Kellatha

Clan Rewards, Veteran Benefits, New blowpipe, and much more!

My only argument around veteran equipment is that keeping loyal players is important, but gaining new players is also just as neccessary. I wouldn’t join a server knowing no matter how much money, how grindy i play i can’t get some of the best items. I agree veteran rewards should be kept to cosmetics.

55 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Now if I switched boats and mentioned this to be a sponsor cape or sponsor wings all hell would break lose as well. Instead of saying veteran cape is "selfish" and "no honorable" you'd switch to it being "p2w" "you only suggest things for the poor". I don't get why you guys have such a hard time trying to swallow a vetaran item that does something. Maybe you guys forgot we play on a PK server where PvM is just as important if not more?

Also to re-highlight. if it's anything like the playtime system i'm thinking of where it's not based off of solely on creation time and only counts your time played of you actually doing things and not just AFK there all day. Also, I mentioned it could be a pet accessory as well, which in no way hurts the economy of anything else? I'll wait for you to argue that it would hurt the economy in so many ways because everyone is literally scrambling for blood diamonds to buy cosmetic useless (sound familiar?) items. Let me make a list on the options that could happen. 

Also the 275% drop rate bonus was an example from a different server and not here lol. Don't you play in game to know we are nowhere near that? :S 

Possible Veteran Rewards:

• A.) Veteran Cape/Veteran Wings that match stats of infernal/ele comp cape and give a 15% drop rate bonus instead for pvm, or 5% damage boost for pvp.
  • B.) It could be a veteran shard that you could use it on a infernal cape and it would transform into an infernal cape with the extra bonuses
  • C.) It could be a veteran pet accessory that does the same, except in a form of a pet accessory.(5% drop rate bonus for pvm, or 5% damage boost for pvp).
  • D.) It could just be a "veteran skull" similar to "vampiric skull" where you can toggle these bonuses on or off and switch between the two.

Now that i've laid out untradable/switchable/non eco impacting alternatives, what is your argument now?

- because there is no reason to give veterans who already stayed for so long a bis. Appreciation is shown by a rank make them feel special anything but not by baiting some1 to be loyal, thats fake loyalty, its like having a gold digger gf.

- yes you did mention it also could be a pet accessory, so what? Thats fine ? Thats just cosmetic but still a nice thing to have and show off, "look guys only very few have pets looking this dope". Thats just fine why would we complain about something thats fine?

The cape aint good tho and thats why ppl complain.

The way you mentioned the 275% drop rate didnt leave any hint that it wasnt here. And now my question is, what does that matter that some servers have up to 275% dr? Why bring it even up? You feel aslong as we stay under that its all fine?lol. Drop rate bonuses have to be added slightly and slowly, not at 15% steps. The dr bonuses we've got now are good enough imo. You have to think long term, okay maybe today not everyone can afford max dr bonus, but over the time it that amount will add up until you've got 20 people with max drop rate bonuses and you will have drops left and right, it limits the lifespan of the servers eco longterm.

Just make it a rank, pet accessory and a cosmetic cape whats so bad about that. My reason is mentioned above.

Edited by despair
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, despair said:

- because there is no reason to give veterans who already stayed for so long a bis. Appreciation is shown by a rank make them feel special anything but not by baiting some1 to be loyal, thats fake loyalty, its like having a gold digger gf.

- yes you did mention it also could be a pet accessory, so what? Thats fine ? Thats just cosmetic but still a nice thing to have and show off, "look guys only very few have pets looking this dope". Thats just fine why would we complain about something thats fine?

The cape aint good tho and thats why ppl complain.

The way you mentioned the 275% drop rate didnt leave any hint that it wasnt here. And now my question is, what does that matter that some servers have up to 275% dr? Why bring it even up? You feel aslong as we stay under that its all fine?lol. Drop rate bonuses have to be added slightly and slowly, not at 15% steps. The dr bonuses we've got now are good enough imo. You have to think long term, okay maybe today not everyone can afford max dr bonus, but over the time it that amount will add up until you've got 20 people with max drop rate bonuses and you will have drops left and right, it limits the lifespan of the servers eco longterm.

Just make it a rank, pet accessory and a cosmetic cape whats so bad about that. My reason is mentioned above.

Those feel no different than a cosmetic holiday item, beyond useless.

I brought them up to show that it's possible and not eco breaking. At the moment maybe only a handful had max drop rate bonus (57%) and now with the new max (67%) I imagine it'll be many months before someone gets it (that will actually use it and not a gambler who has it for collection).

If its just a rank or some cosmetic then what a slap in the face honestly. Making it seem like there are literally going to be 100 veterans with this OP, eco breaking cape. I can only think of two veterans that have been around and played a lot is myself and The Aurora. Most of them have been banned and the rest quit/don't play much, LET ALONE actually use the cape to "get drops and break the eco".

44 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Those feel no different than a cosmetic holiday item, beyond useless.

I brought them up to show that it's possible and not eco breaking. At the moment maybe only a handful had max drop rate bonus (57%) and now with the new max (67%) I imagine it'll be many months before someone gets it (that will actually use it and not a gambler who has it for collection).

If its just a rank or some cosmetic then what a slap in the face honestly. Making it seem like there are literally going to be 100 veterans with this OP, eco breaking cape. I can only think of two veterans that have been around and played a lot is myself and The Aurora. Most of them have been banned and the rest quit/don't play much, LET ALONE actually use the cape to "get drops and break the eco".

You dont get my point.

Its useless to you but from the replies you should notice thats not everyone thinks of it as a slap in the face.

For you it might be a slap in the face but many people out there will be satisfied with good looking cosmetics and a costum rank.

I am not complaining about the current state, I just feel like the same way you wsnt to restrain from adding auto keeps etc. We should step down from adding even more drop bonuses.

Again think ahead in the future when ther are more than just you two...

2 hours ago, despair said:

You dont get my point.

Its useless to you but from the replies you should notice thats not everyone thinks of it as a slap in the face.

For you it might be a slap in the face but many people out there will be satisfied with good looking cosmetics and a costum rank.

I am not complaining about the current state, I just feel like the same way you wsnt to restrain from adding auto keeps etc. We should step down from adding even more drop bonuses.

Again think ahead in the future when ther are more than just you two...

Oh so no drop rate bonuses, but what about DOUBLE DROP RATE BONUSES? :D 

I like the blowpipe idea qnd the draton defender (t) idea. It literqlly costs like 45b to get and adding dfs spec to it as elite donator would be amazing!

Hey Kellatha, I like all the suggestions pretty much and don't have any qualms. I wanted to see if any of this has been taken into account by the development team and or what the progress is if any for these suggestions? 

I have some questions and quoted you though.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:35 AM, Kellatha said:

Also to re-highlight. if it's anything like the playtime system i'm thinking of where it's not based off of solely on creation time and only counts your time played of you actually doing things and not just AFK there all day.

With this system to determine who is or qualify's as a veteran/played (2 years or whatever it is or total hours) you say this wont include standing around or namely Afking. So how will this be determined for those in the past playing like yourself? and I'm sure standing around afking for some time especially being a mod, so for all those who say like you have been here for 2 years as you said but how long have you actually played in game? How will that be calculated so you dont or thoes who have been around for over 2 years or close to it before the new system that times playes "playing time" in a different way. That would be biased for the later and thoes like yourself would be eliminated from the new coding of the "time played" and all the people who are or close to being a 2 year account/member how will their time spent in the past in game be calculated to determine if they were afking and I'm sure you would have been afk for many hours being a mod and its something i think would be very hard to code in to figure out who is actually "playing" be it merching, pvm/pvp, skilling or chilling at gamble/ duel. How would you or the devs determine when one is playing and when one is simply just logged in AND differentiate the two so that the time played gets counted correctly?

On 4/15/2018 at 2:35 AM, Kellatha said:

Possible Veteran Rewards:

• A.) Veteran Cape/Veteran Wings that match stats of infernal/ele comp cape and give a 15% drop rate bonus instead for pvm, or 5% damage boost for pvp.
  • B.) It could be a veteran shard that you could use it on a infernal cape and it would transform into an infernal cape with the extra bonuses
  • C.) It could be a veteran pet accessory that does the same, except in a form of a pet accessory.(5% drop rate bonus for pvm, or 5% damage boost for pvp).
  • D.) It could just be a "veteran skull" similar to "vampiric skull" where you can toggle these bonuses on or off and switch between the two.

Now that i've laid out untradable/switchable/non eco impacting alternatives, what is your argument now?

B.) is best solution

26 minutes ago, 3oro Pmauls said:

With this system to determine who is or qualify's as a veteran/played (2 years or whatever it is or total hours) you say this wont include standing around or namely Afking. So how will this be determined for those in the past playing like yourself? and I'm sure standing around afking for some time especially being a mod, so for all those who say like you have been here for 2 years as you said but how long have you actually played in game? How will that be calculated so you dont or thoes who have been around for over 2 years or close to it before the new system that times playes "playing time" in a different way. That would be biased for the later and thoes like yourself would be eliminated from the new coding of the "time played" and all the people who are or close to being a 2 year account/member how will their time spent in the past in game be calculated to determine if they were afking and I'm sure you would have been afk for many hours being a mod and its something i think would be very hard to code in to figure out who is actually "playing" be it merching, pvm/pvp, skilling or chilling at gamble/ duel. How would you or the devs determine when one is playing and when one is simply just logged in AND differentiate the two so that the time played gets counted correctly?

A similar server has one based off of play time alone. Every 15 minutes of doing something will be added to your total time played(not total time logged in to your account). Being afk wouldn't count towards the play time, as you have to be doing something for the system to credit you those hours of playtime. 

As for my play time as a staff member, I waited a year to apply for staff, and got it about a month and a half later so essentially I had 13 and a half months of 100% being staff material. Ever since day one I was very active in the help cc and via yell along with top notch forums activity. Also, I have almost 3.4K player kills, and almost 87K total npc kills. I'm sure that warrants more than enough proof that I have a lot of play time allocated legitly :) 

Rewards should be earned not on when you joined or how many people are in a clan. 

• Thanks 1