Sign in to follow this  
croocodile

Public Poll!

Punishment Poll!  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How would you punish a macroing offense on SpawnPk?

• Jail Time
    • Temporary IP Ban
    • Permanent Ban
    • Other, comment below
  2. 2. How would you punish a ddos threat if there was no actual ddosing done?

• Permanent Ban
    • Mute
    • Temporary Ban
  3. 3. How would you punish someone who made a ddos threat and carried it out?

• Permanent Ban
    • Mute
    • Temporary Ban

Hi guys, just a quick question, very curious to see what the public opinion is on these topics!

Edited by croocodile

9 hours ago, croocodile said:

Hi guys, just a quick question, very curious to see what the public opinion is on these topics!

You do know that we can't prove DDoS attacks right? We can see someone going offline due to a dc, but we can't prove if it was intentional from a DDoS attack or you simply unplugged your router. I'm pretty sure I saw Ryan or Ramzi explain this once but you'd have to have your ISP track that attack down and have them prove it but as far as us proving something like that is impossible.

From my PoV, player safety comes first and even if you were "just joking" or "it's just a game" or "i didn't do anything though" it doesn't matter. It's common sense to know that any type of game has rules, including any RSPS. Even real runescape has rules, so if you say "i didn't know it was against the rules" is a bad excuse. That applies to RWT/Hacking threats/the most severe offenses.

As far as the macroing, it all depends on the scale of the situation honestly. If you macro'd a small amount then i'd just confiscate what you farmed and let you off with a warning. I normally just confiscate whats farmed and a bit more and let you off with a warning. The minute I catch you doing it again on one account or worse, mutiple accounts is when you go bye bye :) . Multiple account macroing/botting/3rd party software is almost always a 100% guranteed IP/UID ban.

I just looked at the macroing as retarded to do it on your main account unless your new and do not know better. Should be a perm ban on that account (unless new) and if the player continues to make more accounts and doing it, perm ip ban.