Sign in to follow this  
i finish u

name changer scroll

hey guys i suggest that we should add a name changer scroll it will make it easier for us and for the staff and ramzi 

and it should be 1k-2.5k donator tickets and from donator store,it looks like deep wild scroll and surge scrolls when u open it u choose what name  then relog so it can change

i hope this topic will be helpful for everyone

6 minutes ago, i finish u said:

hey guys i suggest that we should add a name changer scroll it will make it easier for us and for the staff and ramzi 

and it should be 1k-2.5k donator tickets and from donator store,it looks like deep wild scroll and surge scrolls when u open it u choose what name  then relog so it can change

i hope this topic will be helpful for everyone

Uhmmmm yeah no. Name changes are currently only for Elite donators an higher, and must pay a 100b name change fee. It used to be 10b but it was severely abused so we increased the amount. It's a great cash sink, which would be canceled out by having a name change scroll.

3 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Uhmmmm yeah no. Name changes are currently only for Elite donators an higher, and must pay a 100b name change fee. It used to be 10b but it was severely abused so we increased the amount. It's a great cash sink, which would be canceled out by having a name change scroll.

LMAOO OMG 100B  that's cancer 

1 hour ago, Morbid said:

Well 100b is fine , but players should be allowed to get that scroll tho.

Edited by Mia

2 hours ago, Mia said:

Well 100b is fine , but players should be allowed to get that scroll tho.

I mean I know on other servers they make it a 10$ donation or whatever the ingame currency is donator tokens or donator tickets. Honestly it wouldn't be hard for Ryan to code that concept 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morbid said:

I would have to agree with this statement, but with a different choice of words rather than saying it is "cancer". How about absurd?

Also, we had a community poll here regarding the name change price:

24 players voted in favor of the price being reverted back to 10B, while 7 voted to keep this at 100B.

• Obviously, we aren't going to dismiss the feelings of the players who want the price to be somewhat high - So i believe a middleground was found and we were looking at 50B or 25B.
  • No official word has been given to us about this yet, and it isn't really something that needs to be developed (we just need an official statement from the owner saying the price is X amount again)
2 hours ago, i finish u said:

when u open it u choose what name  then relog so it can change

Unfortunately our system does not operate in such a way that can allow this to be possible - But i may be wrong. Would LOVE to see this implemented but i just don't think it's possible.

2 hours ago, Mia said:

but players should be allowed to get that scroll tho.

I agree that if the scroll is implemented (not sure on how we would go about this) there should be a way for all players to have this ability.

Ultimately, i think if the name you're looking to change to is rare, then it should be reserved for elite donators+(if players really care that much about name changes, i don't see why all can't do it)

But if it's just a normal name then let players change it via scroll (if it's already taken, there should be a message that says it's already taken and does not allow the name to be changed)

I went ahead and forwarded this thread to the owners of the server to see if we can get a change on the name-change price, and the suggestion overall. Lovely thread.

• Haha 1

I have mix feelings about this idea. I think the best way to go at this is maybe make it an extremely rare pk scroll reward. Like 1/500 or something.  It's just one of those items that can be abused severely but also rewarding and fun. 

To be honest BARROWS has been extremely dead. What if we made barrows more popular by adding the scroll into that? Again extremely rare item so it's not abused. Maybe even untradable? 

I don't know. I kind of enjoy barrows but it's really bad money and needs to be buffed severely in some way.

think it was my fault because ryan had to keep changing highscores to remove memes

rip 100b to much to spam, but like tevin said 100b is quite a lot and 50b - 25b is reasonable

• Haha 1

25b sounds just fair if it works via a scroll like suggested on here. Its just a name so it shouldnt cost much more than that.

At some point a fee loses its money sink value. The point is when its too expensive to even get players to use it as such. 100b for a name change is clearly way too much to be called a money sink if just very few are going to use it.

• Thanks 1

Even 100b is way to cheap for the players that would abuse it. 25-50b would be crazy and it's a lot more work on the owners. Apparently they have already been to busy with other things lately, name changing is just a distraction from them helping the server in better ways.

3 hours ago, cokiemonsta said:

Even 100b is way to cheap for the players that would abuse it. 25-50b would be crazy and it's a lot more work on the owners. Apparently they have already been to busy with other things lately, name changing is just a distraction from them helping the server in better ways.

Might aswell dont offer a name change if its just 1-3 ppl that would pay that and if they dont have time to do it. Dont offer something you dont wanna provide or you cba to waste time on.

The scroll suggestion on here is a good solution to bring back this money sinl while cutting time that would otherwise have to be spent into a name change. So 25b would be fair price.

It should be looked into if its possible to change the displayname while keeping the login name just like it works on so many other servers. I am confident that ryan will find a way to make that work.