Respirate

Comp cape

I've just hit max skills on SPK and have come to the realisation that I'm going to be forced to go pking for the 1,000 kills for the cape. I believe their should be a skilling/pvming alternative to this because I really don't like pking and it'll be the most annoying grind ever doing something I hate.   

Edit: I understand that the name of the server literally has PK it it's name. However, If a system would be added to add the alternative of achieving the comp cape through PVM/Skilling, this would motivate a lot more people to actually play the game instead of just gambling all day. 

Current Requirements:

• 1,000 Kills
  • 50 Killstreak
  • All 99's
  • Or reach Legendary donator($1000)

Suggested new alternate requirements:

• 5,000 total boss kill count
  • All 99's  
  • Completed 150 slayer tasks
  • Opened 200 Barrows Chest's 
  • Or reach VIP donator ($500)

I'd like to add that these alternate requirements that I have stated are ROUGH ideas. 

Edited by Respirate

43 minutes ago, Respirate said:

I've just hit max skills on SPK and have come to the realisation that I'm going to be forced to go pking for the 1,000 kills for the cape. I believe their should be a skilling/pvming alternative to this because I really don't like pking and it'll be the most annoying grind ever doing something I hate. 

I felt the same way about it, but it does give you something to do to break up the monotony or killing bosses. 

Just now, ryanking said:

I felt the same way about it, but it does give you something to do to break up the monotony or killing bosses. 

Yeah I suppose that's true- However you're given the option to either be a legendary donator or get a 50 Killstreak- Maybe they can implement a pmv/skilling option as appose to the 1,000 kills. 

I resorted to the donation route as well. I still haven’t been able to get a 50 ks lol

Edited by ryanking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a pvm equivilant would be fair enough. But it would need to be rather hard.

Such as:

1k kills and 50 ks 

Or

Kill

tekton x300

Corp x200

Chaos ele x500

Kbd x1000

Revs x2000

Ya get where I am going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

despite your opinion you have stated about the struggle of getting 1k kills, it(referring to the complitionist cape 1) is although not intended to be a cape that is easily obtainable, besides that, realistically speaking we could all agree with the fact that this is a pk server, not a pvm nor skill based server. 

Besides that, it’s a cape with plently of additional bonusses figuratively speaking in the cape. It has got a great hybrid/tribrid based statistics that shouldn’t be added to a cape you can get without a sweat.

Therefore I disagree with your suggestion, the achiements(after getting complitionist cape 1) you have to complete are pvm/variation based besides some pking ones, on top of what I have stated.

~ Jorik

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Jorik_ said:

Hi,

despite your opinion you have stated about the struggle of getting 1k kills, it(referring to the complitionist cape 1) is although not intended to be a cape that is easily obtainable, besides that, realistically speaking we could all agree with the fact that this is a pk server, not a pvm nor skill based server. 

Besides that, it’s a cape with plently of additional bonusses figuratively speaking in the cape. It has got a great hybrid/tribrid based statistics that shouldn’t be added to a cape you can get without a sweat.

Therefore I disagree with your suggestion, the achiements(after getting complitionist cape 1) you have to complete are pvm/variation based besides some pking ones, on top of what I have stated.

~ Jorik

I agree with most of this, yes this is a pk server but it doesn't mean we should completely exclude any pvm or skilling suggestions. There are different variety of players on this server and I gaurantee if pvm/skilling wasn't updated or improved regularly, the player base would drop.

1 hour ago, Micro shade4 said:

I agree with most of this, yes this is a pk server but it doesn't mean we should completely exclude any pvm or skilling suggestions. There are different variety of players on this server and I gaurantee if pvm/skilling wasn't updated or improved regularly, the player base would drop.

100%

lets promote more pvm on our pking server!

is a name change still 100b to change this to spawnpvm

Edited by Z75
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Z75 said:

lets promote more pvm on our pking server!

is a name change still 100b to change this to spawnpvm

I really don't know if you are trolling or not, but i'll explain it in other words incase you are serious with what you said; and did not understand what i meant.

picture this: Spawnpk removes all pvm related things this means monsters, teleport spots, tele commands, ect.... what would that leave us with? just edge pkers because there would be no point in going anywhere else to pk, any items which are obtainable through pvm will now be in some sort of shop, meaning you somehow have to make money pking, or even donate to get common pk items like serps, claws, ags ect.....

- Items would be alot harder to come by because we won't have pvmers to farm a boss all day and sell them in tp.^

- we won't have a reliable way of making money. (Possibly just donate for items/cash)

- there would be only pking so if you get bored might as well log off because its "spawnpk" you can't do anything else other than pk.

- Wilderness would be dead (other then edge)

- We wouldn't have clans, clans are usually associated with deep wilderness so if there isn't any reason to go up there... goodbye clans

- We wouldn't have random players who just got loot from a boss, to pk.

So much contributes to this servers success and it isn't just pking.

Pking supports Pvm and Pvm supports Pking.

1 hour ago, Micro shade4 said:

I really don't know if you are trolling or not, but i'll explain it in other words incase you are serious with what you said; and did not understand what i meant.

picture this: Spawnpk removes all pvm related things this means monsters, teleport spots, tele commands, ect.... what would that leave us with? just edge pkers because there would be no point in going anywhere else to pk, any items which are obtainable through pvm will now be in some sort of shop, meaning you somehow have to make money pking, or even donate to get common pk items like serps, claws, ags ect.....

- Items would be alot harder to come by because we won't have pvmers to farm a boss all day and sell them in tp.^

- we won't have a reliable way of making money. (Possibly just donate for items/cash)

- there would be only pking so if you get bored might as well log off because its "spawnpk" you can't do anything else other than pk.

- Wilderness would be dead (other then edge)

- We wouldn't have clans, clans are usually associated with deep wilderness so if there isn't any reason to go up there... goodbye clans

- We wouldn't have random players who just got loot from a boss, to pk.

So much contributes to this servers success and it isn't just pking.

Pking supports Pvm and Pvm supports Pking.

pvm legit has worse rates than actual osrs. so if you want to be bored of pking, have fun pvming for literally 0 reason for a 6b drop that cant afford 3/4th of the items ingame. 

having a pvm comp cape is retarded on a pk server.

you act like pking isnt already dead here.  3/4 the server is afk or pvming/gambling and maybe 1/4 of them are in the wild actually pking (in 0 risk gear with ags + 1) 

maybe we can change this to spawngamble since pking and pvming are both shit. maybe if you win 100 gambles u get a comp cape.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Z75 said:

pvm legit has worse rates than actual osrs. so if you want to be bored of pking, have fun pvming for literally 0 reason for a 6b drop that cant afford 3/4th of the items ingame. 

having a pvm comp cape is retarded on a pk server.

you act like pking isnt already dead here.  3/4 the server is afk or pvming/gambling and maybe 1/4 of them are in the wild actually pking (in 0 risk gear with ags + 1) 

maybe we can change this to spawngamble since pking and pvming are both shit. maybe if you win 100 gambles u get a comp cape.

I wasn't saying pking is great here, nor am i saying that i want a comp cape for pvm/skilling; im fine the way it is right now. I was only stating the importance of having pvm/skilling regularly updated on this server alongside pvp.

I also agree with you on everything you stated.

Do you have any suggestions on how fix anything you listed? I'm curious because i might make a separate post about it.

2 hours ago, Micro shade4 said:

I wasn't saying pking is great here, nor am i saying that i want a comp cape for pvm/skilling; im fine the way it is right now. I was only stating the importance of having pvm/skilling regularly updated on this server alongside pvp.

I also agree with you on everything you stated.

Do you have any suggestions on how fix anything you listed? I'm curious because i might make a separate post about it.

probably add an afk timer (30 mins?) so u can see what the playerbase actually is and how much that is in the wild. 

make pking more profitable for kills even if the ppl dont risk. 7 bm for risking 0 is like 21m? you can make more than that pvming if the fight is a dm. maybe a bonus bm reward for how high the hit was on the player when they died / how long the fight was. and take account the risk someone has while fighting at edge instead of taking 50 bm to be included for an extra reward (take in account protect item for the +1 so cant take protect item off and be "risking it")

no idea how to stop abusing by letting ppl kill them with high specs / fight with 26 brews 2 restore then let someone die.

have special events every ~1 hr where if you do something with xxx stuff, you get bonus stuff (bm, actual loot). A server based around pking and initials "dt" does this and it seems to have a lot of ppl do it for the rewards. maybe add your own custom sets for ::event that they have to pk in. and if you unequip any of the gear, it takes it all off. make it so someone has to die so no teleporting/running away so ppl dont waste time and someone gets loot ex: f2p pking, range tanks and dbow spec, etc

thats all i can think about for pking atm

for pvming not really sure how to fix it besides lowering drop-rates but maybe someone more concerned about pvm can answer this

for gambling add a tax so theres gp going out of the game. how you wanna tax items maybe add a coffer where u put in gp. as well for duel arena. 

^ this would maybe have more people risk fight so they dont have to spend money to gamble or stake

how difficult this is to code? idk. but its either try to fix a broken economy based around gambling or reset the eco

Edited by Z75
  • Like 2

I'm not suggesting you remove the Pking requirement, Z75 I don't know if you're serious or not but i'm suggesting the option instead of 1,000 kills- Something skilling/pvm related can be implemented. It's not REMOVING the pvp aspect because there will still be people who have the preference of pvp. But for people like me a large amount of others, we prefer pvm/skilling content. So adding the option isn't going to drastically turn the server into a PVM one lmfao. 

Considering all three states from you three @Respirate, @Z75, and @Micro shade4 I have a lot of content suggested between myself and Ryan. I never get a definite "YES" to my content, but a good majority of it has always been implemented on it in the past so it's safe to say what I have to say about you three's concerns.

First off @Respirate, I'd like to say that i'm thinking of a alternative way for people to access comp cape in an ALTERNATE way and not replacing the current requirements.

Current Requirements:

• 1,000 Kills
  • 50 Killstreak
  • All 99's

• 10,000 total boss kill count
  • All 99's with atleast 
  • At least 2B total XP in all skills
  • Or reach VIP donator ($500) - Yes I suggested Comp cape 1 be given to all V.I.P.'s  and up instead of legendaries and up

@Z75 As for pking content, and yes you are right pking is no longer a majority on the server. I've suggested we add in pking statuettes that would be added into the server and of course (strictly for pvp). They would be able to be turned in for cash, and the better the statuette the more cash you get for it. This opens up a whole new couple of blood perks at the blood tree like (and this is just a suggestion so far, not confirmed or in the works)

• Blood perk 1: 10-20% to receive an extra pking artifact on kills
  • Blood perk 2: 10% chance to receive a rarer artifact on kills
  • Blood perk 3: 15% chance to receive extra artifacts on kills when killing players in the deep wilderness
  • Blood perk 4/5/6: Get 10/20/35% extra cash for the artifacts you turn in

Just some simple and very good content for pvp to encourage pvp, as an extra incentive and bring in actual cash flow for pvp besides BM.

Keep in mind you guys have a lot of incentives already, and in case you guys forgot any of them a long the way, i'll remind you right now that these are the incentives for PvP

• Blood Money on kills(Scale-able with blood perks, blood lust scrolls, killstreak etc)
  • Stone/Golden artifacts on kills depending on you/your enemies risk 
  • Potential seasonal rewards (easter donator mystery boxes, etc) when we have holiday events
  • Potential extra drops due to seasonal events (Halloween event where pieces needed to turn in for the event drop from players)
  • Bounty hunter to upgrade tier emblems for easy money
  • Potential access to loot due it being the wilderness (wealth from players when killed/smited,etc)
  • Alternative to use pets to boost pvp drops like Boneguard pet being able to give you a Donator mystery box/ $5 bond on kills (This is an extra incentive)
  • Any and all pvm wildy events benefit you guys as that brings attention from pvmers (fresh meat) and more attention towards wilderness like edge and especially deep wildy. That's mostly for events for also great additions like Rouge's Chest.

As for that gambler tax seems a very unethical don't you think? Sure gamblers earn bank really easily but can lose it just as fast. I don't see it fair for them to have to pay a tax on the stuff they are earning through gambling. It's not different than a pker pking 100b and the system automatically taking 10% away and he's stuck with 90b. Same thing for risk fighters. If they go on and risk 1T, that means one of them would have to lose 10%(100b)? At the end of the day is this very unethical but a pretty effective cash sink. As a player I wouldn't want to do that to them, but as a staff member I see it as a very effective and unavoidable cash sink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

a lot of people join spawn pk complaining about pking,

its called spawn pk

for 

player killing

24 minutes ago, pj3r said:

a lot of people join spawn pk complaining about pking,

its called spawn pk

for 

player killing

It is not a complaint. I'm asking for an alternative. Not to remove the pking aspect. Dude, Without pvm players this game would be nowhere. Please refrain from saying dumb shit.

6 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Considering all three states from you three @Respirate, @Z75, and @Micro shade4 I have a lot of content suggested between myself and Ryan. I never get a definite "YES" to my content, but a good majority of it has always been implemented on it in the past so it's safe to say what I have to say about you three's concerns.

First off @Respirate, I'd like to say that i'm thinking of a alternative way for people to access comp cape in an ALTERNATE way and not replacing the current requirements.

Current Requirements:

• 1,000 Kills
  • 50 Killstreak
  • All 99's

• 10,000 total boss kill count
  • All 99's with atleast 
  • At least 2B total XP in all skills
  • Or reach VIP donator ($500) - Yes I suggested Comp cape 1 be given to all V.I.P.'s  and up instead of legendaries and up

@Z75 As for pking content, and yes you are right pking is no longer a majority on the server. I've suggested we add in pking statuettes that would be added into the server and of course (strictly for pvp). They would be able to be turned in for cash, and the better the statuette the more cash you get for it. This opens up a whole new couple of blood perks at the blood tree like (and this is just a suggestion so far, not confirmed or in the works)

• Blood perk 1: 10-20% to receive an extra pking artifact on kills
  • Blood perk 2: 10% chance to receive a rarer artifact on kills
  • Blood perk 3: 15% chance to receive extra artifacts on kills when killing players in the deep wilderness
  • Blood perk 4/5/6: Get 10/20/35% extra cash for the artifacts you turn in

Just some simple and very good content for pvp to encourage pvp, as an extra incentive and bring in actual cash flow for pvp besides BM.

Keep in mind you guys have a lot of incentives already, and in case you guys forgot any of them a long the way, i'll remind you right now that these are the incentives for PvP

• Blood Money on kills(Scale-able with blood perks, blood lust scrolls, killstreak etc)
  • Stone/Golden artifacts on kills depending on you/your enemies risk 
  • Potential seasonal rewards (easter donator mystery boxes, etc) when we have holiday events
  • Potential extra drops due to seasonal events (Halloween event where pieces needed to turn in for the event drop from players)
  • Bounty hunter to upgrade tier emblems for easy money
  • Potential access to loot due it being the wilderness (wealth from players when killed/smited,etc)
  • Alternative to use pets to boost pvp drops like Boneguard pet being able to give you a Donator mystery box/ $5 bond on kills (This is an extra incentive)
  • Any and all pvm wildy events benefit you guys as that brings attention from pvmers (fresh meat) and more attention towards wilderness like edge and especially deep wildy. That's mostly for events for also great additions like Rouge's Chest.

As for that gambler tax seems a very unethical don't you think? Sure gamblers earn bank really easily but can lose it just as fast. I don't see it fair for them to have to pay a tax on the stuff they are earning through gambling. It's not different than a pker pking 100b and the system automatically taking 10% away and he's stuck with 90b. Same thing for risk fighters. If they go on and risk 1T, that means one of them would have to lose 10%(100b)? At the end of the day is this very unethical but a pretty effective cash sink. As a player I wouldn't want to do that to them, but as a staff member I see it as a very effective and unavoidable cash sink.

Thanks for the reply dude. I love the boss kills/ xp alrernative- It sounds great.

3 hours ago, Respirate said:

It is not a complaint. I'm asking for an alternative. Not to remove the pking aspect. Dude, Without pvm players this game would be nowhere. Please refrain from saying dumb shit.

pussy play runex.io there has been plenty of the same complaint if you dont wana pk dont join a pk server, join a skilling pvm based

image.png.047a73168467d2cb6a0cd7f3df5c9614.png

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2018 at 1:57 AM, pj3r said:

pussy play runex.io there has been plenty of the same complaint if you dont wana pk dont join a pk server, join a skilling pvm based

image.png.047a73168467d2cb6a0cd7f3df5c9614.png

Also refrain from personally attacking me. You make yourself sound like a weak little bully. Without Pvmers this game would be nothing. I'd say this server is easily 60/40 Pvm to pking. Stop commenting on my post please. Also- You have a bossing video on your youtube channel, you contradict yourself hard. :)

Edited by Respirate

1 hour ago, Respirate said:

Also refrain from personally attacking me. You make yourself sound like a weak little bully. Without Pvmers this game would be nothing. I'd say this server is easily 60/40 Pvm to pking. Stop commenting on my post please. Also- You have a bossing video on your youtube channel, you contradict yourself hard. :)

The difference with him and you is that he actually pks while you're killing undead pkers all day.

you joined a server called spawnpk and were surprised they had a reward based for pking. 

thats like me going to pvmingbeasts rsps and surprised theres no pking achievements

On 10/03/2018 at 3:40 PM, Z75 said:

The difference with him and you is that he actually pks while you're killing undead pkers all day.

you joined a server called spawnpk and were surprised they had a reward based for pking. 

thats like me going to pvmingbeasts rsps and surprised theres no pking achievements

No, I'm not suprised at all. I'm glad there's pking rewards, completely glad. I'm suggesting there should be an alternative goal for the cape. You guys are so small minded it's unreal.

4 hours ago, Respirate said:

No, I'm not suprised at all. I'm glad there's pking rewards, completely glad. I'm suggesting there should be an alternative goal for the cape. You guys are so small minded it's unreal.

They know, they just like to argue :P those two are from the SPK debate team. I'd say the ratios are like 70% Pvmer/gambler and 30% pkers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kellatha said:

They know, they just like to argue :P those two are from the SPK debate team. I'd say the ratios are like 70% Pvmer/gambler and 30% pkers

It's frustrating haha. I'm trying to offer alternatives to please different kinds of players.. Idk man. Haha.