Sign in to follow this  
BenchUrSquat

Buff Grand Ring

After trying out grand ring, I feel that is in need of a buff. As a ring it's identity in the game is supposed to be the best ring for pvming. Unfortunately, since most pvming is done via range, the lack of range bonus on the ring makes it pretty disappointing. I find grand ring to have an almost 30s slower cycle at ::vip over having an archer (i) due to grand ring's lack of range bonus. It feels bad to have a ring thats supposed to be the best for pvming actually be worse combat wise than a 100m ring. If grand ring was buffed to give the same range bonus that archer (i) gives it would cement grand ring as the best pvm ring over this vague trading killing speed for drop rate that it is now. 

4 hours ago, BenchUrSquat said:

After trying out grand ring, I feel that is in need of a buff. As a ring it's identity in the game is supposed to be the best ring for pvming. Unfortunately, since most pvming is done via range, the lack of range bonus on the ring makes it pretty disappointing. I find grand ring to have an almost 30s slower cycle at ::vip over having an archer (i) due to grand ring's lack of range bonus. It feels bad to have a ring thats supposed to be the best for pvming actually be worse combat wise than a 100m ring. If grand ring was buffed to give the same range bonus that archer (i) gives it would cement grand ring as the best pvm ring over this vague trading killing speed for drop rate that it is now. 

Grand ring is fine as it is. We can't just release pvm content and keep buffing it when players think it's not good enough. We'd never stop upgrading things with that logic. As a sponsor I prefer using melee when killing since I can just DDS and smack 1400+ for 15% spec cost is pretty nifty. The only changes i'm considering right now is getting rid of the drop rate bonus it has and replacing it with double drop rate bonus.

Current Grand Ring: 7% Drop rate bonus, vigour(I) effect

New Grand Ring: 15% double drop rate bonus(when combined with fortune genie totaling 50%, regular drop rate bonus gets removed when using fortune genie), vigour(i) effect

4 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Grand ring is fine as it is. We can't just release pvm content and keep buffing it when players think it's not good enough. We'd never stop upgrading things with that logic. As a sponsor I prefer using melee when killing since I can just DDS and smack 1400+ for 15% spec cost is pretty nifty. The only changes i'm considering right now is getting rid of the drop rate bonus it has and replacing it with double drop rate bonus.

Current Grand Ring: 7% Drop rate bonus, vigour(I) effect

New Grand Ring: 15% double drop rate bonus(when combined with fortune genie totaling 50%, regular drop rate bonus gets removed when using fortune genie), vigour(i) effect

I dont really like the idea of 50% chance to receive double rare loot tbh, makes me worry for the eco :o

4 hours ago, despair said:

I dont really like the idea of 50% chance to receive double rare loot tbh, makes me worry for the eco :o

Fortune genies are limited in the economy and are really expensive. Right now I believe they are not working, so the attention hasn't been on them. And since I mention attention, all the focus is on the afk version of pvming, aka any of the epic yoshi/v fairy, but never fortune genie. I think me and maybe like one or two or other actively use fortune genie when pvming for the double loots. It's a 35% chance to double a drop, which hardly happens. 35% is too small of a fraction to be considered a chance when going for drops that would actually matter when doubled. We need to put a cap for drop rate bonus and I think evening it out at 50%-50% would be ideal.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Fortune genies are limited in the economy and are really expensive. Right now I believe they are not working, so the attention hasn't been on them. And since I mention attention, all the focus is on the afk version of pvming, aka any of the epic yoshi/v fairy, but never fortune genie. I think me and maybe like one or two or other actively use fortune genie when pvming for the double loots. It's a 35% chance to double a drop, which hardly happens. 35% is too small of a fraction to be considered a chance when going for drops that would actually matter when doubled. We need to put a cap for drop rate bonus and I think evening it out at 50%-50% would be ideal.

+1 On this Fortune genie needs a buff ;D

• Like 1

Grand ring doesn't have the weaknesses when used in sponsor zone since it is coded as vigour (i) and already has good melee stats on it. I checked some times and im killing about 10% slower using grand ring for the 7% drop rate it gives. This doesn't apply in melee pvming in sponsor zone since it has good stats, but it would be nice buff grand ring in range pvming. Or as Kellatha suggested increasing the drop rate to 14% since than trading 10% killing speed for 14% drop rate would still be worth it. 

10 hours ago, Kellatha said:

That would lead into more people using it tho the combo, even if its just 5 players that can afford the 50% chance for double rare loot it has potential to damage the eco. Ofc I cant tell for sure nor have I tested it myself tho its just a feeling Ive got with some expirience Ive made.

It could, but from my personal experience I hardly ever get a drop to begin with, let alone a double drop. Fortune genie has been malfunctioning since maybe 2-3 updates ago? Kinda pissed because I got a tbow drop at like 580 tekton kills and it wasn't doubled.