Sign in to follow this  
Anal freak

Windows 10 computer not opening client?

What could be my problem, I updated java... I can't open the .jar of the client or the fixer.. so any ideas on how I could start playing on my newer laptop. This old thing is as old as the krabby patty that was forgotten about under the grill.

I see you've already tried the general client fix guide, and you're aware of the SpawnPK Client Repair Tool ...

Check out this guide and tell me if this works:

I know it says for right click issues but sometimes it helps with issues downloading the client, etc.

Question: Is it downloading as an internet explorer file?

Hey there @Anal freak! :) Does the client open at all? What type of file is the client? Here's a few steps I have in mind that can help you out.

• Step 1: Verify you have java installed and it's up to date.
  • Step 1a: If you do, download the client and move it from your download folder to your desktop.
  • Step 2: Right click the SPK client, look for the option "Open with" and look for the java option(it should be the first one or second one there) if you can't find it in the immediate options then search your computer for java.
  • Step 3: Once you do that, it should be working now and everything should be running smoothly.

I recommend you manually remove Java/anything SPK related, including the recycling bin. Once you do that, do a restart and start the steps above. Let me us know if that helps!

On 4/23/2018 at 4:55 PM, Kellatha said:

Hey there @Anal freak! :) Does the client open at all? What type of file is the client? Here's a few steps I have in mind that can help you out.

• Step 1: Verify you have java installed and it's up to date.
  • Step 1a: If you do, download the client and move it from your download folder to your desktop.
  • Step 2: Right click the SPK client, look for the option "Open with" and look for the java option(it should be the first one or second one there) if you can't find it in the immediate options then search your computer for java.
  • Step 3: Once you do that, it should be working now and everything should be running smoothly.

I recommend you manually remove Java/anything SPK related, including the recycling bin. Once you do that, do a restart and start the steps above. Let me us know if that helps!

Thankyou. I know I have java.. it doesn't open at all. its a .jar. I've tried opening with and that still doesn't open the file either..

5 hours ago, Anal freak said:

Thankyou. I know I have java.. it doesn't open at all. its a .jar. I've tried opening with and that still doesn't open the file either..

Ah then your java might be unassigned. Try running this program to fix your java then give it a go after it finishes http://johann.loefflmann.net/downloads/jarfix.exe