Nick

General Client Fixes

Lots of people appear to be having trouble getting their client started, or even logging in in-game, so here are some easy fixes.

Before starting, please try out the official Repair Tool
Download here:

http://spawnpk.net/assets/Repair%20Tool.jar

*Please Note*

The fixes below are based upon Windows. Although most fixes will work for OS X, some may not and locations of certain folders will be in different places. You'll need to talk to somebody ese about your issues if you're using OS X as I have no experience with the system.

Common Error Messages:

1. "Connection Error: Retrying in - "

2. "Error Connecting To Server"

3. "Your Client Is Outdated"

4. "You Have Been Banned"

5. "SpawnPK Has Been Updated"

6. Your client doesn't load AT ALL.

7. Your client is blank (just a grey client)

8. Cache partially loads but refreshes/wont fully load.

9. Your client won't load as a Java Application.

10. "Sorry, an error occurred whilst loading Runescape" (https://gyazo.com/5516498ec7ef264fb5bfd1080fef893a)

11: SpawnPk Auto-Updater Closes (https://gyazo.com/9d15b324ebb38b7ec1f4d71912613029)

Here are some simple fixes:

Error Message 1: If you're experiencing "Connection Error: Retrying in - " then this is a problem with your SpawnPK Cache, this normally means the cache hasen't downloaded properly (not your fault), here's a simple fix:

Step 1: Open File Explorer

Step 2: Navigate your way to: C:\Users\YOUR_PC_NAME\.spawnpk

7HI4uO2.png

Step 3: Delete .spawnpk (.spawnpk-data can stay, it has no effect on this issue).

Step 4: Re-download the latest SpawnPK Client from forums.

Step 5: Re-Run SpawnPK Client and your client should successfully load.

Error Message 2: This error message (Error connecting to server) can mean multiple things. A: The server is offline, B: You're internet won't allow you to connect to the server, C: You've been IP/UID banned, D: The client is outdated and the list goes on. Some fixes can be:

Step 1: Try downloading the latest client from forums.

Step 2: Try resetting your modem.

Step 3: Check to see if any firewall rules are blocking you access.

Step 4: Ask a moderator on forums is there are any punishments against your account/IP address.

Error Message 3: "Your client is outdated". This simply means there has been an update and you don't have the most recent client. Simple fix:

Step 1: Download the latest client from forums.

Error Message 4: "You have been banned". This means the account you're trying to login to has been banned for whatever reason it may be. Contact a staff on forums & they will assist you as best as they can.

Error Message 5:"SpawnPk Has Updated". This means that SpawnPk has just gone through an update. Simple fix:

Step 1: Relaunch the client.

Step 2: (If this still occurs) Download the latest client from forums

Step 3: Launch the latest client.

Error 6: Your client simply doesn't launch. I haven't seen this happen yet, however it does quite often occur when running Java clients.

1st of all make sure that you have java.

Step 1. Download the latest client from the forums and drag it to your desktop then rename it to "spawnpk.jar"

Step 2. Open a notepad, Drag it to your desktop and type this:

java -jar spawnpk.jar
pause

Step 3. Once you've done that, save it, and then change the file name to spawnpk.bat

Step 4. Open the .bat file OR open the spawnpk.jar file.

If this doesn't work, take a screenshot of the command prompt that is open & send me the screenshot of the error message.

*This allows you to view a few Advanced Settings (Eg. Your ping ms to the server and a few debugging tools).*

Error 7: Simply follow the same steps in Error Message 1.

Error 8: Simply follow the same steps in Error Message 1.

However, if you're using a mac/OS X this could be a possible fix (Credits to Ryan):

Ryan said:

1. Close your client

2. Open terminal

3. Enter the following command:

rm -R ~/.spawnpk

4. Bless up

5. Load your client again

Error 9: Follow the below steps:

BM9i7Tj.png

Error 10:

"Sorry, an error occurred whilst loading Runescape"

5516498ec7ef264fb5bfd1080fef893a.gif

Simply follow the steps in Error Message 1.

Error 11: SpawnPk Auto-Updater Closes (https://gyazo.com/9d15b324ebb38b7ec1f4d71912613029)[/color]

1. Open command prompt (windows start button, type cmd in search)

2. Enter:

setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

3. Reload the client!

If these steps don't work & you're still having trouble, message a staff member (or even myself) & We/I will try to assist you as best as possible.

• Like 1

Thanks for this! Should be pinned imo

If it's good enough.

Made it because almost everyday people are commenting in the shout box with client issues (normally the same one).

A detailed guide broken down into steps to resolve issues should help these players out.

*Edit*

Fixed "Error 6".

Some steps weren't spelt/typed out correctly, if you're experiencing Error 6, try my method again!

Done all doesnt work why dont you just sturt a webclient server?

Because very minimal browsers support Java webclients anymore.

What is your problem exactly?

When i start the client it comes something autoupdater and then it just shuts down it wont start the acctual client

If you could get someone to help me delete the files for spawn.pk it would maybe help but i have no idea how to do it

If you could get someone to help me delete the files for spawn.pk it would maybe help but i have no idea how to do it

What operating system do you use?

Try installing JDK.

I've been given word it helps run the Spawnpk client better on OS X

i ahve this issue that whenever i load spk its a grey screen and nothing happens i deleted everything and redownloaded newest client and nothing happened can u help me out cuz i really like this server :P

i ahve this issue that whenever i load spk its a grey screen and nothing happens i deleted everything and redownloaded newest client and nothing happened can u help me out cuz i really like this server :P

pm me your teamview dets i will help you.

Installed java forox or smth it works now (Y)

what does this mean? i got same problem

What operating system do you use?

when i click on spawn pk to launch there comes a box real quick wich says ' checking for updates' and then,dissapears again immidiaitly.

Then nothing happens the cleint won't start.... i tried downloading then new client already like said in the topic but still the same happens...

Hope we can fix this soon, i wan't to play :P

when i click on spawn pk to launch there comes a box real quick wich says ' checking for updates' and then,dissapears again immidiaitly.

Then nothing happens the cleint won't start.... i tried downloading then new client already like said in the topic but still the same happens...

Hope we can fix this soon, i wan't to play :P

Are you using mac?

In that case i can probably help.