Aquaman

Forum Activity

Since I've applied for staff, I have found out that the forums are pretty dead. The more I use the forums, the more I like it and find out how valuable it can be if properly used. After speaking with other SPK players, a few of them have mentioned something that may help with the forums being inactive. Currently we have rewards to the most active voters, and I would love to see something similar implemented for the forums, whether it's bonds or some other in game item. The forums are sometimes the first thing people see when looking for a new server, and I believe a more active forums would help increasing the player base.

I would absolutely love to hear other people's opinions, let me know what you think!

I absolutely agree! forums are dead only a handful of players use the forums daily.

Anything that would bring more attention to the forums i will support!

-Maybe there could be forum achievements, that could give untradeable ingame rewards sort of like the bloodlust scrolls.

• Like 1

I agree, and the things I have seen on the forums lately have been toxic flaming. Hopefully we can find a way to fix this little issue we have!

23 hours ago, ryanking said:

I agree, and the things I have seen on the forums lately have been toxic flaming. Hopefully we can find a way to fix this little issue we have!

"Lately" lol.

I am a forums guy on every server I played its and essential part to have discussions and talks about the game with other players but god damnit, this forums is almost useless for doing that, every corner you get called a slave or similar just for not agreeing with some1, every topic turns into a whos better at nhing and who planked the most kinda topic, there is just a handful of the already small forum community that actually have useful contribution to the forums, and from what I've seen its lile this just more than lately.

I hope they start moderating whats going on, on the forums a bit more because as of right now this forum could inject venom even through a serpentine helmet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, despair said:

"Lately" lol.

I am a forums guy on every server I played its and essential part to have discussions and talks about the game with other players but god damnit, this forums is almost useless for doing that, every corner you get called a slave or similar just for not agreeing with some1, every topic turns into a whos better at nhing and who planked the most kinda topic, there is just a handful of the already small forum community that actually have useful contribution to the forums, and from what I've seen its lile this just more than lately.

I hope they start moderating whats going on, on the forums a bit more because as of right now this forum could inject venom even through a serpentine helmet.

I said lately, because I have just within the past month or two became active on the forums. I completely agree with you on that, there is far too much flaming, I hope that we will be able to come up with a plan that will help with both problems on the forums.

Introduce Forum Moderators & Forum Administrators, alongside with specific rules that would apply for the forum. 

Would solve all the problems within toxicity, as long as they're good at it. With the new roles, it wouldn't make in-game staff having to prioritize the forum at any time. Honestly would expect every server to have this in 2018, but apparently not lol. 

19 minutes ago, Clevedad said:

Introduce Forum Moderators & Forum Administrators, alongside with specific rules that would apply for the forum. 

Would solve all the problems within toxicity, as long as they're good at it. With the new roles, it wouldn't make in-game staff having to prioritize the forum at any time. Honestly would expect every server to have this in 2018, but apparently not lol. 

Forum Administrator, I likey. Sounds like a rank I can have and it would be mine and only mine :o mwauahahaha

11 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Forum Administrator, I likey. Sounds like a rank I can have and it would be mine and only mine :o mwauahahaha

I dont wanna doubt your ability to moderate the forums, but an forums admin would have to do way more than just moderating topics tbh, unless you bring everything on the table that would be required to actually admin a forums (being able to work/update/creat stuff on it) I would say forum mod is enough *think*, nawt h8

2 hours ago, despair said:

I dont wanna doubt your ability to moderate the forums, but an forums admin would have to do way more than just moderating topics tbh, unless you bring everything on the table that would be required to actually admin a forums (being able to work/update/creat stuff on it) I would say forum mod is enough *think*, nawt h8

That would require a lot of privileges/trust and as of right now I think tevin is the only one with that level of trust. Not sure if he has the experience required that you mentioned to be able to do the job as you stated, but he's the closest one among the team. The most active on the forums that are you can see with content posted throughout our boards like suggestions, guides, help topics, report a bug, etc. There are some that you guys don't have access to but does contribute a lot towards maintaining a professional and very friendly user interface for the players. Now while we could do better, and much better at that, the only one who would have access to be able to edit/add more content to the forums would be Ryan/Ramzi. It's been clear since the the old forums that the forums aren't the top priority, and instead we focus more in game than anything else. 

The forums took a long time to transition into a more modern and up to date look, compared to other RSPS having transitioned almost right off the IPS update. That was our biggest hoo rah and I might add i'd like to pat myself on the back because I pushed for that a lot. Forums have always been my main point of interest since this is the first thing anyone see's when approaching the server for the first time. Fantastic forums = Fantastic server, at least that's how I view it. I don't have the experience but i'd sure love to take on something new to do. Apart from a select few who are active on the team (Tevin, JP, and me) virtually the rest of the teams forum activity is non existent. Now don't hang me for this as forum activity isn't a must for staff, but it would surely help as forums is secondary to the server in terms of importance.

As for the third layer of importance is JP took the initiative in editing discord(thanks to Ryan giving him editing rights) and revamped everything. How the discord looks like, easy to access, and has a section for everything a RSPS should have in terms of basic necessities for the community. He has the experience from handling his own CC and knew what to do and didn't need any help on doing so. On the forums it's on the contrary, as i'm not sure if any of us are experienced enough to take on the task on hand.

But yeah, I have full confidence I can moderate them well and very satisfactory if I say so myself. I don't give it my 100% if that's what your inquiring, but if I have something to work for/earn, then I would be giving it my all. As far as "forum moderator" goes, any staff member can do that, even helpers. But as I said, our forum game is not 100% as not every staff member contributes.

14 hours ago, Clevedad said:

That has @Kellatha written all over it

Idk if you understood what I mean.

Even Tevin might not be suited for the ranks as a Forums Admin by far, and thats not because he is bad at what he is doing so far, but activity and dedication isnt all you need to suit a Forums admin rank, thats more like what a Forums moderator needs to suit the rank.

Forums Admin are compareable to Forums Developers, they have to be able to edit/change the forums just like the owners work on the ingame part of spk, adding new content fixing bugs etc.

Are you/JP/Tevin able to do that? If so sure you fit the Forum Admin rank.

Again no attack against you, its just how it is/should be. Forum moderator is a high enough rank to moderate the content.

What Despair is trying to say is that there's a huge difference between a forum moderator and forum administrator, that being - forum moderators responsibility is simply to keep the forums clean, and that's pretty much it. Meanwhile a forum administrator has the main priority of updating the forum, that doesn't mean just ticking a box on and off, it means you must be familiar with the html coding language, having an admin that aren't aware of what they're doing in the admincp could cause a shit ton of harm. That's why there's no promotion from forum mod to admin unless you're aware of the coding language. Which means... unless you know that, forum mod would and should be your rank until you resign from it. 

That doesn't necessarily mean that there's needed any big trust, you're able to limit what access you give to a person inside the admincp and modcp, so they can't really do any harm. I mean they still can do any harm, but it's nothing that cant be recovered fast. If the right permissions are given, giving mod rank in-game requires more trust than to be given forum admin on the forum.

Buut, you don't need a new forum admin to keep it cool if you already have Ramzi/Ryan. Only thing required then is a forum mod. Whoever is eligible to get it is something I don't care about, but if you're wanting a smooth forums then you better get to work!

Forums are everything for a server, a little back story why I think this:

When I first joined SpawnPK I was searching for servers whose content was best suited for me. I found a few servers, and SpawnPK was actually the last server on a list of servers that I was going to try. I put it off on the back burner, this was 100% based on the forums, with never playing the game before the forums put me off. Hardly any activity+a lot toxicity. 

This was 100% true when I first viewed the forums, and still is now. The little activity that went on/goes on here was/is flamebait threads. (toxicity is a bit off topic but it's hand-in-hand with activity)

This was my process for finding servers/how I found SpawnPK: Look at voting sites -> Find servers with content I like -> Look at forums to have a general idea of the community, and judge activity -> Watch a few videos of the servers with good communities -> Download client and play for a while -> Try another server. I did this with many servers before finally breaking the cycle with SpawnPk.

Before watching a video/actually downloading the client, I thought the forums gave me the best view of the game.

I was actually wrong, great forums/community doesn't mean the games great. It does draw in numbers to try the server though, and gives people a reason to stick around after they quit + gives more incentive to possibly comeback. It would be nice to see some updates increase forum activity.

Edited by Y I P K U
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ryanking said:

What do you mean? 

thats how u get shitposts for rewards

41 minutes ago, Z75 said:

thats how u get shitposts for rewards

Still didn't clarify what your question was, but okay.

17 hours ago, ryanking said:

Still didn't clarify what your question was, but okay.

never asked a question. and you ignoring my topic proves why this is a shit suggestion

if you still dont know why, you can ask again

Edited by Z75

4 minutes ago, Z75 said:

never asked a question. and you ignoring my topic proves why this is a shit suggestion

Maybe you should just clearify what you mean, and put some effort behind your feedback, cuz damn idk what you want to say neither.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Z75 said:

if you still dont know why, you can ask again

Usually, and when I say usually I mean almost every time, when starting a sentence with the word "how" that states that you are asking a question. If you want to be a keyboard warrior and try to troll, then you're barking up the wrong tree. Now I ask again, what do you mean by the question that you asked. If all you can say is that it's a "shit suggestion", then don't waste my time. If you'd like to elaborate on why this is a "shit suggestion" please feel free to do so. 

On 2/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, ryanking said:

Usually, and when I say usually I mean almost every time, when starting a sentence with the word "how" that states that you are asking a question. If you want to be a keyboard warrior and try to troll, then you're barking up the wrong tree. Now I ask again, what do you mean by the question that you asked. If all you can say is that it's a "shit suggestion", then don't waste my time. If you'd like to elaborate on why this is a "shit suggestion" please feel free to do so. 

usually, a question mark indicates a question, not a word. but since you can't critically think about what i've said...

Because people will make low-effort posts just to obtain the rewards. Kinda ruins the point to make the forums "active". It's not that hard to make bullshit sentences that would pass the "low-effort". for example: image.png.7f94efe60371a0e77edf7507f05cadf0.png

i love how u call me a keyboard warrior but then you are one yourself rofl.

shit suggestion

Edited by Z75

On 3.3.2018 at 6:07 AM, Z75 said:

usually, a question mark indicates a question, not a word. but since you can't critically think about what i've said...

Because people will make low-effort posts just to obtain the rewards. Kinda ruins the point to make the forums "active". It's not that hard to make bullshit sentences that would pass the "low-effort". for example: image.png.7f94efe60371a0e77edf7507f05cadf0.png

i love how u call me a keyboard warrior but then you are one yourself rofl.

shit suggestion

Theres a solution for this.

The easier it is to get done with the achievement the lower thr reward.

E.g

For post count the monthly reward would be 2b.

For most content started (not comments but actually a topic started by yourself) the reward would 5b

And so on and so on.

Its not any different ingame.

17 hours ago, despair said:

Theres a solution for this.

The easier it is to get done with the achievement the lower thr reward.

E.g

For post count the monthly reward would be 2b.

For most content started (not comments but actually a topic started by yourself) the reward would 5b

And so on and so on.

Its not any different ingame.

Okay. Is that just for one person or many?

What determines the winner?

Is staff going to check that each winner didn't shitpost for topics created / posts?

1 hour ago, Z75 said:

Okay. Is that just for one person or many?

What determines the winner?

Is staff going to check that each winner didn't shitpost for topics created / posts?

Obv there would be only one winner or do you see multiple voting winners per month?

What would dertermininen the winner is rather obvious aswell...post count of the month would be who has made the most content/comments during the span of one month for example. (This would obv need to be coded)

I dont think its hard to skim over the winners content once every month to check for the content they created, I give the staff team the benefit of the doubt that they are capeable of doing so.