Ryan

[2/14/2018] Surge spells, enchanted gloves, and more!

Next update ETA
2/21/2018

NCbEYcS.png

Content updates:

• Surge spells
    • Wind, water, earth and fire surge spells have been added to the modern spell book
    • These new spells require "wrath runes" to cast, which are obtained from:
      • Runecrafting from the dark altar, located west of the wilderness graveyard (::graves)
      • Killing rune dragons, which are located in the dark altar's vicinity
        • Common chance (1/3) to drop stacks of 30-50 wrath runes
    • In order to unlock these spells, you must incant a "Surge spell scroll"
      • Obtained as a drop from rune dragons (1/100 base rate)
    • Tome of fire damage bonus is applicable for fire surge
    • Autocasting interface has been modified to include these new spells
  • Enchanted gloves
    • New pair of gloves obtained from the enchantment chest
      • Autokeep and untradeable
    • Includes the combined effects of all dominion tower gloves (goliath, swift, spellcaster)
      • Also includes combined hybrid-based equipment bonuses
    • Required ingredients (5% success rate) include:
      • 5 Goliath tokens
      • 5 Swift tokens
      • 5 Spellcaster tokens
      • 3 Blood diamonds
    • Glove tokens
      • Goliath, swift, and spellcaster gloves can now be exchanged for stackable tokens
        • Select the "Exchange" right-click option in your inventory
      • Tokens are primarily a utility for the new enchantment, but they can also be exchanged for their corresponding glove, with the color of your choice
  • Rogue's chest
    • Added chance to activate "traps" from the rogue's chest
      • When a trap is activated, it will deal 5-10 damage against you
    • Fixed issues with range attacks and spellcasting behind castle walls
    • You can no longer steal from the chest behind castle walls
  • Pet fusion
    • The epic pet fuse box has returned to the pet fuser for a limited time!
      • This fusion is set to expire on next upcoming update (ETA 2/21/2018)
    • This box will open for a random epic fused pet, out of all the server's past fusions
  • Twisted bow
    • Increased attack speed (+1 ticks) in PvM combat
  • VIP zone
    • Fixed issues with pathfinding for certain monsters
  • Mage arena world event
    • Event has been disabled
    • You can still exchange your leftover coins by selecting the "Exchange" option in your inventory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the runecrafting I think you should consider doing what Jagex did with the wilderness altar update ; add an NPC that can unnote essence for some amount of coins so people bring coins and therefore risk more for the convenience of not having to constantly bank, which also results in them having more runes on them and risking more if they die than just 1 inventory worth of runes.

Also you could add multiple runes, something like double or triple per ess at 99 on a trained account since most skills on a trained account are thoroughly useless at the moment.

@Ryan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i just rag said:

For the runecrafting I think you should consider doing what Jagex did with the wilderness altar update ; add an NPC that can unnote essence for some amount of coins so people bring coins and therefore risk more for the convenience of not having to constantly bank, which also results in them having more runes on them and risking more if they die than just 1 inventory worth of runes.

Also you could add multiple runes, something like double or triple per ess at 99 on a trained account since most skills on a trained account are thoroughly useless at the moment.

@Ryan

Yeah i agree, I've crafted some runes and I can run in with no risk and even if i die after crafting my runes its just 1 invo worth of runes which you can get from a dragon drop anyways...

60 attempts at the enchanted gloves and no success. I love the updates, they keep me playing, but every update consistently seem to be sinks with the smallest chance at obtaining the items. (Finally successful at 86 attempts. Still demoralizing but happy to have the gloves.)

Edited by Bowflexxx
5% finally paid off

19 minutes ago, Bowflexxx said:

60 attempts at the enchanted gloves and no success. I love the updates, they keep me playing, but every update consistently seem to be sinks with the smallest chance at obtaining the items. 

Poor guy 😫😫😫 

21 hours ago, Bowflexxx said:

60 attempts at the enchanted gloves and no success. I love the updates, they keep me playing, but every update consistently seem to be sinks with the smallest chance at obtaining the items. (Finally successful at 86 attempts. Still demoralizing but happy to have the gloves.)

I know the gloves aren't tradeable, so instead give me your account so I may have them :)

RIP MB Event, You will be missed:(.

Loving rune drags (first surge scroll in-game, woo!)

Op-Hybridmen gloves are well OPPPPP, nice addition I plan for a few tries here and there. I'm not much of gambler but these gloves will change that, everyone loves autokeep gear.

I'm guessing with this buff, tbow is the strongest range wep for PvM?