Ryan

[August 15th, 2019] Patch notes

Next update ETA
August 17th, 2019

We've decided to drop another preliminary patch before this weekend's update
Stay tuned for more content, gameplay improvements, and bug fixes!

Post-update patch notes (8/9/2019):

• These patches were applied on August 9th, 2019 and were listed at the bottom of the previous update topic 
    • For those of you have not seen the modified post, we're re-listing the changes below to keep you all up to date!

• Added a new "prayer indicator" to the hit drop system

65BIndm.gif

• Revenant cave teleport scrolls are now stackable
  • Dinh's bulwark now has neutral (+0) magic defense bonus
  • You are now required to be level 126 combat to open Larran's chest
  • You are now required to be level 126 combat to fight blood-revenants
  • Fixed blood-revenant spawn locations
    • They would sometimes spawn in unreachable locations like lava islands, black fortress, etc.
  • Fixed donator zone revenants spawning superior blood-revenants
  • Fixed donator zone revenants counting for blood-revenants daily challenge
  • Fixed donator zone revenants status requirement (super+)
  • Fixed bloodwyrm drop location for larran keys

Patch notes (8/15/2019):

• Dharok's formula changes
    • After further analysis from the latest update, we've decided that the dharok buffs were too strong for it's low price in the game economy
    • As a result, we've reversed the large accuracy bonus that it received for low HP levels, bringing it back to the standard damage rates
    • We've also disabled the dwarven rock cake usage in the wilderness once again
  • Smiting
    • Much like the DH formula, we've noticed some needed balancing for smite after further analysis
    • Reaching a middle ground from the original "smite cap" (35) vs the new one (75), smite cap in singles has been set to 50 per tick
      • This may be subject to change but it should be far more fair than the 75 cap, which (for example) allowed players to be smited with little chance to restore their prayer after a second ring of vigour special attack
  • You will now be acknowledged of "high risk" via BH or wilderness artifacts when you're risking a blood orb, allowing you to now receive gold artifacts, etc.
  • Increased the respawn time for mage bank dungeon monsters, similar to the spider respawn time change at the KBD lever location
  • If you have more than 28 autokeep items with you on death, the remainder will now be sent to your bank
    • Before this patch, the remainder items would disappear (bug fix)
    • If your bank happens to be full, they will drop below you at your respawn location. You are given warning messages in the chatbox, but beware of this!
  • Fixed another location where blood-revenants spawn at an unreachable destination
  • Fixed an issue that allowed you to pull mage bank levers while stunned from dragon spear
  • Fixed an issue that allowed larran's key drops via PKing even when you don't have a blood slayer task
  • Fixed dragon boots (g) protection value
  • Fixed amulet of the damned protection value

Great stuff Ryan, 50 PP in one tick is still plenty for those who know what they’re doing :)

I wish Larran’s keys stayed the same, or there was another 750M item that had a chance of dropping. It’s a nice way of making PKing more profitable without being OP. It also helps new players quite a lot.

Edited by Big Pee pee

Not a huge fan.

> Smiting part.

Smites dont work on spawnpk like they do on OSRS. The 75 prayer points thing was the literal only way you'd ever realistically smite someone, and even then if someone knew what he was doing it could be prevented. 

I feel like reworking this entire system might as well be done, if you want to make smites more legit. Start with proper food combos (aka eating a karambwam as a first food blocks you from drinking pots/eating a rocktail just like how it'd work on osrs) Being able to eat anything in any order reduces odds of smiting by a solid 99% as far as im concerned.

It also completely defeats the purpose of smiting items in the first place. Why use special pets/equipment/weapons to smite, when it won't do more smiting damage anyway? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. When the 75 pray cap came along a lot of people were getting smited, but 2 days later almost every one was already accustomed to it and I hadn't smited someone in hours and hours of trying (in comparison to smiting 99% of the players on the first day). I don't think everything always has to be nerfed, just to downplay the level of skill needed to survive something.

As for the dwarven rock cake huge -1 for removing it again. Instead what should've been removed was the ability to get 1/99 hp inside the wilderness, while still being able to guzzle it for small amounts of damages. That way your opponent sees you going towards low hp making him able to anticipate a lot more. Wasn't that the entire idea of having it added in the first place?

Anyway just my 2 cents. I like the rest of the fixes and I can't wait for more updates. Nonetheless not a fan of the 2 things I mentioned above. I feel like theres a consistent attempt to make the skill gap between players smaller and smaller to the point that there is no skill needed and it all just becomes RNG instead. 

Edit: A small idea for the smiting thing; couldn't it instead be lowered slightly more (the cap for smites in 1 tick) however, using certain smiting items you can increase the cap instead of re-introduce the purpose of them? That way not anyone can just be an OP smite machine, but using the BIS for smiting will increase the cap total to like 60 or something, with around 30 cap if u have 0 items? 

Edited by metal justin

27 minutes ago, metal justin said:

Not a huge fan.

> Smiting part.

Smites dont work on spawnpk like they do on OSRS. The 75 prayer points thing was the literal only way you'd ever realistically smite someone, and even then if someone knew what he was doing it could be prevented. 

I feel like reworking this entire system might as well be done, if you want to make smites more legit. Start with proper food combos (aka eating a karambwam as a first food blocks you from drinking pots/eating a rocktail just like how it'd work on osrs) Being able to eat anything in any order reduces odds of smiting by a solid 99% as far as im concerned.

It also completely defeats the purpose of smiting items in the first place. Why use special pets/equipment/weapons to smite, when it won't do more smiting damage anyway? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. When the 75 pray cap came along a lot of people were getting smited, but 2 days later almost every one was already accustomed to it and I hadn't smited someone in hours and hours of trying (in comparison to smiting 99% of the players on the first day). I don't think everything always has to be nerfed, just to downplay the level of skill needed to survive something.

As for the dwarven rock cake huge -1 for removing it again. Instead what should've been removed was the ability to get 1/99 hp inside the wilderness, while still being able to guzzle it for small amounts of damages. That way your opponent sees you going towards low hp making him able to anticipate a lot more. Wasn't that the entire idea of having it added in the first place?

Anyway just my 2 cents. I like the rest of the fixes and I can't wait for more updates. Nonetheless not a fan of the 2 things I mentioned above. I feel like theres a consistent attempt to make the skill gap between players smaller and smaller to the point that there is no skill needed and it all just becomes RNG instead. 

I like your ideas and suggestions. I could see that the 75 smite cap was a bit to much but it was way better than the old cap. Most players as you said was already accustomed to it and it actually took a lot of effort and time to smite someone. Maybe rework the smite system to proper food combos as said above or try something like raising the cap to 65 and see how that works?  

+1 for your suggestion on dwarven rock cake. I could also suggest to add a 75 cap ish when using dwarven rock cake. It's still possible in multi to use d scimmy spec - eat dwarven rock cake into 1hp - smack 110s with full dh. This problem is imo mainly when it comes to superior bosses that gives magic sickness. There is nothing you can do in situations like that.

Kind regards Bsouth

2 minutes ago, Bsouth said:

I like your ideas and suggestions. I could see that the 75 smite cap was a bit to much but it was way better than the old cap. Most players as you said was already accustomed to it and it actually took a lot of effort and time to smite someone. Maybe rework the smite system to proper food combos as said above or try something like raising the cap to 65 and see how that works?  

+1 for your suggestion on dwarven rock cake. I could also suggest to add a 75 cap ish when using dwarven rock cake. It's still possible in multi to use d scimmy spec - eat dwarven rock cake into 1hp - smack 110s with full dh. This problem is imo mainly when it comes to superior bosses that gives magic sickness. There is nothing you can do in situations like that.

Kind regards Bsouth

When it comes to dwarven rock cake u should just be able to take a max of 10 hp off per click. That way u need to quickly click multiple times to lower ur hp to the point where u want it. It's also a heads up to the opponent ur lowering ur hp, making that person able to counter it or prepare or whatever

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, Ryan said:

• Dharok's formula changes
    • After further analysis from the latest update, we've decided that the dharok buffs were too strong for it's low price in the game economy
    • As a result, we've reversed the large accuracy bonus that it received for low HP levels, bringing it back to the standard damage rates
    • We've also disabled the dwarven rock cake usage in the wilderness once again
  • Smiting
    • Much like the DH formula, we've noticed some needed balancing for smite after further analysis
    • Reaching a middle ground from the original "smite cap" (35) vs the new one (75), smite cap in singles has been set to 50 per tick
      • This may be subject to change but it should be far more fair than the 75 cap, which (for example) allowed players to be smited with little chance to restore their prayer after a second ring of vigour special attack

Absolutely STELLAR

On 8/15/2019 at 3:40 AM, metal justin said:

Edit: A small idea for the smiting thing; couldn't it instead be lowered slightly more (the cap for smites in 1 tick) however, using certain smiting items you can increase the cap instead of re-introduce the purpose of them? That way not anyone can just be an OP smite machine, but using the BIS for smiting will increase the cap total to like 60 or something, with around 30 cap if u have 0 items? 

Yeah lets give the rich people already in max gear + a holy zerk an even bigger advantage over others, especially new players lmao -1

32 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yeah lets give the rich people already in max gear + a holy zerk an even bigger advantage over others, especially new players lmao -1

aint that the entire purpose of spending literal trills on smiting gear? wtf u mean. i dont see any logic in ur reply what so ever.

OBVIOUSLY people with trills should have an advantage in the wild against those that don't. Why else would u even make money in the first place??

Edited by metal justin

On 8/15/2019 at 5:40 AM, metal justin said:

Not a huge fan.

> Smiting part.

Thank you for your feedback! While you bring out some fair points, I'll be honest and say I sense some hints of exaggeration in your statements here, such as this:

Being able to eat anything in any order reduces odds of smiting by a solid 99% as far as im concerned.

On OSRS you could maybe drain roughly 20 prayer points if you hit an 80+ with smite. Even with the custom food combos in place, SPK still has far more smite potential vs. your target's restoration, because not only can you smite 50 per hit, but per tick. Keep in mind potential from gmaul combos, DFS spec, etc. which could allow you to lay down a lot more prayer drain before your opponent's next potion delay of 3 ticks (you can only drink pots once every 3 ticks). With some tests I ran, you can still smite up to 75 in between them drinking their first restore potion to their 2nd/3rd.

Smiting is something I'll still continue to investigate; as I said in the update topic it may be subject to change. As much as I don't like constantly changing mechanics, there are many different factors & while a change may solve one problem, it could just as easily produce a new one. The 75 cap allowed for better smiting, but it also brought out far too much potential for completely inescapable smites.

With the 50 cap, there is still potential for good smites with the right gear (credits to @Phenomenon for the GIF):

https://i.gyazo.com/b468208345a4d9a1e358020ec54029ad.mp4

I think re-adding the guzzling may  be a fair middle ground, I'll run some tests and see if it won't pose any issues in conjunction with the new DH formula (considering it's less now OP than it was before) and add it on the next update if things go smoothly.

Thank you again for your feedback.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Thank you for your feedback! While you bring out some fair points, I'll be honest and say I sense some hints of exaggeration in your statements here, such as this:

On OSRS you could maybe drain roughly 20 prayer points if you hit an 80+ with smite. Even with the custom food combos in place, SPK still has far more smite potential vs. your target's restoration, because not only can you smite 50 per hit, but per tick. Keep in mind potential from gmaul combos, DFS spec, etc. which could allow you to lay down a lot more prayer drain before your opponent's next potion delay of 3 ticks (you can only drink pots once every 3 ticks). With some tests I ran, you can still smite up to 75 in between them drinking their first restore potion to their 2nd/3rd.

Smiting is something I'll still continue to investigate; as I said in the update topic it may be subject to change. As much as I don't like constantly changing mechanics, there are many different factors & while a change may solve one problem, it could just as easily produce a new one. The 75 cap allowed for better smiting, but it also brought out far too much potential for completely inescapable smites.

With the 50 cap, and there is still potential for good smites with the right gear (credits to @Phenomenon for the GIF):

https://i.gyazo.com/b468208345a4d9a1e358020ec54029ad.mp4

The main issue with this is that being smited is super avoidable at this point. And because smiting was such a trend for a few days almost everyone is fully aware of it. They'll just pray pot/restore as soon as they get to 80 points or so. The reason I mentioned osrs is because it doesn't matter if they do that on here. Even if they super restore just to get 80 to 99 pray up, they can eat a rocktail/karambwam immediatly after if they are hit unexpectedly. 

I understand that OSRS has an entirely different system when it comes to smites, but it wouldn't be unfair to keep in mind that this is a rsps. And we have very specific items meant for smiting such as holy pets costing up to a tril+, the malevelant axe which is also insanely expensive and that new ancient mace that's borderline dead content at this point (malev axe is just so much better for smiting in the first place)

I just don't think its unfair that IF you use a smite setup, specifically for smiting, that being smited becomes easier.

However one potential thing I did think of towards making it more balanced was to make the regular barrelchest war axe 65% spec requirement. Even with a vigour u cant double spec still. And then for the malev one to be 55%, so that u still need a vigour in order to double. I think if this was the case then a 65 or 70 pray cap would still be a decent balance. Also keeping in mind that the regular barrelchest is a pretty inaccurate weapon, and altho the malev is pretty strong, there are only very few in game and they are worth trillions. Just my 2 cents but i feel like that'd balance things out quite nicely, and players could then instead use a barrelchest (with vigour) or malev into a gmaul spec for example