at the price needed,

I would love to suggest imbued heart dropped from slayer only like a really rare chance of obtaining one by doing any type of slayer task regardless if its boss or not,

the crystal halberd I really liked that one,

as for the blood slayer helm, I'd suggest it would be pking mainly one, for people who love pking/rushing, and the special thing it's going to give you an amount of  blood money,

and for blood slayer helm the benefits are:

*heals 15% of the hit

*a higher amount of blood money each kill/on a killstreak than a guy  not using it

ps: you can add whatever benefits you think its useful for

its definitely going to be hard to get as its let's say costs "x" amount of blood money on bounties, 

elemental staff rework is a nice one because the elemental staff is a "forgotten" item, nobody would use it don't make it too op tho,

dragon sword I would strongly disagree with that because I don't think it would be a great weapon to pk or use since we already have a lot of useful pking weapons.

granite maul [or] is a nice cosmetic I love the fact that it's not auto-keep 

very nice suggestion overall, thank you for suggesting those items

5 hours ago, Y I P K U said:

Not sure on the exact percent, I'd say 50% minimum and should probably be much higher. It is 5000 points after all and nothing is 100% afkable.

Slayer shop seems fine. Not much of a pvmen but if it is capped (should probably be because corp/tek) bare in mind it is 2hed so flameburst etc can't be used. Is there anyway for the spec to be uncapped yet the base hit be capped if that's not too complicated. It could be a high-tier spec wep but wouldn't out-DPS Sunspear. With Karam gloves this might be an option that finally outclasses a DDS (spawnable).

^Since the two above item's are directly effected by voting maybe some vote rewards could be added for a week~. Their would be an influx then decline of them, keeping their value/worth while having an initial surge of them in-game.

Boosting stats before a duel and not returning to normal values during the duel, or using the item during a duel to boost stats. Basically it should disabled in duels and it's stats are lost before a duel starts, similar to potions. Maybe stats boosted from this should be removed in the wild (maybe when you hit a player), or go to super value and won't drain at a gradual rate. Similar workings to overload/brews, the stats would drop 118-99 in one leap when the duration is over. That's if it boosts are to extreme/overload levels stats on range/melee, if it's only on magic I don't see my former idea needed as SPK uses a custom pre-eoc similar formula and has no % magic damage increase based on magic level. I've honestly never used one on OSRS and I'm not 100% sure how it works, it seems a bit OP for PKing.

On a side note, gmaul got a few -1's but I would really like to see it. Regular maul already hit's 50's,  accuracy would be much more beneficial than the 10% dmg that you don't see because you already 1hit the guy. 

I'll make changes do the percentages for BSH.

Also, DDS is easily the best melee spec weapon in game and no one weapon comes close. DWH would closely follow up in terms of damage, but it's dps falls short because you can spec up to 6-7 times with DDS with vigour(i)/grand ring. Sunspear was never meant to be a pvm weapon, it's strictly for pvp. If it was meant for pvm it would of been released with a cap, and made one handed to accommodate a offhand and perhaps a better spec than the one similar to VLS spec.

Votes shouldn't be an issue. Given vote tickets used to be as low as 30-40m in game, now they are 70-100m which is pretty solid. There will never be a crash in vote tickets based on an item being released and it wont fall off either. 5K dtix in slayer points in a ridiculous amount of slayer points in point boxes. If anything this will make slayer more active, voting more active, and encourage a huge boost in the economy revolving point boxes and vote tickets.

And yeah, the boosted stats would be regulated. See table below for stats on how they work on Runex.

• Infernal heart boosts melee stats to 120/99: Attack 120/99 Strength 120/99 Defense 120/99. The rate does decay
  • Twisted heart boosts range stat to 114/99. The rate does decay
  • Imbued Heart boosts mage stat to 108/106. The rate does decay

Much later we can branch out and make this into one like seen here: http://prntscr.com/jp7rpv but way after release.

And true. Gmaul(g) would be much better because I rather have a higher chance of hitting something with my gmaul that hitting 0 10% "harder" lol.

- crystal halberd is great but make sure that it cannot be a pvp weapon only a pvm weapon. +1

- I think the attack style hearts are a bit dumb imo. The imbued heart could be helpful though but it's a spawn server, i dont think anyone is going to be willing to risk it unless it's a auto kept cosmetic. -1

- At first i did  not agree with the ''sponsored items'' slot in the tp until i fully read your review on it. It would suck to see the ''most recent'' section removed but in order to have the ''sponsored items'' section i don't think it would be useful unless you got rid of the ''most recent.'' +1

- Blood slayer helm is not a bad idea but seems kind of useless since not many bosses or npc's actually deal damage to you so i don't see where the extra heal would come in handy. I recommend maybe figuring out some other benefits of it? -1

- I never really see the elemental staff and only can assume that it's terrible. A rework or buff on it would be great +1

- It's a dragon sword <3 +1

- The buff version of the granite maul should of always been a accuracy boost, never a damage boost. I explained to one of the staff members how a player with nothing on but a normal gmaul, can spec a 105 (including a wack). For a 1 item player to spec a 105 is amazing, Accuracy though is terrible and that's what needs to be buffed +1

- The ::nurse idea i'll let slide, it's not overpowered but it's definitely really useful so i cannot argue about it especially when you need $2500 donated to get this. But the 2nd sponsor zone is a little bit much. What's exactly different from the normal sponsor zone now? to the new version you want to bring into the game? I was always told you can go into sponsor zone and spawn any npc you wanted besides the obvious, wildwyrm, blood wyrm etc. Could you maybe fill me in on what the problem may be?

45 minutes ago, cokiemonsta said:

- The ::nurse idea i'll let slide, it's not overpowered but it's definitely really useful so i cannot argue about it especially when you need $2500 donated to get this. But the 2nd sponsor zone is a little bit much. What's exactly different from the normal sponsor zone now? to the new version you want to bring into the game? I was always told you can go into sponsor zone and spawn any npc you wanted besides the obvious, wildwyrm, blood wyrm etc. Could you maybe fill me in on what the problem may be?

I don't like spawning. Personally I kill much faster if the npc's are side by side and I am free to pick what I kill. I want more diversity and having an actual NPC to kill other than just spawn the same NPC over and over and over since I got V.I.P. donator. Sometimes people just want to see a physical NPC, and i'm one of those.

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

I don't like spawning. Personally I kill much faster if the npc's are side by side and I am free to pick what I kill. I want more diversity and having an actual NPC to kill other than just spawn the same NPC over and over and over since I got V.I.P. donator. Sometimes people just want to see a physical NPC, and i'm one of those.

I guess that's understandable. I could see why it gets annoying especially if you love pvm. Otherwise it's just you sitting there afk while your character attacks the same boss for hours. The more i think about it the more i realize it's not necessarily a buff to sponsors but more of an illusion that there is more of a variety to pvming which can make it enjoyable. 

3 minutes ago, cokiemonsta said:

I guess that's understandable. I could see why it gets annoying especially if you love pvm. Otherwise it's just you sitting there afk while your character attacks the same boss for hours. The more i think about it the more i realize it's not necessarily a buff to sponsors but more of an illusion that there is more of a variety to pvming which can make it enjoyable. 

Exactly :) Instead of spawning it's a zone where the NPC's are ready to be slaughtered. Same thing as spawning them in or not :P 

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

Exactly :) Instead of spawning it's a zone where the NPC's are ready to be slaughtered. Same thing as spawning them in or not :P 

You made ''slaughtered'' seem enjoyable. interesting.

• Haha 1